BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Hm I thought I had that installed.. thanks for that. But it seems my game was stable reguardless. Because well... Runs like a charm with Universe Replacer lol. Idk.. I don't like fixing things that aren't broken, but the whole idea of TR is its BETTER then UR when it comes to memory management, no? And I'm only using what textutes you see in that pic. All works with UR.

First, try to disable texture compression and mipmap generation in `TextureRepalcer/PluginData/TextureReplacer/Config.cfg`. If that doesn't work try bisection among plugins to determine which is in conflict with TR.

Remove leading "//", then they come into effect.

Uhm.. okay so if I understand... mipmap generation and compression are NOT enabled seeing is how it has "//" before it and its set to false..

So.. ive tried swapping most of my plugins.. no luck here. The game just wont get passed the loading screen-main menu transition.

...I... idk. Ive had this game for over a year now and ive been downloading/installing mods ever since.. never had such issues getting a mod to work before. I really don't know at this point im lost. Heres a list of installed mods for what it counts..

3pzFYeQ.jpg?1

MissionController

Modsbytal

MudularFuelTanks

NavyFish

NothkeSerCom

NovaPunch2

PorkWorks

PreciseNode

ProceduralDynamics

Romfarer

SCANsatRPM

Squad

StretchyTanks

TarsierSpaceTech

TriggerTech

Texturereplacer

WarpUnlocker.

I have enjoyed playing the improved quality of the planets, and additional herbal skins, but now I would like to try to create my own texture pack. I wanted to know how to extract textures from KSP so that I could change the textures of the buildings at the space port, to a more industrial sort of style.

Uhm.. okay so if I understand... mipmap generation and compression are NOT enabled seeing is how it has "//" before it and its set to false...

Shaw explained that you need to remove the "//" before the line -- that is what is called "uncommenting". With the // preceding, the config file skips that line. So remove the // in order to have the config file set mipmap and compression to false.

Also, just to make sure, you are using the Active Memory Reduction mod by rbray -- correct? You're most definitely running out of RAM. Are you running high res cloud packs and all of Proots Pimp My Kerbal's pack? Your system may not be able to run those -- consider downsizing. Endraxial's planet pack is a lot lighter weight. You should try that pack instead.

If you're not running Active Memory Reduction, try that first.

I have enjoyed playing the improved quality of the planets, and additional herbal skins, but now I would like to try to create my own texture pack. I wanted to know how to extract textures from KSP so that I could change the textures of the buildings at the space port, to a more industrial sort of style.

You can extract (steal) them from KSP asset files in `KSP_Data/` with Unity Asset Explorer (google for the link, it's on some forums) or with https://github.com/ata4/disunity/releases.

Shaw explained that you need to remove the "//" before the line -- that is what is called "uncommenting". With the // preceding, the config file skips that line. So remove the // in order to have the config file set mipmap and compression to false.

Also, just to make sure, you are using the Active Memory Reduction mod by rbray -- correct? You're most definitely running out of RAM. Are you running high res cloud packs and all of Proots Pimp My Kerbal's pack? Your system may not be able to run those -- consider downsizing. Endraxial's planet pack is a lot lighter weight. You should try that pack instead.

If you're not running Active Memory Reduction, try that first.

AND ITS GOOOOD. Lol thanks for clearing that up. I removed the // and it worked.

I'd really like to take Proot's approach and add textures in my pack for Kerbals and have my own skybox, but they're more difficult than planet textures. At least I know that a planet texture is flipped and wrapped around a sphere. EVA textures are mapped to a more complex model and I always get noticeable seams in the skybox. 'Tis a learning experience to get these things to work.

Great textures! Hope you don't mind if I use some details to get better results with my pack.

Don't think I ever replied to this. You can use the textures for whatever you want, dude. Chances are I might like your version more than my own. Also, your clouds and city lights pack is amazing.

Endraxial's planet pack is a lot lighter weight. You should try that pack instead.

Compression helps. I know a lot of people have problems with memory running out, especially when using other mods. and of course smaller size means a quicker download. I don't know if that's optimal for Texture Replacer, though, because the colors in my images are indexed. Haven't had any issues.

Edited by Endraxial

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to do this right so I'll just ask for a single example which should set me straight. I have very high resolution version of Gilly from Universe Replacer. In Universe Replacer they were in the //Textures/Moons/Gilly

* Gilly1.jpg

* Gilly1.png

So where do I put these and what do I have to edit any configs or anything? Or change the filenames?

Thanks! :)

Oh, I think I figured part of it out. They just go in the Default directory, and I need to rename them to "evemoon100" and "evemoon101". But I don't know which is just Gilly and which is the normal map: jpg or png?

@Shaw know you the pupil texture name? I would try to change it (just the color or as texture).

Pupil has no texture. However, it's possible to make a workaround for that as I did for visor.

Oh, I think I figured part of it out. They just go in the Default directory, and I need to rename them to "evemoon100" and "evemoon101". But I don't know which is just Gilly and which is the normal map: jpg or png?

None. Those two textures override each other. If there are multiple textures with the same name but different extension, KSP only loads one of them. In UR, "Gilly1" is diffuse texture and "Gilly2" would be a normal map.

None. Those two textures override each other. If there are multiple textures with the same name but different extension, KSP only loads one of them. In UR, "Gilly1" is diffuse texture and "Gilly2" would be a normal map.

Fantastic. Thanks for teaching me something new!

What was the problem? Compression or mipmap generiation?

Sorry shaw I never checked back. Uhm.. both as far as I know. I disabled both ( should I not have? ) Lol BIG help I know, but it works and it works good. So for that much I am grateful.

Edited by Motokid600

Sorry shaw I never checked back. Uhm.. both as far as I know. I disabled both ( should I not have? ) Lol BIG help I know, but it works and it works good. So for that much I am grateful.

Could you test which one is problematic?