Squad giving release dates

matskuman5

What do you think of Squad giving release dates?  

1. 1. What do you think of Squad giving release dates?

• I think it's bad
    • I think it's good
    • Unsure / Don't care

Kinda like Simcity for Mac. They said it would be here for June 11th, when my summer break started, but NOOO, they had to push it back until August 26th, at least 2 weeks after school started again. Bleh.

But that's not what the thread is about. IMHO release dates are nice.

I don't think that .23 is a shift towards a new policy on release dates. Instead, I think it may have been a leak, and that SQUAD just decided to roll with it. SQUAD has been pretty quiet about the whole thing (I haven't been able to find an official statement, maybe someone else has?), which is weird because it's a 180º change on one of their unshakeable policies.

release dates a few days in advance when you know you can make them are good. Giving estimated release dates months in advance only leads to tears as schedules slip, features are dropped, people complain, staff get overworked and burn out.

Yes, also has not 0.23 been tested by the tester group? I guess they just set an date after they find no major bugs. They can miss the date if some hard bugs shows up but that is unlikely.

I think a release date announcements are a good thing. Note, they didn't announce it until about 5 days before release, two of which don't really count (weekend). That's fine with me. It allows mods to plan ahead and have a definite point at which they can postpone updates for the next release. Announcement about a week before release should be the way to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.