[1.0.4] Smart Parts v1.6.6 | DDS Textures and Bug Fixes | July 5

Firov

Is there any way to have a fuel flow breaker staged, so that when I reach that stage the engine attached gets disabled? I can't figure out how to do it.

While the fuel flow breaker isn't directly stageable, this is possible through the use of the timer smart part, which is stageable.

Basically, you can set the fuel flow breaker so that it is activated via an action group, then use a timer to activate that action group at the appropriate stage. Alternatively, since you'll be using a timer anyway, you can also forgo the fuel flow breaker and have the timer directly shut off the engine.

Love this mod but I currently have (one of many) a KSP ver 23.5 game with RSS 6.4x config and the smart parts dont function I get the apiextentions warning pop up when I start, is there a link to an older version of smart parts that will work with 23.5 or is there quick fix for this?

A ran into a mass error with a very small class A today. I have the probe claw, docked onto the asteroid and hit analyse. Mechjeb start showing a negative mass (it was 4.8t rock + probe) and this is from the KSP.log

[LOG 15:36:44.578] Found roid. Analyzing

[LOG 15:36:44.579] Mass before:2.886098

[LOG 15:36:44.579] Water density:0.001797775

[LOG 15:36:44.580] Mass after:1.088324

[LOG 15:36:50.797] Found roid. Analyzing

[LOG 15:36:50.798] Mass before:1.088324

[LOG 15:36:50.798] Water density:0.001797775

[LOG 15:36:50.798] Mass after:-0.7094507

[LOG 15:36:53.165] Found roid. Analyzing

[LOG 15:36:53.166] Mass before:-0.7094507

[LOG 15:36:53.166] Water density:0.001797775

[LOG 15:36:53.167] Mass after:-2.507225

[ERR 15:36:53.176] Body::setMass: mass is -0.709451, should be positive!

[ERR 15:36:53.193] Body::setMass: mass is -0.709451, should be positive!

[ERR 15:36:53.210] Body::setMass: mass is -0.709451, should be positive!

No stack trace in the KSP_data log, just the same messages as here. Swapping back to space center then to the rock again fixes it, the mass is back to 4.8t

I have an issue with the timer. It causes the vessel it is attached to to frezze in place (0 m/s orbital velocity) upon Quickload or 'switch to vessel.'

This bug is highly reproducable:

1.) make ship in VAB: probe core, fueltank, decoupler, fueltank, decoupler (all stock)

2.) attach timer (settings: 0.3s; stage) on fueltank (lower)

3.) staging order: timer, decoupler (lower), decoupler (upper)

4.) stage timer (press space) & edit into orbit (I used hyperedit)

5.) switch to random vessel

6.) switch back to test vessel

7.) upper decoupler gets triggered on vessel-load, lower fueltank gets frozen into place (0 m/s orbital velocity)

Specs: Windows 7, 32bit KSP 24.2, Smart Parts V2.0

output log: http://www.tobiashuth.de/uploads/smartparts_freeze.log

Love this mod but I currently have (one of many) a KSP ver 23.5 game with RSS 6.4x config and the smart parts dont function I get the apiextentions warning pop up when I start, is there a link to an older version of smart parts that will work with 23.5 or is there quick fix for this?

Serephath. I personally don't have any older versions of the mod, since I only gained the ability to directly publish updates when 24.2 was released. DTobi might have something, but I believe he's on vacation at the moment.

Asteroid Problems

Ratzap, I'm not really sure this is related to smart parts. What makes you believe that it is? Smart Parts should have no impact on asteroids whatsoever.

I have an issue with the timer. It causes the vessel it is attached to to frezze in place (0 m/s orbital velocity) upon Quickload or 'switch to vessel.'

This bug is highly reproducable:

1.) make ship in VAB: probe core, fueltank, decoupler, fueltank, decoupler (all stock)

2.) attach timer (settings: 0.3s; stage) on fueltank (lower)

3.) staging order: timer, decoupler (lower), decoupler (upper)

4.) stage timer (press space) & edit into orbit (I used hyperedit)

5.) switch to random vessel

6.) switch back to test vessel

7.) upper decoupler gets triggered on vessel-load, lower fueltank gets frozen into place (0 m/s orbital velocity)

Specs: Windows 7, 32bit KSP 24.2, Smart Parts V2.0

output log: http://www.tobiashuth.de/uploads/smartparts_freeze.log

I tried to replicate this bug with one of my launch vehicles, but was unable. It may be a result of using HyperEdit, which isn't something I use. Alternatively, it may be an issue with RemoteTech, which I see you're using.

I've had timers activate stages/AGs on separate vessels within view range and I've never experienced this issue.

I'll keep trying on my end, but without being able to replicate it, I'm not even sure where the bug is, much less how to fix it.

Another log, this time without Hyperedit, using the same procedure. I forgot that F12 existed, so I needed to make something that makes it into orbit, actually.

Log: http://pastebin.com/x0hMA3uP

craftfile: http://pastebin.com/KnzgYbUc

What happens is, on vessel load, the smart parts timer gets triggered another time and causes the detached part to freeze in place.

Only installed mod: Smartparts v2.0

system specs:

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (x64)

6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core

4 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Edited by Three_Pounds

Ratzap, I'm not really sure this is related to smart parts. What makes you believe that it is? Smart Parts should have no impact on asteroids whatsoever.

The probe sized claw is from the Klockheed_Martian_Asteroid pack which is in the download location for this thread. This section of it's part.cfg adds the analyze command

MODULE

{

name = km_Analyzer

}

Klockheed martian - this is the KM thread right? Using that analyze does what the logs I posted show - it affects the mass of the asteroid temporarily.

