[0.23] Alternis Kerbol - Release thread - [v0.1, Jan. 3] (development halted)

NovaSilisko

Laythe kind of looks like Kerbin now.

Well, that's the point of the changes. They're two moons with thick atmospheres orbiting the same gas giant - life has been transferring back and forth between them for billions of years via impacts, so they've kind of ended up sustaining similar environments. Laythe is warmer, however, due to higher greenhouse gas concentration from its volcanoes.

I have a problem when I zoom out of the local system that it appears to be inside the Sun. I have tried to upload a picture but I am a noob and cant.

I have tried to replace the files, thinking they might be corrupted and have had no luck. I have no other visual mods, ie clouds and lights or any other mod that adjusts the space/solar system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent a better part of the day trying to trouble shoot.

I have a problem when I zoom out of the local system that it appears to be inside the Sun. I have tried to upload a picture but I am a noob and cant.

I have tried to replace the files, thinking they might be corrupted and have had no luck. I have no other visual mods, ie clouds and lights or any other mod that adjusts the space/solar system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent a better part of the day trying to trouble shoot.

F1 to take a screenshot and then upload it to http://imgur.com/ :D

Cheers mate, learn something everyday...lol

Here is the image:

I have just downloaded the visual enhacement and the Alternis cloud pack, to see if that will fix it..

http://imgur.com/GoOl2Fv

EDIT

No luck with the additional addons

here is a better screen shot hopefully to explain

http://imgur.com/Mbc21hY

Edited by Newbinator

you've got the AlternisKerbol directory nested one too deep in the Gamedata folder. it should just be GameData/AlternisKerbol/AlternisKerbol.dll not GameData/AlternisKerbol-v0/AlternisKerbol/AlternisKerbol.dll, that will result in the 'inside the sun' feature.

BTW:

excellent mod nova, just landed on minmus and am currently enjoying the view.

you've got the AlternisKerbol directory nested one too deep in the Gamedata folder. it should just be GameData/AlternisKerbol/AlternisKerbol.dll not GameData/AlternisKerbol-v0/AlternisKerbol/AlternisKerbol.dll, that will result in the 'inside the sun' feature.

BTW:

excellent mod nova, just landed on minmus and am currently enjoying the view.

Its in the right directory, Gamedata/AlternisKerbol/AlternisKerbol.dll......you made me look tho. Thanks for looking at the problem

EDIT

Still no luck...same issue is occuring

Edited by Newbinator

Well, that's the point of the changes. They're two moons with thick atmospheres orbiting the same gas giant - life has been transferring back and forth between them for billions of years via impacts, so they've kind of ended up sustaining similar environments. Laythe is warmer, however, due to higher greenhouse gas concentration from its volcanoes.

Will we have actual volcanoes? (i.e. smoking ones)?

Will we have actual volcanoes? (i.e. smoking ones)?

I hope so... in an ideal world it'd be as simple as making a big particle system but this is not an ideal world.

Its in the right directory, Gamedata/AlternisKerbol/AlternisKerbol.dll......you made me look tho. Thanks for looking at the problem

EDIT

Still no luck...same issue is occuring

Are all the textures in their proper places? They should all be in KSP/GameData/AlternisKerbol/Textures/

Edited by NovaSilisko

regarding the launch in orbit bug, I might have found a way to at least see if it is occuring or not.

in the view over KSC, if you turn to west, there needs to be jool, bright an blue.

if it's not there, you'll launch from space instead of the launchpad.

I've (HOPEFULLY) fixed that, for the next version. Which should be ready tomorrow, just want to give it a once-over and make sure there's nothing glaringly obvious broken.

Are all the textures in their proper places? They should all be in KSP/GameData/AlternisKerbol/Textures/

I fixed it. Somehow a mod was affecting it. So the easiest (although I had done this multiple times) was to uninstall everything install Alternis and then one by one install the mods I wanted. Run KSP and tested. Rinse and repeat. Painful

All the files were in their original position initially, so I am Bamboozled why this occurred in the first place.

I wish upon the stars that a 64bit KSP will be released, whenever...

Thanks everyone for their help...BTW it looks awesome...good work

Nova I must admit, ever since the early days of KSP you've been one of the biggest proponents of making the Kerbol system look entirely unlike our own solar system, and to great effect. You've had victory after victory including pretty much defining the solar system as it is today in the game... Now you're rebuilding the whole thing and making it even more creative and varied and interesting. I'm impressed. Very, very impressed! Perhaps someday soon I'll feel bold enough to start a new save and try this cool new system out for myself. Can't wait!

I fixed it. Somehow a mod was affecting it. So the easiest (although I had done this multiple times) was to uninstall everything install Alternis and then one by one install the mods I wanted. Run KSP and tested. Rinse and repeat. Painful

All the files were in their original position initially, so I am Bamboozled why this occurred in the first place.

I wish upon the stars that a 64bit KSP will be released, whenever...

Thanks everyone for their help...BTW it looks awesome...good work

Which mod? I can add a warning to the first post about it.

A thing:

Currently when you try to pick planets as targets from the map view, the game prioritizes the stock KSP planets. So instead of targeting Tylo from the map view, I'm winding up targeting Duna instead. Also, the order of planets when you cycle through them with 'Tab' doesn't track to the current layout of the Kerbol system. I don't know if that stuff is easily changeable, but if it is it'd be great to see.

just a weird question (maybe it's a but)

till now, I have just flown missions inside the jool-system, and once I went outside, accidentically (moon-encounter at high warp).

but when I decided to set up a station in orbit (assembly of a larger spaceship) I lifted up 2 parts, and then I stopped ksp and shut down the computer. when I resumed that savegame, the launch in space bug once occurred, and then, after reverting that launch and looking at the map, I saw: the 2 spaceships (station and spent stage with probe core) were on the jool-orbit (around sun), approximately 15° behind jool.

I started a new rocket, and brought the new payload into orbit, and after a restart of ksp, this new payload ended up where the other 2 parts where (quite close).

Is this behavior (things don't stay in kerbin-orbits) connected with the launch in space?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.