[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

Great! Thanks so much for that stuff. I'll take a peek and get it in RF.

In other news, per above kicking this out the door so I can work (well, work with taniwha) on getting RF ready for .90.

Changelog:

v8.2

*Update heat pumps (thanks Starwaster)

*Fix added parts to be MM clones

*taniwha: lots of refactoring

*regex: add lots of missing tanks (FASA, HGR, NP2, RLA, SXT)

*dreadicon: improved KSPI config

*camlost: RetroFuture tank configs

*TriggerAu: include icons for ARP in RealFuels rather than in ARP

*taniwha: correct tank cost calcs

*Raptor831: Add missing NP2, HGR tanks; Add Taurus pod/SM tanks

*lilienthal: fix Thermal Fin description

*Starman-4308: Add configs for Modular Rocket System

*Add support for the 0.625m tanks in Ven's Stock Part Revamp

*Show tank/fuel cost in GUI

*Lower Solid Fuel and ElectricCharge costs (oops)

*Fix so science sandbox is still detected as "has R&D tree"

*Add setting for unit label

*A Modular Engine will switch to the first available config if its current config is not available (due to requiring a tech tree node you don't have researched).

*Starman4308: SpaceY tank configs

*Starwaster: configs for TT's Mk2 nosecone and Nertea's MkIV system.

Crap and I just thought of some other heat pump code hacking that I wanted to do today. :P

(it occurs to me that it would be nice to have the heat pump handle built-in animations so that zzz's deployable radiator doesn't have to have animation and heat pump activation in two modules and two action group items)

(oh well.... 8.3 then)

(edit: actually, don't mean to imply that the zzz radiator uses the animation module because it uses the solar panel module to handle its animation so it can track to point away from the sun)

Edited by Starwaster

Shoot- I have terrible timing!

Launchpad tests of the Thermal Strake reveal it doesn't do anything yet (not even consume ElectricCharge). But then again, neither does the existing Thermal Fin at the moment, from what I've heard- and it uses exactly the same heat exchange module as the earlier Thermal Fin.

HOWEVER, I did need to correct a few odds+end in order to make sure the heat pump code was entered correctly. I also updated the part description and name since I first posted the link. So, the part.cfg is now a bit different than when I posted it less than an hour ago. Here's the updated file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7v29geiqf8x1d1m/AADewSgV7v0Zo7PLVq1H0SAJa?dl=0

Please use this version, rather than the earlier version. At the very least, even if I didn't manage to get the heat pump working correctly (I ensured the code is that same as the existing Thermal Fin though- so it doesn't work for exactly the same reasons), I at least managed to update the description and part name, so players know it's a thermal fin and not just an aerodynamic protuberance.

Regards,

Northstar

Crap and I just thought of some other heat pump code hacking that I wanted to do today. :P

Do you think you might be able to figure out how to get the heat pump parts working again? (including the Thermal Strake I just submitted) Currently, none of them do anything (not even the original Thermal Fin part)- they don't even consume electricity...

EDIT: It also just occurred to me that the original Thermal Fin part needs stock aerodynamic coding (the Thermal Strake already has it) if it's going to be kept in the mod. I'm just so used to playing with FAR that I didn't think of it (FAR imposes its own aerodynamic code on ALL parts- even ones without normal physics significance- through the body lift code if nothing else if it doesn't have proper FAR wing code already included...)

It's shaped like a square wing part, so it SHOULD interact with the atmosphere like one (meaning it experiences different amounts of drag depending on orientation, for instance). I suggest comparing it to the existing wing-board parts to get an idea of what the correct lift rating should be.

Maybe you could add stock aerodynamic code in while you're looking into getting the heat pump parts working properly, and doing that thing you mentioned regarding animations?

Regards,

Northstar

Edited by Northstar1989

Great! Thanks so much for that stuff. I'll take a peek and get it in RF.

In other news, per above kicking this out the door so I can work (well, work with taniwha) on getting RF ready for .90.

Changelog:

v8.2

<skipped>

Any chance to get engine group controller in? I think a lot of people would find it useful - especially in light of recent D4H/Orion flight :)

So, would I be correct in assuming that pretty much any RF resource with fluorine in it is not something one would ever attempt to produce outside of a well-secured chemical plant safely on Earth's/Kerbin's surface (and well away from eg. Jeb)? And are there others that should be part of that classification? I've already hit upon Tonka being a fraught proposition. The boranes are also looking quite... tricky, given fluorine's role in their production.