The probe sized claw is from the Klockheed_Martian_Asteroid pack which is in the download location for this thread. This section of it's part.cfg adds the analyze command

MODULE

{

name = km_Analyzer

}

Klockheed martian - this is the KM thread right? Using that analyze does what the logs I posted show - it affects the mass of the asteroid temporarily.

That's right, Tobi does maintain a seperate asteroid based mod. You might try the following thread, as it's dedicated to his asteroid cities mod, which I think that analyzer is from. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79675-24-2-July-27-Asteroid-Cities-V2-0-New-KM-folder-structure-and-24-compat

Three_Pounds, I'll give it another shot and see if I can find out what's going on. Thanks for the log and craft file.

I can upload a save file with vessel that is about to glitch out if you keep having problems recreating this issue. You'll just load the file and switch to the vessel and see if it happens for you, too.

I think the fundamental problem is that, for me, the timer is triggered on vessel load, even though it was already activated in a lower stage that is now merged with the active stage. This seems to be the way the game handles activating e.g. the engines of the "active stage." When the timer then stages once more after the short delay (0.3s) the game somehow freaks out and all those bad things happen. Maybe your computer is so much better and 0.3s isn't short enough. You could try to set it to an even lower value.

Anyways, I think this bug is quite drastic as it wrecks my spacecraft and I think I'll have to deactivate the timer in the meantime to keep this from happening.

would it be possible to have the fuel sensor also be able to sense fuel remaining in an entire stage not just the tank it is attached to? I never thought about it really until I found one of my rockets staging way early and took me a while to realize it was because it was made of three fuel tanks and I had attached the fuel monitor to the top tank which is drained first :P so now I just place them on the bottom or use TAC Fuel Balancer

Hello!

I have a problem with the timer part. I did not yet try the other parts from the new version so I do not know if this particular problem is only limited to the timer part. It just does not work at all for me. For example I wanted to make a completely automated launch abort sequence for one of my manned missions that would take the capsule to landing once the abort button was hit. This was supposed to activate the timer immediately when the escape tower was fired with a program to wait for six seconds for the tower to burn out safely then fire a solid flip over motor to help the capsule turn the blunt end forward and start another timer for two more seconds to separate the escape tower and then arm the parachutes. Both timers were placed securely on the command pod itself and programmed to trigger the desired action groups. The sequence itself was programmed correctly because it worked exactly as intended if triggered manually with action group keys. But the timers just did not do anything. The countdown to the event did not seem to start even manually with the right mouse button menu. Later this was simplified to a single timer system mostly to find the cause of the problem more easily but I still did not manage to make it work.

All in all the countdown does not activate at all.

Does anybody know what may the problem be?

What can I do with it?

Thank you!

Using the Altitude module, i get a ton of "missing km_lib" errors...

And it just won'T trigger anything...

[Exception]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'km_Lib, Version=1.0.5321.16176, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies

And yes it's 2.1 running on 24.2 32 bit

Extra EDIT: It does this for most of the modules, i'll test it a bit

Final Edit: Didn't go through the wall of text... km_lib is... somewhere else! ugh

Not so final edit: game still can't find it! Also nothing in the Smart parts zip tells me to fetch this km_lib.

another edit: i have a km_lib loaded, but it's not 1.0.5321, it's 1.0.5350 ! The error wants 5321 ?!?

friday night edit: i noticed smart parts was the only part set that has 2.1 and not 2.1.2. So i fetched Klockheed_Martian 2.1 in the archives... No dice.

Edited by Mokmo
added quote

Using the Altitude module, i get a ton of "missing km_lib" errors...

And it just won'T trigger anything...

And yes it's 2.1 running on 24.2 32 bit

Extra EDIT: It does this for most of the modules, i'll test it a bit

Final Edit: Didn't go through the wall of text... km_lib is... somewhere else! ugh

Not so final edit: game still can't find it! Also nothing in the Smart parts zip tells me to fetch this km_lib.

another edit: i have a km_lib loaded, but it's not 1.0.5321, it's 1.0.5350 ! The error wants 5321 ?!?

friday night edit: i noticed smart parts was the only part set that has 2.1 and not 2.1.2. So i fetched Klockheed_Martian 2.1 in the archives... No dice.

I just added a 2.1.1 ... give it another shot. I am pretty sure it will fix it for you.

I (think) I got the TweakScale bug fixed with special parts... but now I'm getting another game-killer bug I think may be related to SmartParts, but I'm no good at deciphering these logs. The staging list is all screwy and the log is full of errors. Here it is if anyone can see the issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpbt86d35obo611/output_log.txt?dl=0

I just added a 2.1.1 ... give it another shot. I am pretty sure it will fix it for you.

Yup, it did the trick :D

Thanks for your efforts, this mod saves me a lot of headaches! Even more when i use Remotetech so i don't forget my antennas ;)

• 2 weeks later...

dTOBIiii I have a BIG request for this great mod

can you please create a sticky part, one with a timer or a radio remote control that will have explosives

I want to stick it on some nasty Kerbals and not only, also on some rocket parts that will become debris and at one point I hope they will make BOOM and dissapierd from space, pleaseeee:blush:

I think this part would be desired by everyone in all mods

93449760988139397W8cHePOLc.jpg

Edited by GERULA

Hello to all.

I am trying to load KM Smart parts, latest download and "Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts_2.1.7z"

I keep getting;

[LOG 23:40:25.327] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts/Parts/Flameout-Detector/F2/km_flameout_checker_AG8'

[EXC 23:40:25.334] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPAPIExtensions, Version=1.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

The 'other' KM parts , the base directory and SSE are all working fine but with "KSPAPIExtensions.dll", Version 1.7.0.0

Is there a newer version out that has been compiled against 1.7.0.0 ? or how do i get around this??

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...