[1.0.4] Smart Parts v1.6.6 | DDS Textures and Bug Fixes | July 5

Firov

Tried to use both versions from here - Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts, 2.0 and 2.0.1, everything set up as it should be, through the action group, but devices simply do not work, nothing happens.

If so, then can you please try deleting the Smart Parts directory and downloading the latest release from GitHub? https://github.com/dtobi/km_SmartParts/releases/tag/v0.6.

This version also does not produce any results. Devices simply do not work.

It is very necessary modification, I hope you will be able to bring her back to life.

P.S. KSP Win x64 (Win7 x64).

Now that's darned peculiar. So your gamedata directory looks like this?

GameData --> Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts

----------------> Klockheed_Martian

Neither folder should be inside the other. The should both be in the base directory of GameData.

If so, then can you please try deleting the Smart Parts directory and downloading the latest release from GitHub? https://github.com/dtobi/km_SmartParts/releases/tag/v0.6.2

Let me know if that works.

Nope, nothing, Same result as before.

Okey, So i've done some testing, Removing and reinstalling KM ( every time removing then reinstalling) i installed 2.0 and then installed 2.0.1 (rewriting not remove->install) and now it works. I sure as hell don't know why, have to go away for a few hours but when i get back i'll try to reproduce it all.

NOTHING else have changed just how i installed 2.0.1. I honestly don't know why this is..

But i will test until i get an answer =)

Okey, So i've done some testing, Removing and reinstalling KM ( every time removing then reinstalling) i installed 2.0 and then installed 2.0.1 (rewriting not remove->install) and now it works. I sure as hell don't know why, have to go away for a few hours but when i get back i'll try to reproduce it all.

NOTHING else have changed just how i installed 2.0.1. I honestly don't know why this is..

But i will test until i get an answer =)

Hey Sutima. Any update?

I tried removing KM and re-installing it from Tobi's dropbox account, but was unable to replicate the error you ran into. Staging and action group events still fired perfectly.

That said, if there's a problem here, I'll do what I can to fix it. I just need to know how to replicate it.

Hey Sutima. Any update?

I tried removing KM and re-installing it from Tobi's dropbox account, but was unable to replicate the error you ran into. Staging and action group events still fired perfectly.

That said, if there's a problem here, I'll do what I can to fix it. I just need to know how to replicate it.

well, the problem is gone.... For some reason.... I honestly don't know why, after i had completely removed all KM mods and reinstalled them over and over, also removed AGE during this process since it messes with action groups. I tried different versions of KM and still that odd problem, and when i had done the exact same thing over and over again the problem just disappeared and i can't reproduce it now. Only proof i have left is those logs ( and i can't read them xD ). I have a lot of mods and it could have been any of them that caused the problem in the first place. If i do get that problem again i will Take copies of my gamefolder and upload it so that you can look at it ^^. Just glad that i didn't have to remove either KM mods or AGE..

I just noticed it today after getting up and running with RO/RSS so I just assumed it was a conflict with another mod. Not that I run a lot of mods... I just grabbed 2.0.1, and I'll see if it does anything different. I'm trying to start a main engine when boosters are at 5% fuel, do automated fairing jettison at altitude etc. Standard stuff. I'll play with it a bit and get back to you.

As an aside, I don't know how hard it would be to do this seeing as there's no action group type command that can pull this off, but if the remotes could add a Manoeuvre command, that would be awesome! i.e. Have a craft align itself to N+ as you approach for an RV. KSP has gotten better at keeping a craft aligned when physics is running on it, but this could save potentially troublesome vessel control swaps when approaching for a docking, and add to immersion. Swap to target vessel to align, swap back to refine manoeuvre, swap back to target to check alignment, swap to a stack separator/discarded fairing/spent stage to cause fender bender ...

I was. Installed 2.0.1 and just overwrote the folders like he did, problem went away and the same procedure seems to have fixed a different error in SpecialParts too.

Did you try to install it by removing then installing Smartparts first?

Firov: What did you change from 2.0 to 2.0.1 ? didn't see a changelog, hoping to figure out why the problem went away by overwriting 2.0 and not deleting then reinstalling.

Edited by Sutima

Did you try to install it by removing then installing Smartparts first?

Firov: What did you change from 2.0 to 2.0.1 ? didn't see a changelog, hoping to figure out why the problem went away by overwriting 2.0 and not deleting then reinstalling.

Those releases weren't compiled by me. The only release I directly compile is the GitHub version. I believe, however, that Tobi was having some issues with empty folders and missing files, which is why he released 2.0.1. Otherwise 2.0.1 "should" be functionally identical to version 0.6.2 at https://github.com/dtobi/km_SmartParts/releases .

That said, I have no clue why overwriting would be the only thing that would fix it. I do know this, if SmartParts works normally aside from staging events, that would be because it can't find the km_lib.dll file, which should be in the "Klockheed_Martian" folder in the base GameData directory. I'll look into this some more and maybe figure out exactly what's going on here.

Edited by Firov

Those releases weren't compiled by me. The only release I directly compile is the GitHub version. I believe, however, that Tobi was having some issues with empty folders and missing files, which is why he released 2.0.1. Otherwise 2.0.1 "should" be functionally identical to version 0.6.2 at https://github.com/dtobi/km_SmartParts/releases .

That said, I have no clue why overwriting would be the only thing that would fix it. I do know this, if SmartParts works normally aside from staging events, that would be because it can't find the km_lib.dll file, which should be in the "Klockheed_Martian" folder in the base GameData directory. I'll look into this some more and maybe figure out exactly what's going on here.

