.23 Could it all be true?!?

HafCoJoe

I have confirmed information on steerable landing gear, a science lab, tweakables and many other amazing new features.

Here's all the Squad confirmed stuff: Link

I also have new information which I have no clue if its true or not.

- Sabre engines? - CONFIRMED

- Parts costing money - most likely not true

- New Planet?!? - most likely not true

What else have you guys heard that you aren't sure are real?

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Update

I have confirmed information on steerable landing gear, a science lab, tweakables and many other amazing new features.

I also have new information which I have no clue if its true or not.

- Sabre engines? - is this true? Whats your opinion of overpowered or not?

- New Planet?!? - I've heard there's a new planet featured in .23 but is this true?

Unless this is a credible source, I would wait for more official statements :wink: .

Sabers have been confirmed.

Only semblance of confirmation I have ever seen on a new planet was forumers saying things like "I bet we get a new planet like we did with Eeloo last year" which amounts to nothing but will lead to rabid foaming at the mouth mobs wielding pitch forks swearing up and down that it was promised if there isn't one anyway.

Mixmaps said on the podcast that the news would be planet sized, not that there would be a new planet, which is something he said would *not* be happening. Did anyone else notice he was talking about parts costing money a lot of times...

The surprise is that Mu supposedly "Fixed" the water lag bug. Apparently Squad finally managed to get it to render without recalculating physics frames every tick. If this is actually true unlike what Max has said the past three updates where the lag would be "fixed" then maybe it really is planet sized, because I can't enjoy planes or even looking at the terrain now because of how low of FPS I get.

That was the most epic dev/mod reply chain I've ever seen.

OT; as other have said SABREs have been confirmed; no confirmation on a planet though. Just rampant speculation.

And we all know what rampant speculation leads to. That's right, economic recessions!

The surprise is that Mu supposedly "Fixed" the water lag bug. Apparently Squad finally managed to get it to render without recalculating physics frames every tick. If this is actually true unlike what Max has said the past three updates where the lag would be "fixed" then maybe it really is planet sized, because I can't enjoy planes or even looking at the terrain now because of how low of FPS I get.

Actually, Mu has said that the he was working on a whole optimization branch of the development builds but that time ran out on the testing for them to fold in those updates into the 0.22 release as Max has said they would be doing. Since then, there have been Dev updates that indicate that the optimization branch has been folded back into the main development path and we should see substantial performance increases in many areas.

Actually, Mu has said that the he was working on a whole optimization branch of the development builds but that time ran out on the testing for them to fold in those updates into the 0.22 release as Max has said they would be doing. Since then, there have been Dev updates that indicate that the optimization branch has been folded back into the main development path and we should see substantial performance increases in many areas.

Huh, I didn't know he had the solution gathering dust and just wasn't put into the game. Maybe Max just needs to learn to not count his chickens before they hatch.

I believe all of those have been confirmed, expect a new planet.

That may be true xD

Sabers have been confirmed.

Only semblance of confirmation I have ever seen on a new planet was forumers saying things like "I bet we get a new planet like we did with Eeloo last year" which amounts to nothing but will lead to rabid foaming at the mouth mobs wielding pitch forks swearing up and down that it was promised if there isn't one anyway.

That may instead be true xD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.