[suggestion] How about some kids toys?

jalapen0

For something like this, I wonder about the effectiveness of lego to actually have the flimsy fun of rockets. I am thinking back to some older toys when I was a kid where there were magnetics combined with snapping together. I like this idea because it would make for smoother construction. Depending on scale, they could make for quite detailed rockets and more parts if done a bit smaller. The advantage of magnetics allows for better decouplers, docking ports, etc. The disadvantage of course is that it involves metals and would be more expensive. other alternative might be some sort of snap together system.

Lego's okay, but where's my plushy rocket parts with velcro attachment? :)

Yep, genius. And not just any boring every day genius, you are clearly god like genius.

Now if only we could find a way to have them randomly fly apart if they hit something too hard, and make it safe...

I've emailed the Playskool folks with my idea for "My first rocket nacelle with oxidizer injection system", but got no response other than a baffling demand to stop sending them things.

Why would they ever reply like that? Every toddler should know in detail how rockets work!

If KSP was made into legos, it would probably need to be extremely modular, with individual rocket parts like the big orange tanks or the gray tanks interchangeable, and probably being able to attach almost anywhere.

Why would they ever reply like that? Every toddler should know in detail how rockets work!

If KSP was made into legos, it would probably need to be extremely modular, with individual rocket parts like the big orange tanks or the gray tanks interchangeable, and probably being able to attach almost anywhere.

Docking would be fun

With a small vial of nitroglycerin inside for verisimilitude. :D

Can't do part clipping with Lego. :(

More seriously,

Thank you for telling me. I checked and there are already KSP projects up for a vote. Here is the one with the most votes, please support. They need 10000 votes. http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/49675

It would be nice if they stopped refusing to spell Jeb's name correctly. A typo is one thing, but continuously failing to observe spelling, let alone of someone's name, real or fictional, is what causes ignorance and incompetence in a downward spiral where one has to fear any educational attempt will be taken offense at and be subsequently silenced …

Edited by Andersenman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.