So a few things need to be said..

1: I do love your mod, its one of those that i really can't (wont) play without, my relentless barrage of questions is for that very reason if it annoys you just tell me to shut up =D .

2: I have a lot of mods so it really could be a simple collision.

3: What the KM Mod series need is Cockpit and cargobay for a shuttle =D

4: Had something clever and witty to say here but i forgot.....

5: speaking of wheels (See end of post*) Would love something like the Modular wheels for the smart part pack ( the awesome wheels that could adjust hight on the go and suck fun stuff http://goo.gl/O3HFE6).

No, I let you do all the actual work then just repeated the solution you found lol.

Sounds like perhaps Tobi had some unseen issue with the .0 versions he released?

Hah, yeah why reinvent the wheel. *

Check out dtobi's SpecialParts. Includes a couple of scalable cargo bays, but no cockpit.

Hm i have The Special Parts but never got the scaling to work =/, And yes i have the Tweakscale installed.

Yaay more bughunting xD

Edit: disregard that, found the issue. Infernal robotics had an outdated scale.DLL in its folder, updated and it all works \o/

Edited by Sutima

I just had squat with my smartparts as well. Did 4 launches of the same vehicle and the altitude/fuel parts didn't fire. V2.0 on 0.24.2 32bit. It was a craft originally built in 0.23.5 so I deleted the smartparts on it and replaced them straight from the parts menu. Still no luck. I see there's a 2.01 somewhere so I will hunt that down and see if that makes a difference next time I launch. Done for tonight, did manage to get the rocket up with manual staging

What's the difference between "KM Fuel Controller" and "KM Fuel Controller - Default off"? There are both off by default. Also, the "Default on" version has "Default off" written on it. I am a little bit confused right now. :P

What's the difference between "KM Fuel Controller" and "KM Fuel Controller - Default off"? There are both off by default. Also, the "Default on" version has "Default off" written on it. I am a little bit confused right now. :P

Ugh. Good catch. Put simply, there isn't one. I removed the "Off" and "On" variants since it's now controllable in the VAB/SPH. I think Tobi must have forgotten to remove the config file in his. Though in retrospect it might be better to deprecate it instead. That way there won't be any problems loading ships that use the removed versions. If there are issues, I'll do that for the next release.

The version I directly compiled on GitHub doesn't have this issue. https://github.com/dtobi/km_SmartParts/releases/tag/v0.6.2

The mod is indeed having trouble finding km_Lib according to the log. km_Lib is located in \Klockheed_Martian\Plugins. This is the right locating i think?

This is the error:

[EXC 12:50:51.434] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'km_Lib, Version=1.0.5314.16449, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

--edit--

The km_lib version i downloaded is 5321.16176. Maybe that is the problem?

Edited by Graploos

Firov / dtobi -

The newer version of KSPAPI bundled with TweakScale is breaking the right click menu for many of the parts. Some controls in the right click menu are simply not loading. Logs from a stock install with only ModuleManager, Smart Parts and TweakScale loadedare here.

New update everyone!

Mostly it's just a recompile to support KSPAPIExtension 1.7.0, though it also fixes a bug I found with Real Fuels compatibility (will now detect tank changes), and... it's no longer dependent on KM_lib.dll!

Since everyone and their dog was reporting issues relating to KM_Lib.dll I decided to go ahead and implement what little functionality SmartPart relies on directly into SmartParts. As such, if you only use Smart Parts you shouldn't need the Klockheed_Martian base package anymore.

Also, until every mod updates KSPAPIExtension, expect issues. Lots of issues. The new version does NOT play nice with older variants.

Grab the latest release from GitHub, and as always, let me know if you experience problems!

v2.0.2 CHANGELOG

• Updated KSPAPIExtension to 1.7.0
  • Auto stager now fully supports Real Fuels and will auto update on tank resource change
  • No longer dependant on km_lib.dll

SmartParts Release Page

Edited by Firov

Nice! Seems to work flawless for me.

But I'm missing one tiny thing. The "ALT-Pro Altimeter and Action Group Trigger" could really use a way to trigger the landing gear / legs. Could be useful on landers and planes to automatically deploy it.

Just a small suggestion. :)

Cheers!

Three_Pounds, that's something I've thought about, and I'd love to do it. Unfortunately, the way KSP handles the gear action group makes it surprisingly difficult. You see, the gear action group is always considered to be "on/deployed" on launch, even if your landing gear is actually stowed. You've probably noticed how sometimes you have to hit the gear key twice to actually lower your landing gear? That's because of this... "bug".

It would be a simple matter to trigger the gear action group, but there's a good chance it wouldn't actually deploy your gear. I'm not sure of a good solution to this problem, aside from iterating through all gear on the ship to determine if the gear is deployed or not, and then see if that matches the current state of the gear action group. I may do that, I'd just prefer to find a... better solution.

Ah... that explains it. I tried binding the gear to an action group and triggering it with the "ALT-Pro Altimeter and Action Group Trigger" set to "all" and "500m" to deploy/retract the gear before/after launch and I got very mixed results. Sometimes the gear would deploy/retract, sometimes not.

Now I understand why. Well, it's a shame, but it isn't too big of a deal. :)

I love your mod. It allows for really neat contraptions, especially on probes. :)

Made a video of my latest creation with this mod. Took pains to make it as hardcore realistic as possible and still operate right. I'll post a simplified .craft file (mainly deleting extraneous mods and replacing mod parts with stock where possible)