[0.25] 6S Service Compartment Tubes - "Design smooth!"

nothke

That, and / or a doorless version.

I have no real desire to see my partlist clogged with multiple parts with just varying textures though, so simply having the option to replace the texture with a smooth one (with perhaps a less-obvious door) would be phenomenal. Right now stacking multiple compartments kinda of looks a little odd, since most parts in KSP are *not* ribbed (in fact the small fuel tank is the only part that I can think of that is), and having the big giant stack of obvious panels starts to look a little weird. Making the doors much less obvious (thinner outline, more subdued color) and a smooth look would be the tits.

I'd try my hand at retexturing it myself but I have no idea how to handle these filetypes.

Edited by Frostiken

You should definitely pay attention where the doors are facing when building the ship, as Nick documents the mishap:

..Or just don't open them xD

I didn't have that large of a mishap, but I did have the door take off one of my solar panels.

the doors don't work right in flight.

the door animation jumps to open position and plays the close animation.

so its not possible to open the door in flight.

i just tested it with the 1m version.

still a usefull and nice looking part :)

Yea I've been having the same problem too, I'm pretty sure I installed it right. Anybody have suggestions?

Once again, problems with the doors not opening are because you most likely lack FIRESPITTER!!!!!!! It isn't optional guys.....

You are incorrect. First thing I did was update Firespitter.

The doors function, to a point - they just play the close animation instead of the open one. Please don't assume that people are stupid when they have a problem. Most of us find it offensive.

My comment was mostly aimed at AlanRayne, his problem sounds like he most defiantly skipped installing firespitter. I've seen the bug your mentioning before with other mods, it usually happens when a part forgets what stage of the animation the part should be at.....

Usually shows up as a part opening or closing when it should be doing the opposite...

My comment was mostly aimed at AlanRayne, his problem sounds like he most defiantly skipped installing firespitter. I've seen the bug your mentioning before with other mods, it usually happens when a part forgets what stage of the animation the part should be at.....

Usually shows up as a part opening or closing when it should be doing the opposite...

The most recent firespitter is included in the download...

Looks awesome, will be downloading later. Should totally be in Stock KSP! :D

Edit: I put the parts into the Parts-folder, but it's not working? :huh:

The parts don't have their own folders, maybe that's the problem?

Edited by Lizard771

I love these things, use them on almost every manned space craft now. One of my favorite uses for them is for science equipment, especially placing mystery goo since it offsets the mass of my ship anywhere else.

It would be nice if there was some kind of end adapter piece for it though to keep odd textures from the parts its placed next to from showing on the inside (fuel tanks, etc), also whatever you place on the bottom or top of the container gets moved when you move around their respective parts instead of truly being attached to the container itself. Not a big deal or anything, just an idea.

auKM9Bw.png

Edited by RSF77

I love these things, use them on almost every manned space craft now. One of my favorite uses for them is for science equipment, especially placing mystery goo since it offsets the mass of my ship anywhere else.

It would be nice if there was some kind of end adapter piece for it though to keep odd textures from the parts its placed next to from showing on the inside (fuel tanks, etc), also whatever you place on the bottom or top of the container gets moved when you move around their respective parts instead of truly being attached to the container itself. Not a big deal or anything, just an idea.

I'll second this. I use these all the time now, and what I've been using is the end piece adapter from Sumghai's FusTek expansion pack. It's basically just a very thin circular 2.5m hull piece that works great paired with these.

Very useful parts, Nothke! Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.