[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

Hello,

Thank you for the update! After a bit of testing I have discovered a problem that prevents the game from loading with Real Fuels & Advanced Jet Engines: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70008-0-25-Advanced-Jet-Engine-%28AJE%29-v1-6-preview. Testing was conducted with a fresh install of KSP, Real Fuels and AJE.

Jim Meillente

Hello,

Thank you for the update! After a bit of testing I have discovered a problem that prevents the game from loading with Real Fuels & Advanced Jet Engines: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70008-0-25-Advanced-Jet-Engine-%28AJE%29-v1-6-preview. Testing was conducted with a fresh install of KSP, Real Fuels and AJE.

Jim Meillente

Yes, this is caused by AJE still using fuel types from the previous version of RealFuels. If you want to fix it yourself, do a search for instances of LiquidOxygen within AJE configs, and change to LqdOxygen.

A thousand thanks for the update! I'd like to make sure the Stockalike engine configs are good to go; might you know where I can find which fuel types were changed by the .25 patch? I'll post any updated configs I make pending approval from original authors. Cheers!

tedach: raptor is aware and will be putting out a release as soon as possible. :)

If you want to do it yourself, the main changes are N2O4->NTO, Aerozine->Aerozine50, what RedAV8R said, and LiquidH2->LqdHydrogen. Not sure what else Stockalike RF uses that would be affected.

A thousand thanks for the update! I'd like to make sure the Stockalike engine configs are good to go; might you know where I can find which fuel types were changed by the .25 patch? I'll post any updated configs I make pending approval from original authors. Cheers!

LiquidOxygen -> LqdOxygen

LiquidH2 -> LqdHydrogen

N2O4 -> NTO

Aerozine -> Aerozine50

NitricAcid -> IRFNA-III

Amines -> Aniline

Alcohol -> Ethanol75

nuclearWaste -> DepU235Rods

nuclearFuel -> U235Rods

As NathanKell points out, I did this for consistency and also to split out the fuels a bit for more "historical accuracy".

He has posted a log in the modded support forum which shows that he is using the old stockalike engine config with RF8. He will need the updated config from the thread listed in the second post once Raptor831 has actually updated it (or tedach does, see a few posts back in this thread).

He has posted a log in the modded support forum which shows that he is using the old stockalike engine config with RF8. He will need the updated config from the thread listed in the second post once Raptor831 has actually updated it (or tedach does, see a few posts back in this thread).

I have a stopgap config I might post which blanket patches anything that still has the old resources. I'm still testing it and if it works ok and if there's interest, I'll post it here. It's a brute force config with all the subtlety and finesse of Velveeta & Alpo, but it should work. (uses :FINAL so it would only go into play for configs that haven't been properly updated)

I'll drop the Stockalike config as soon as I get off work (hour and a half, at most). No promises that it's fully functional, haven't been able to playtest yet.

-edit

Here's a quick updated RF Stockalike config. I have not tested anything; all I did was find/replace new fueltypes so be gentle if things go crazy.

**Don't bug the original authors for support if my configs suck!**

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uoraoyv5u6zpzg/RF_Stockalike.rar?dl=0

**Don't bug the original authors for support if my configs suck!**

Edited by tedach
Dropbox link

What, still no chlorine trifluoride?

*sigh* I guess it's for the best until we can have FX in the VAB (fire, explosions, Kerbals fleeing for their lives...)

"It is, of course, extremely toxic, but that's the least of the problem. It is hypergolic with every known fuel, and so rapidly hypergolic that no ignition delay has ever been measured. It is also hypergolic with such things as cloth, wood, and test engineers, not to mention asbestos, sand, and water  with which it reacts explosively. It can be kept in some of the ordinary structural metals  steel, copper, aluminum, etc.  because of the formation of a thin film of insoluble metal fluoride which protects the bulk of the metal, just as the invisible coat of oxide on aluminum keeps it from burning up in the atmosphere. If, however, this coat is melted or scrubbed off, and has no chance to reform, the operator is confronted with the problem of coping with a metal-fluorine fire. For dealing with this situation, I have always recommended a good pair of running shoes."

Yeah, we don't want that, thanks.:D

What, still no chlorine trifluoride?

*sigh* I guess it's for the best until we can have FX in the VAB (fire, explosions, Kerbals fleeing for their lives...)

Sorry, what? Was this meant for the Real Fuels thread? ClF3 has, in fact, been added as a resource for fuels. Please check the latest version of Real Fuels.

I have tried the stock-alike config, and it seems to work fine except for hybrid engines. When loading the SABRE-M it game me a nullreference exception, stating that liquidH2 was not a resource. I tried to edit the B9 config file in Realfuels, but it has the resource listed as lqdHydrogen like it should. So then I removed B9, and the same error pops up for the Rapier engine (but with O2 this time) from the stock game. I don't know which config file it is, but one of them is trying to put the old LiquidH2 resource on those engines.

x1gO0qF

In fact it comes with engine patches, which were not updated with the new fuel names and will cause loading to stop at 99% in conjunction with patched mods.

Namely: BobCat_RealEngines_kerofix.cfg, KSPI_MFS.cfg

LiquidOxygen not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ModuleEngines.SetupPropellant () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Some tank patches still use LiquidOxygen, it would be a good idea to recheck all the configs.