As well, apart from helium, are there other benign fuels that are rare or difficult to produce and so would not make sense in an ISRU mod?

(Yeah, I can't control myself it seems... So I'm working more on my wacky plans for an ISRU mod that makes sense for more realistic games, such as those involving RF, TACLS, DangIt!, etc...)

Edited by Autochton

Northstar: what I did was a super quick cut and paste of NathanKells code into the NovaTech part file. From my experience using that part in the 6.4x RSS config the strength seems like it was set to a good level to avoid requiring part spam. I probably should have increased the weight to compensate for it. Also I suggest moving the part from the aero tab to Ulitity tab or the science part tab like the part that comes with Reakfuels

So, would I be correct in assuming that pretty much any RF resource with fluorine in it is not something one would ever attempt to produce outside of a well-secured chemical plant safely on Earth's surface (and well away from eg. Jeb)? And are there others that should be part of that classification? I've already hit upon Tonka being a fraught proposition.

As well, apart from helium, are there other benign fuels that are rare or difficult to produce and so would not make sense in an ISRU mod?

(Yeah, I can't control myself it seems... So I'm working more on my wacky plans for an ISRU mod that makes sense for more realistic games, such as those involving RF, TACLS, DangIt!, etc...)

The very fact that a fuel is rare would in it self be a reason why it would not be realistic for an ISRU to make it. Realistically, an ISRU would be designed specifically to make just one type of fuel. It would be designed to make this type of fuel as efficiently as possible.

Chemical reactions happen under very specific conditions. Each fuel would probably take several different, very specific chemical reactions to go from reactant to product. Each individual chemical reaction would probably require a specially designed machine. It is much simpler to use a standard set of common fuels in all of your engines.

If I were designing a realistic ISRU for realfuels. I would have one part only produce one fuel. A water splitter could easily make hydrogen and oxygen via electrolysis, but your gonna need more equipment if you want methane.

Edit: I've been thinking about it, and I would suggest starting with water. All it takes to turn water into hydrogen and oxygen is an electrical current, and water is very common in the Solar system.

Edited by Rabada

If I were designing a realistic ISRU for realfuels. I would have one part only produce one fuel. A water splitter could easily make hydrogen and oxygen via electrolysis, but your gonna need more equipment if you want methane.

Edit: I've been thinking about it, and I would suggest starting with water. All it takes to turn water into hydrogen and oxygen is an electrical current, and water is very common in the Solar system.

Way ahead o' ya. ;) I'm currently working with ideas like being able to build a plant that intakes frozen hydrocarbon slurry and light-metal ore from Eeloo and outputs liquid hydrogen, solid fuel and kerosene, with a bunch of useful byproducts. I'm going with a setup where I have a few configurable (typically at construction) parts that go together to create a refinery system with raw materials in one end, fuels (and other stuff) out the other. And yes, separating water into oxygen and hydrogen and then cryogenically liquefying both was among the first things I put in my design doc, and will likely be the first thing I implement. LH/LOX will likely be the ISRU fuel of choice for the starting explorer. But if you want to refuel your UDMH/MON-15 driven vehicle off-world, I don't see why I'd want to stop that. But I don't really see being able to accomodate a Pentaborane/N2F4 powered one! :P

Way ahead o' ya. ;) I'm currently working with ideas like being able to build a plant that intakes frozen hydrocarbon slurry and light-metal ore from Eeloo and outputs liquid hydrogen, solid fuel and kerosene, with a bunch of useful byproducts. I'm going with a setup where I have a few configurable (typically at construction) parts that go together to create a refinery system with raw materials in one end, fuels (and other stuff) out the other. And yes, separating water into oxygen and hydrogen and then cryogenically liquefying both was among the first things I put in my design doc, and will likely be the first thing I implement. LH/LOX will likely be the ISRU fuel of choice for the starting explorer. But if you want to refuel your UDMH/MON-15 driven vehicle off-world, I don't see why I'd want to stop that. But I don't really see being able to accomodate a Pentaborane/N2F4 powered one! :P

For KSP purposes, my ideal would be one large "chemical processing" module that could be configured in the VAB with multiple converter modules if you need to do a multi-step process (e.g. water ice to hydrogen, then hydrogen+CO2 to methane) or separate pipelines for different resources you're using. Calculate a plausible conversion rate, and reliability/maintenance requirements if you're simulating those, based on how much smaller you've made the equipment than typical production scale.

