[0.23] Modulefixer

arsenic87

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Download link dead, can you reupload it? Admins broke links to spaceport/curse.

And I'm not in the mood to figure out what it needs to compile the DLL. Might just smack Squad to fix this already instead if it's still persistent.

Download link dead, can you reupload it? Admins broke links to spaceport/curse.

And I'm not in the mood to figure out what it needs to compile the DLL. Might just smack Squad to fix this already instead if it's still persistent.

Got to page 2 post #18, someone uploaded to a Drop Box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm running into this bug now too, with my fairings mod. The parts don't have any resources, but rather, I'm trying to consolidate the fairing bases and allow the player to choose which length of fairing to use by choosing which upper node to attach things to.

The thing is, these upper nodes are decoupler nodes, and I don't want to use an omnidirectional "MODULE" for the decoupler, so that the base and payload can be controlled separately.

So I'm hitting zoom-in bug with a config like this:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 50
explosiveNodeID = top01
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 50
explosiveNodeID = top02
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 50
explosiveNodeID = top03
}

THe suggested .dll doesn't do anything for having too many decoupler modules. Any ideas?

Yeah, sounds like we need one that operates in reverse, adds an untweakable/invisible 0/0 ElectricCharge PartResource to such parts.

Unfortunately, just adding that manually to my .cfg files doesn't seem to fix it, so we'd probably need a different approach. But when you said that, for a moment I had an "ahah!" moment and thought we were on to something. My test made me sad. :)

Edited by NecroBones

• 1 month later...

Guys. Please do not apply this to any USI mods. You're just masking what is an install issue, and making my job a hell of a lot harder. It will not make your stuff work.

Personally, I am not a fan of this mod as it inflicts work on modders who are trying to provide support, and it masks issues. As a modder, it's better to just fix the problem :P

heard you !

I might have the time to reinstall everything one by one tonight (missed a flight so stuck in Airport )

And then see if another mod is breaking my install. Re-installing SrvPack alone was not sufficient to fix the issue for me.

RoverDude, I assumed that reinstalling meant the specific mod only... It's just unclear for me how can we corrupt an installation ? Either you're just reffering to me being unattentive and throwing files in the wrong place, or to some gamedata interaction that is breaking stuff. So, files in gamedata are writen by the game, or some mods are writing in them? Or it's just a loading process issues where ksp is able to corrupt files just by reading them under specific buggy conditions ?

Depends - stuff in the wrong place, old stuff in the right place, people using mods that 'work' but are not set up for the current KSP version, people ignoring warnings, people 'fixing' things, etc.

You are getting this because a part module is not loading. A part module is not loading because something is wrong with your installation (see points above). When people use this 'mod' it causes me headaches because it makes it harder for me to uncover the truth.

This 'mod' is a bad idea.

heard you !

I might have the time to reinstall everything one by one tonight (missed a flight so stuck in Airport )

And then see if another mod is breaking my install. Re-installing SrvPack alone was not sufficient to fix the issue for me.

RoverDude, I assumed that reinstalling meant the specific mod only... It's just unclear for me how can we corrupt an installation ? Either you're just reffering to me being unattentive and throwing files in the wrong place, or to some gamedata interaction that is breaking stuff. So, files in gamedata are writen by the game, or some mods are writing in them? Or it's just a loading process issues where ksp is able to corrupt files just by reading them under specific buggy conditions ?

I know its time consuming. But sometimes best way to diagnose the issue is to start with a clean install then reload your mods one by one (start with the one you had the issue with) booting the game with each install and note which mod causing the conflict when added.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.