[0.25] 6S Service Compartment Tubes - "Design smooth!"

nothke

I don't suppose there is a way for non-radial parts to be used inside the compartment? My issue is that I want to put a probe core inside the compartment (with a Fuel Tank as the root part), but it uses the spare attach node so the compartment can't be capped. Is there a way around this that I can't find, or could this be a future feature?

Love the part regardless. =)

The BZ-52 Radial Attachment Point could be used, although it is a bit bulky. You could also add a cubic octagonal strut and place the core on that.

What if interior attachment node points were added, similar to how the Procedural Fairings interstage part works? That way we could get non-radial parts in there without using extra surface-attach pieces and no resorting to disabling Part Clipping.

What if interior attachment node points were added, similar to how the Procedural Fairings interstage part works? That way we could get non-radial parts in there without using extra surface-attach pieces and no resorting to disabling Part Clipping.

First, it would add more probability of not stacking the compartments correctly. Many mods have attachment points very close to each other and it's very hard to know to which attachment did you actually place it. Even stock parts like decouplers and docking ports tend to do that. Secondly, it would add another giant green ball when placing parts making it hard to see.

It's really amazing actually. Because all the other simple ideas I started working on somebody "took over" ahead of me.. Independently of course. It's just a usual problem with "simple" ideas xD

bah, in fact not a problem at all ideas are like trees, they have many roots and many branchs, but more important there time reference are not human one, let's them grow like precious seeds even if you not control there evolve or harvest them yourself, it's like child, ideas are magic in some way :)

Absolutely love it. By the way, which mod you use for that decoupler in OP picture.

Yeah, the decouplers are from Deadly Reentry, they are made to specifically fit beneath heatshields.

I'm pleasantly surprised that these parts don't block engine exhaust, like some part hiding schemes that involve clipping.

That's cause the colliders are set in a ring (right where the hull is), most other parts, like stock ones, just fill the whole cylinder with a single collider and the engine checks colliders beneath and not the graphical model, which might look hollow but is not.

Edited by nothke

@nothke: So, was reading through the Ferram thread when I found this:

Yeah, I did, when I was going through and setting up the new way that people can manually specify what part title indicates a cargo bay / payload fairing. The titles can now be specified in the config.xml, but there's no special handling for procedural fairings anymore.

so a simple modification to the config.xml file found in GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins\PluginData\FerramAerospaceResearch will allow you to specify what you want.

However, that being said... This is now in the config.xml file:

<string name="cargoBayTitle2">service compartment</string>

So these will work with FAR now, without any further modifications.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.