Ah, I understand, I believe that we are in agreement. I would love to help you with this project. My modding skills are pretty lack-luster. However I do have a very strong chemistry background. I have a job interview in a couple hours. After that, I'll crack open my old organic chemistry textbook and start working on a spreadsheet for you. I could start with a list of each fuel type in RealFuels, and then work backwards to try to come up with as simple of a list of necessary precursor resources that would need to be mined.

I need to do some more research, but off the top of my head I bet that the list of precoursers will simplify down to only a handful of elements, with Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Nitrogen composing the vast majority of the fuels, a couple with a couple fuels that would require a source of fluorine.

The only fuels I can think of off the top of my head that I think would be un-realistic to be able to synthesize are Noble Gases like Xenon and Argon that are used by ion engines.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also think that some solid fuels might require some in-organic precursor elements, but I'm guessing solid fuels are beyond the scope of what you were thinking for this project.

Edited by Rabada

Northstar try grabbing the pump module config from the zzz radiator. I was using that just last night so I know it's working... Uh you know it has to be turned on right?

Turned on? What do you mean by that? I'm not aware of any on/off switches I saw anywhere for the heat pump module...

If you mean the ZZZ radiator (which still doesn't even normally show up in parts catalog in Career mode) has to be deployed- that's great, but the other heat pump parts aren't deployable. Nor can they be turned on/off by right-clicking in my save...

The heat pump module code is *exactly* the same for the original Thermal Fin, the Thermal Strake, and the ZZZ radiator (except for the transfer rate, which is higher for the Strake due to its higher mass/ surface area). So I can confirm that's not the reason none are working for me yet...

Regards,

Northstar

Edited by Northstar1989

Turned on? What do you mean by that? I'm not aware of any on/off switches I saw anywhere for the heat pump module...

If you mean the ZZZ radiator (which still doesn't even normally show up in parts catalog in Career mode) has to be deployed- that's great, but the other heat pump parts aren't deployable. Nor can they be turned on/off by right-clicking in my save...

The heat pump module code is *exactly* the same for the original Thermal Fin, the Thermal Strake, and the ZZZ radiator (except for the transfer rate, which is higher for the Strake due to its higher mass/ surface area). So I can confirm that's not the reason none are working for me yet...

Regards,

Northstar

Now that you're updated, look again.

It's always been there, but until now only the action group items were dependable. But it's always had on/off controls, with the default being off.

I see no other reason why it would not be working for you.

I don't just pull this stuff out of my buttocks you know.

Now that you're updated, look again.

It's always been there, but until now only the action group items were dependable. But it's always had on/off controls, with the default being off.

I see no other reason why it would not be working for you.

I don't just pull this stuff out of my buttocks you know.

You're right- there's now a toggle on the right-click menu for the original Thermal Fin part and the ZZZ radiator (there wasn't before- maybe it was bugged), and they now work great. However, for whatever reason, those parts still don't show up in Career Mode (only in Sandbox), and there is still nothing visible on the Thermal Strake- and it doesn't yet work at all.

The only difference I can possibly find between the Thermal Strake and the other heat pumps is the node/surface attachment rules (I assume the heat pump module needs to recognize the fuel tan the radiator is attached to- maybe there's something wrong about how the Thermal Strake attachment rules are set up???) Other than that, it's got the same heat pump module included (but not "animation" module), so I can't figure out why it can't be toggled on/off...

Regards,

Northstar

You're right- there's now a toggle on the right-click menu for the original Thermal Fin part and the ZZZ radiator (there wasn't before- maybe it was bugged), and they now work great. However, for whatever reason, those parts still don't show up in Career Mode (only in Sandbox), and there is still nothing visible on the Thermal Strake- and it doesn't yet work at all.

The only difference I can possibly find between the Thermal Strake and the other heat pumps is the node/surface attachment rules (I assume the heat pump module needs to recognize the fuel tan the radiator is attached to- maybe there's something wrong about how the Thermal Strake attachment rules are set up???) Other than that, it's got the same heat pump module included (but not "animation" module), so I can't figure out why it can't be toggled on/off...

