[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

@politas

Oh I don't expect it to be slickly produced at all.  Btw I'not running two ckans at once.  

Do you think it would be possible/easy to add a 'consistency' check?  Something like doing a checksum check between the expected .zips in the user's ckan download folder and the ones that are in the repository, and then also compare the files in the zip folders and the ones in game data?

It just seems wonky to expect users to just wipe their gamedata and start over 'just because' at unspecified time intervals because their might or might not be an issue, and if I had to do that every time I was looking at a bug in a mod, I'd be spending days on end at it.

12 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

@politas

Oh I don't expect it to be slickly produced at all.  Btw I'not running two ckans at once.  

Do you think it would be possible/easy to add a 'consistency' check?  Something like doing a checksum check between the expected .zips in the user's ckan download folder and the ones that are in the repository, and then also compare the files in the zip folders and the ones in game data?

It just seems wonky to expect users to just wipe their gamedata and start over 'just because' at unspecified time intervals because their might or might not be an issue, and if I had to do that every time I was looking at a bug in a mod, I'd be spending days on end at it.

It really doesn't take all that long to do. All your mods should already be in the CKAN downloads cache, and if you export your modlist as a favourites set and then install from .ckan, it's quite quick. Of course, if you have a bunch of mods installed under an earlier version of KSP that haven't been updated, you may lose them, but that could well be causing problems, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Update.  Worked all of the bugs.  looking pretty stable.  Still one behavioral issue to address and then I believe I'll have a Pr release to let you all play with.  Then we can wait for the "Official Release" Before I update SM to an Official 1.2 version.

Wanted to add my appreciation for this mod. Was just what I needed when my Eve lander was sitting on top of its expendable can of science, with no way of getting it up into the return pod :)  

Spoiler

fjN9z4a.jpg

(I had to turn off 'realism', but it's at least as realistic as the crew squeezing through the engine in the middle of the stack...)

Edited by eddiew

• 3 weeks later...

Lol.   "Is it Soup yet?"

There is a reason I called my Git Repository Papa Joe's Soup....  I'm working thru it folks.  I'll have a release soon.  along with CLS, PWB fuel Balancer, and the BDA suite of mods...

Sigh, a modder's work is NEVER done... :D 

18 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

See papa joes post two comments up

I did see it, almost a month ago...

17 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Indeed, please do the author the courtesy of reading at least the last page or two before asking what has already been answered.

I did do the courtesy of reading, the entire thread actually. His last post was almost a month ago and KSP 1.2 is officially released. I suppose a better wording of my post would have been "Is there any update on the update for 1.2?" However I was lazy and asking the question on many threads and didn't feel like typing out custom messages on each one. I apologize for my laziness.

4 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

Lol.   "Is it Soup yet?"

There is a reason I called my Git Repository Papa Joe's Soup....  I'm working thru it folks.  I'll have a release soon.  along with CLS, PWB fuel Balancer, and the BDA suite of mods...

Sigh, a modder's work is NEVER done... :D 

Thank you for your work @Papa_Joe. It's greatly appreciated by all of us :) Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing that lovely checkbox on SM in CKAN again :) 

1 hour ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

I rly hope a 1.2 version comes out because this looks good.

Given that just a few posts above yours, the mod's creator wrote:

On 10/17/2016 at 11:22 PM, Papa_Joe said:

I'll have a release soon.

And he's always been on top of things, I think it is a safe assumption barring another Carrington Event or asteroid impact, we'll see one soon (tm)

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:48 AM, Thachyo said:

the respawn button does nothing. you press it, and they stay dead.

What OS? Are you running 64bit KSP? What version of KSP are you running? What other mods are you running? What version of the mod are you running? How did you install it? Where did you post your logs (full logs)?

You need to post all these things before anyone can help you in a meaningful way.

Edited by Murdabenne

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2016 at 11:19 PM, Torgo said:

Given that just a few posts above yours, the mod's creator wrote:

And he's always been on top of things, I think it is a safe assumption barring another Carrington Event or asteroid impact, we'll see one soon (tm)

I know this but I was saying it was a good mod to try till it became incompatible.

Edit:I think it might break a rule so I changed it.

Edited by Program Kerbal Space

New release:

Version 5.1.3.0 - Release 14 Nov 2016 - KSP 1.2.1 Compatibility Edition
- New:  Refactored mod for KSP 1.2.x Compatibility
- New:  Added support for new events in Crew Transfer, allowing improved performance and customization of Full Part messages during Stock Crew Transfers.
- New:  Corrected supported versions in the Developer Notes and Installation Notes. (Git Issue #30)
- New:  Added support for switching "Allowing Unrestricted Crew Transfers" in CLS so that SM and CLS do not compete for control over Stock Transfers.  
- New:  Added a setting in the Settings window to enable/disable overriding CLS CrewTransfer setting.
- Removed:  Mods Tab in Control Window.  Installed mods is now availabe from the KSP Debug window (Alt F12)
- Fixed: SM windows were not always closing on scene changes.
- Fixed: Resource Dumps from the Manifest window would cause any previously clicked dump to initiate  when another was clicked.

Science is not well tested.  Let me know if there are issues.  CLS and PWB Fuel Balancer follow soon.

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

New release:

Version 5.1.3.0 - Release 14 Nov 2016 - KSP 1.2.1 Compatibility Edition
- New:  Refactored mod for KSP 1.2.x Compatibility
- New:  Added support for new events in Crew Transfer, allowing improved performance and customization of Full Part messages during Stock Crew Transfers.
- New:  Corrected supported versions in the Developer Notes and Installation Notes. (Git Issue #30)
- New:  Added support for switching "Allowing Unrestricted Crew Transfers" in CLS so that SM and CLS do not compete for control over Stock Transfers.  
- New:  Added a setting in the Settings window to enable/disable overriding CLS CrewTransfer setting.
- Removed:  Mods Tab in Control Window.  Installed mods is now availabe from the KSP Debug window (Alt F12)
- Fixed: SM windows were not always closing on scene changes.
- Fixed: Resource Dumps from the Manifest window would cause any previously clicked dump to initiate  when another was clicked.

Science is not well tested.  Let me know if there are issues.  CLS and PWB Fuel Balancer follow soon.

Then is it really even science?

Good to see you back.:)

Having a problem with the respawn not working using the 1.2.1 release that came out today. When pushing the respawn nothing happens, but do get an error in the debug window:

"[ShipManifest] - Error:   in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
[ShipManifest] - Error:   in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pixvi3x926tf05t/output_log.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, JeffreyCor said:

Having a problem with the respawn not working using the 1.2.1 release that came out today. When pushing the respawn nothing happens, but do get an error in the debug window:

"[ShipManifest] - Error:   in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
[ShipManifest] - Error:   in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pixvi3x926tf05t/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks for the feedback and the log... I will take a look and get it corrected.

2 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Then is it really even science?

Good to see you back.:)

Thanks!  Good to see you back as well!

Seems like that the mod listing is failing and breaks Ship Manifest. Upon loading a clean installation (Squad + SM) and selecting the "Mods" option, then the log is spammed with the following NullRef error:

[EXC 11:05:08.154] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
	ShipManifest.Windows.WindowSettings.DisplaySelectedTab (Vector2 displayViewerPosition)
	ShipManifest.Windows.WindowSettings.Display (Int32 windowId)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 11:05:08.156] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)
  • KSP Version: 1.2.1.1604
  • Ship Manifest Version: 5.1.3

Output log

Edited by Phineas Freak
Remove log file link