[0.23] Modulefixer

arsenic87

This plugin fixes the problem displayed in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzk6XcNO9ow

This fixes the problems of “exploding/expanding†parts in the VAB while hovering over some parts in some mods.

Put DLL file in your KSP Gamedata folder.

This plugin checks all your loaded parts, and adds a extra “dummy description module†to all parts satisfying the following: Having three or more resources with no attached descriptive modules.

This only adds descriptions, and doesn’t add any “usefull†modules that use system resources.

This fixes errors when hovering over theese parts in the VAB.

Download availible on Spaceport:

HERE

Source - Licence

Erm... It didn't work for me. :(

It's only the .dll in the download, right? So I put it in the KSP 'Plugins' folder instead of in 'GameData', it should still work, I have a few other standalone .dlls in there and they all work fine.

However, the only part I had that was 'blowing up' was a SpaceTech 'smart decoupler' part. It still does the visual expansion thing when I mouse over it, but it's selectable and usable now, so I guess that's something. :) I thought this fix would take care of the visual aspect too though. If it's supposed to, is it that I've put the file in the wrong place?

I don't know I put mine in GameData folder. Check the HitchHiker Service pod in utilities and see if that works. That is a stock part that always blow up on screen.

It's only the .dll in the download, right? So I put it in the KSP 'Plugins' folder instead of in 'GameData', it should still work, I have a few other standalone .dlls in there and they all work fine.

However, the only part I had that was 'blowing up' was a SpaceTech 'smart decoupler' part. It still does the visual expansion thing when I mouse over it, but it's selectable and usable now, so I guess that's something. :) I thought this fix would take care of the visual aspect too though. If it's supposed to, is it that I've put the file in the wrong place?

If it's supposed to, is it that I've put the file in the wrong place?

Most probably, yes. As therealcrow999 and Talisar, I put it in GameData and it works.

I know there is some order of precedence at loading time based on the alphabetic name of each file and folder in GameData, if you put it under 'GameData/Plugins' this should load after any mod with a folder name coming before 'Plugins', and therefore can't apply corrections to those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Indeed, though I will say that the modding community has really pulled together to fix their configurations to go around this issue. I have very rarely seen the "modulefixer" entry in the part details. Still, this is a necessary part of the KSP experience.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.