Regards,

Northstar

Yes it was bugged, that was one of the things I fixed. The action group items have always worked though.

Is your strake on a pre-8.2 craft? The changes aren't retroactive. The UI would likely be turned off on the part's radiator config node in the save file.

Attachment doesn't matter with regards to the UI showing up or not. (and with regards to actual cooling I believe I made it optional whether it was even configured in the pump config node with it defaulting to the parent part as in the older code)

Edit: Have you gone to the R&D building in your career game and checked to see if the part needs unlocking?

Ah, I understand, I believe that we are in agreement. I would love to help you with this project. My modding skills are pretty lack-luster. However I do have a very strong chemistry background. I have a job interview in a couple hours. After that, I'll crack open my old organic chemistry textbook and start working on a spreadsheet for you. I could start with a list of each fuel type in RealFuels, and then work backwards to try to come up with as simple of a list of necessary precursor resources that would need to be mined.

As long as you keep in mind that I'm an inveterate pipe-dreamer with far more ideas than time to actually code things, that'd be dandy. I'm going for a certain level of abstraction wrt. the chemical precursors, but what would be really nice is an idea of the masses of raw material and intermediate precursor substances required for a given unit of propellant. That, then, would be the sort of number that goes in the config files. :)

I need to do some more research, but off the top of my head I bet that the list of precoursers will simplify down to only a handful of elements, with Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Nitrogen composing the vast majority of the fuels, a couple with a couple fuels that would require a source of fluorine.

Right now, I'm operating from an assumption of a few substances that get extracted from planetary environments or asteroids, by mining them, drilling into the surface to access subsurface liquids or gases, or by taking in atmosphere. I don't know how detailed I want to go - though honestly, having it 'tunable', so players can select a set of configs that give them nice, broad, abstract resources, or crunchy, detailed ones would be nice also.

The only fuels I can think of off the top of my head that I think would be un-realistic to be able to synthesize are Noble Gases like Xenon and Argon that are used by ion engines.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also think that some solid fuels might require some in-organic precursor elements, but I'm guessing solid fuels are beyond the scope of what you were thinking for this project.

Apart from helium, which does not appear to be readily accessible in useful amounts off-planet, I've actually thought in ways to handle things like inert-gas monoprops (Argon, molecular nitrogen, etc.), as well as solid fuels. As we speak, RF only deals in SolidFuel, but NathanKell mentioned that this was currently based on APCP, with other compounds spoken of. I came up with a processing series that could yield APCP (which is basically aluminium powder in a glue-like matrix containing ammonium perchlorate), though it may be simplistic. As for noble gases and such, a number of those are available from atmospheres around the solar system, notably argon is reasonably abundant, with a fair bit of xenon lying around too.

Edit: Oh, and good luck on the interview!

Edited by Autochton

Yes it was bugged, that was one of the things I fixed. The action group items have always worked though.

Oh. I didn't think to try Action Groups...

Is your strake on a pre-8.2 craft? The changes aren't retroactive. The UI would likely be turned off on the part's radiator config node in the save file.

It was on a newly-designed craft using the .DLL that was posted before (*not* the 8.2 release .DLL, but the 8.2 pre-release) in response to my bugs due to not having the .DLL at all, the other files that were posted on Github as of December 9th, and with the R&D entry for the part freshly-purchased (the Thermal Strake, unlike the Thermal Fin, has an entry cost to make it more balanced).

Attachment doesn't matter with regards to the UI showing up or not. (and with regards to actual cooling I believe I made it optional whether it was even configured in the pump config node with it defaulting to the parent part as in the older code)

Edit: Have you gone to the R&D building in your career game and checked to see if the part needs unlocking?

So then I have no idea what might be causing the Strake not to work, if it is neither of these things. I suggest going and downloading the Strake yourself (I posted a Dropbox link to it here a couple posts ago) and seeing if you can figure out how to get it working, or seeing if it works for you...

Regards,

Northstar

@Autochton and @Rabada I dunno if this helps you any, but I did a RF/Karbonite config a while ago. It's updated for the newest RF resources, and (given a made-up chemical composition of Karbonite and ignoring the feasibility of these reactions) has accurate chemistry going on. (Link is in my sig)

Also, you might consider using Regolith for your conversions and resource maps. Karbonite will be using it eventually, and it's looking like a really good framework for ISRU-type mods. Not sure how much original code you all want to write (which all the better if you do!), but no need to reinvent the wheel unless you want to.

