[0.23] Alternis Kerbol - Release thread - [v0.1, Jan. 3] (development halted)

NovaSilisko

That bug has hopefully been fixed. Prepping next release now, probably overlooking some massive flaw but that's what hotfixes are for!

Edit: BAM! Should be ready.

You guys can all blame any such flaws on me. I contacted Nova with about 15 minutes notice today asking him for the new version because I wanted to stream it in the Squadcast timeslot, so I pretty much nuked his whole testing period. ;)

#BlameYarg

Is the separate lighting download coming next release?

Yes, that will be a separate mod. First I want to fix any outstanding bugs in the existing mod though.

Edit: Figured out why the hyperwarp option doesn't work. Not a terrifically crucial fix though so that'll wait til later.

Edited by NovaSilisko

Well I just got done with about 6 missions in the new version. I did not experiance a single bug (amazing game session actually, considering I have quite a few mods going). Bravo sir! I was starting to get a little bored with ksp, but your mod re-ignighted my fire for this game. Well done.

I fully admit this was a new career save, so no mission went beyond the bop (I used the "bop as moonlet" option). I plan to hit it again tomorrow, but things are looking very promising. My congratulations sir.

That bug has hopefully been fixed. Prepping next release now, probably overlooking some massive flaw but that's what hotfixes are for!

Edit: BAM! Should be ready.

Hooray! I went ahead and did an n-body simulation of the updated system, but so far only the case where Bop is still a moon of Jool. This time around, Mun gets ejected very quickly, by about 1.5 Ms (illustrated here: http://youtu.be/aGvYWqj7dfk ) Pol gets ejected later, around 560 Ms (animation to come). But after that, I ran the simulation out to 3 Gs and saw no other changes.

Just a bug report. Nothing game breaking, but Jool seems to fly away when in KSC scenery

Apart from that no sats from Kerbin orbit went missing when launching the game.

Yeah, I know about that. Its just the space center being dumb, dunno if I can do anything about it sadly.

THIS IS AMAZING!!! I love this mod! It's very neat to see A blue Jool from Kerbin, also the "Comets" are neat, though haven't been to either one yet, but achieving a landing will be some interesting planning!

Sounds like the below sea level bug; everything goes dark (apart from lights on the ship) when the camera's below 0m altitude.

That's what I thought. However, it also happened higher up - I landed on the hills and the screen still went black when I moved the camera to ground level. I rolled downhill for a couple kilometres from my landing site before reaching the great plains. I'm absolutely certain my altitude was positive when I landed.

So, is Kerbin now tidally locked to Jool? Well, I guess I'll have to live with the permanent sight of the Joolrise above the mountains. However, it would be good to have an option to set the rotation speed back to stock.

Anyways, I'll be damned if I know how, but this mod effectively doubled my framerate.

Anyways, I'll be damned if I know how, but this mod effectively doubled my framerate.

Strangely enough, it did that for me also. I suppose it has something to do with the re-working of the lighting engine (I'd still like just that for vanilla KSP, by the way) but I'll be damned if I know the exact details.

Strangely enough, it did that for me also. I suppose it has something to do with the re-working of the lighting engine (I'd still like just that for vanilla KSP, by the way) but I'll be damned if I know the exact details.

Yeah Nova has said that it'll be included as a separate part bundled with the main mod in the next release (I think). I don't know how he did it, but it's genius. He improved the game graphically while reducing the framerate all in one fell swoop. pretty impressive.

I'm curious to see how long Bop would last with it (optionally) being a moonlet of Kerbin now. I'd guess not more than a day or two.

It turns out to be very stable! (at least through 100 years) You put it into a low enough orbit around Kerbin that I think it would take another body passing by pretty closely to do much to it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.