So then I have no idea what might be causing the Strake not to work, if it is neither of these things. I suggest going and downloading the Strake yourself (I posted a Dropbox link to it here a couple posts ago) and seeing if you can figure out how to get it working, or seeing if it works for you...

Regards,

Northstar

Dropped it in and it is working just fine. I'd set the heatConductivity, heatDissipation and heatGain the way I set it up in the other radiators. It'll have better behavior. Especially it prevents the radiator from trying to transfer heat back into the tank.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

@Autochton and @Rabada I dunno if this helps you any, but I did a RF/Karbonite config a while ago. It's updated for the newest RF resources, and (given a made-up chemical composition of Karbonite and ignoring the feasibility of these reactions) has accurate chemistry going on. (Link is in my sig)

Also, you might consider using Regolith for your conversions and resource maps. Karbonite will be using it eventually, and it's looking like a really good framework for ISRU-type mods. Not sure how much original code you all want to write (which all the better if you do!), but no need to reinvent the wheel unless you want to.

Yes, I actually have been using your config for quite a while in one of my installs of KSP! You did a great job!

I agree with you concerning the Regolith mod! That mod looks just about perfect for this.

As long as you keep in mind that I'm an inveterate pipe-dreamer with far more ideas than time to actually code things, that'd be dandy. I'm going for a certain level of abstraction wrt. the chemical precursors, but what would be really nice is an idea of the masses of raw material and intermediate precursor substances required for a given unit of propellant. That, then, would be the sort of number that goes in the config files. :)

Right now, I'm operating from an assumption of a few substances that get extracted from planetary environments or asteroids, by mining them, drilling into the surface to access subsurface liquids or gases, or by taking in atmosphere. I don't know how detailed I want to go - though honestly, having it 'tunable', so players can select a set of configs that give them nice, broad, abstract resources, or crunchy, detailed ones would be nice also.

Apart from helium, which does not appear to be readily accessible in useful amounts off-planet, I've actually thought in ways to handle things like inert-gas monoprops (Argon, molecular nitrogen, etc.), as well as solid fuels. As we speak, RF only deals in SolidFuel, but NathanKell mentioned that this was currently based on APCP, with other compounds spoken of. I came up with a processing series that could yield APCP (which is basically aluminium powder in a glue-like matrix containing ammonium perchlorate), though it may be simplistic. As for noble gases and such, a number of those are available from atmospheres around the solar system, notably argon is reasonably abundant, with a fair bit of xenon lying around too.

At first I thought that trying to create an ISRU expansion for Nathan's RealFuels mod was far beyond my modding skills. However it now appears that Roverdude is working on a framework with his Regolith mod that be perfect for this. I have to admit, that I am starting to get really excited about this idea. I think that the best way to procede from here is for me to make the spreadsheet I mentioned earlier. After I get all the data and ideas I have entered into the spreadsheet, I will host it and start a thread in the mod development forum to discuss and develop this idea.

Edit: Oh, and good luck on the interview!
Thank-you! It actually went very well! It's starting to look very likely that I will be starting classes to learn how to dealer for table games at a Casino! Hopefully I will still have time to get my KSP fix while I am doing that!

And a tip for everyone using Thermal Fins and/or the Atmospheric Strake

I suggest adding the "Activate" action to the "Stage" action group. This will cause the parts to be activated as soon as you launch your rocket. They will be stuck permanently activated, however activating these parts with the right click menu does the same thing. Also, you won't have to worry about forgetting to activate them and all your LH2 boiling off.

Edited by Rabada

with newest im getting error on b9 cockpits and MM is saying 4 errros in the KSPI_RF.cfg

Aborting

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoButton (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.Button (System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.GUITanks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 00:41:25.090] RF GUITanks exception System.ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing Repaint

this is the error it throws when i go to action group menu to set tank for b9 command modules since i cant right click on the b9 command modules i doesnt give a menu. one thing i do notice in the descritpin for some reason the cockpits have every fuel listed on there small tank that the cockpits have. dotn know if its real fuels or b9s realfuels .cfg causing it so posting in both threads

That's cool, and may be very helpful. Definitely worth looking into!

I agree with you concerning the Regolith mod! That mod looks just about perfect for this.

Regolith features pretty prominently in the plans I've laid. It pretty much provides a package solution to the code problems of resource extraction and conversion. So yeah, that'll probably be the glue binding this whole thing together.

At first I thought that trying to create an ISRU expansion for Nathan's RealFuels mod was far beyond my modding skills. However it now appears that Roverdude is working on a framework with his Regolith mod that be perfect for this. I have to admit, that I am starting to get really excited about this idea. I think that the best way to procede from here is for me to make the spreadsheet I mentioned earlier. After I get all the data and ideas I have entered into the spreadsheet, I will host it and start a thread in the mod development forum to discuss and develop this idea.

Awesome! Honestly, while I'm full of ideas and a not-terrible game designer, it may be beneficial if someone else takes the lead on this, because of my time constraints. Send me a PM with an email if you want to read my notes and such.

with newest im getting error on b9 cockpits and MM is saying 4 errros in the KSPI_RF.cfg

Aborting

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.DoGetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.GetRect (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.DoButton (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.Button (System.String text, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.GUITanks () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 00:41:25.090] RF GUITanks exception System.ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing Repaint

this is the error it throws when i go to action group menu to set tank for b9 command modules since i cant right click on the b9 command modules i doesnt give a menu. one thing i do notice in the descritpin for some reason the cockpits have every fuel listed on there small tank that the cockpits have. dotn know if its real fuels or b9s realfuels .cfg causing it so posting in both threads

The errors in the KSPI_RF.cfg are probably not related to your other errors. I did note those earlier in Northstars error log and they are probably some kind of syntactical error in the config.

Edit: And you should post your output_log.txt file. (player.log if mac or linux)

Edited by Starwaster

ive fixed my issue wtih b9 cockpits it seems to be somethign with the realfuels/mft .cfg i removed the cockpits from that .cfg and they work fine again

// Cockpit Tanks {{{
@PART[HL_Aero_Cockpit]:FOR[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels] {
!RESOURCE[ElectricCharge] {}
!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 190
// 60 MonoPropellant
// 600/60=10 ECharge
// 40*Kerbals=120 generic life support
basemass = 7
baseCost = -1
type = B9_ServiceModule
TANK
{
name = LiquidFuel
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = Oxidizer
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = MonoPropellant
maxAmount = 60
}
TANK
{
name = ElectricCharge
maxAmount = 600
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Cockpit_M27]:FOR[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 32.5
// 150/60=2.5 ECharge
// 15*Kerbals=30 generic life support
basemass = 2.5
baseCost = -1
type = B9_ServiceModule
TANK
{
name = LiquidFuel
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = Oxidizer
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = MonoPropellant
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = ElectricCharge
maxAmount = 150
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Cockpit_MK2]:FOR[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 21.67
// 100/60=1.67 ECharge
// 10*Kerbals=20 generic life support
basemass = 2
baseCost = -1
type = B9_ServiceModule
TANK
{
name = LiquidFuel
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = Oxidizer
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = MonoPropellant
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = ElectricCharge
maxAmount = 100
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Cockpit_MK5]:FOR[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 32.5
// 150/60=2.5 ECharge
// 10*Kerbals=30 generic life support
basemass = 3.5
baseCost = -1
type = B9_ServiceModule
TANK
{
name = LiquidFuel
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = Oxidizer
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = MonoPropellant
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = ElectricCharge
maxAmount = 150
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Cockpit_S2]:FOR[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 62.5
// 20 MonoPropellant
// 150/60=2.5 ECharge
// 20*Kerbals=40 generic life support
basemass = 3.5
baseCost = -1
type = B9_ServiceModule
TANK
{
name = LiquidFuel
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = Oxidizer
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = MonoPropellant
maxAmount = 20
}
TANK
{
name = ElectricCharge
maxAmount = 150
}
}
}

@PART[B9_Cockpit_S3]:FOR[B9_Aerospace]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks|RealFuels] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 22.5
// 150/60=2.5 ECharge
// 20*Kerbals=20 generic life support
basemass = 3.5
baseCost = -1
type = B9_ServiceModule
TANK
{
name = LiquidFuel
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = Oxidizer
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = MonoPropellant
maxAmount = 0
}
TANK
{
name = ElectricCharge
maxAmount = 150
}
}
}
// }}}

this is the part of the b9 rf/mft .cfg that causes that error. when removed the error is gone

Edited by sidfu