[1.0.4] Smart Parts v1.6.6 | DDS Textures and Bug Fixes | July 5

Firov

Try replacing the KSPAPIExtensions.dll within GameData/Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts/Plugins/ with the latest version :D

Thanks! That fixed the GUI problem.

For others who haven't been deep into modding, KSPAPIExtensions can be found at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81496-0-25-KSPAPIExtensions-V1-7-1-Utilities-for-shared-mod-use

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. My apologies for the long silence.

Truth be told, I took a bit of a break from KSP due to my frustration with the constant crashes in the x64 version, as well as having to do a considerable amount of travel for work recently. I see it's been a stunning month of developments in my absence. KSP .25 has been released, and I'll be working on a compatibility update ASAP, though it looks like it's just a KSPAPIExtensions issue.

Unfortunately, it also appears that Tobi has retired. He will be missed.

Ultimately, Smart Parts was really his mod, and I just came on after the fact to assist in it's maintenance and development as I was impressed with the idea. I realized he was too busy with his numerous other mods to fully flesh it out. Over that time, I like to think that I was able to make considerable improvements across the board, while allowing Tobi to focus on his other efforts. However, now that Tobi is gone, I will be fully taking over development of the mod.

As such, expect the next update to be released in a new thread, since I lack editing rights on this thread. I'm also going to have to decide if I want to fork a new GitHub repo that I have full control over.

Anyway, rest assured. I'm not gone, and this mod isn't dead. As of this minute, Smart Parts is back in business.

Edited by Firov

Anyway, rest assured. I'm not gone, and this mod isn't dead. As of this minute, Smart Parts is back in business.

Isn't this the mod that had a part that effectively did this?

"When attached stage is 'staged' away, activate AG# as well."

For example, you put solar panels in AG5 or something and attach the smart part to your upper stage so they open automatically because 'spacebar' for that stage activates AG5 at the same time.

Is that part still listed in the OP and I am just blind? Is it some other mod I am remembering?

I saw some staging and AG stuff in the OP but none of them looked like what I just described.

Isn't this the mod that had a part that effectively did this?

"When attached stage is 'staged' away, activate AG# as well."

In fact, it is. The timer part is capable of doing exactly what you're talking about here.

It can be stage, and when staged it can activate an action group, either immediately or after a preconfigured time. Also, for something like a solar panel, the altimeter works nicely, since you can configure it to automatically extend solar panels (or an antenna, or cargo doors, or jettison a fairing, etc) upon reaching a safe altitude, such as 70 km.

Quick update everyone.

I've compiled Smart Parts against KSP 0.25 and the latest KSPAPIextension. This should fix any lingering compatibility problems.

Download it here!

SmartParts v2.0.3

Also, this will be the last release in this thread. I hope to get a new thread (and possibly GitHub repository) set up by the end of tomorrow. Once I do, I'll ask the moderators to lock this thread.

Until then, let me know if there are any issues!

Edited by Firov

Quick update everyone.

I've compiled Smart Parts against KSP 0.25 and the latest KSPAPIextension. This should fix any lingering compatibility problems.

Download it here!

SmartParts v2.0.3

Also, this will be the last release in this thread. I hope to get a new thread (and possibly GitHub repository) set up by the end of tomorrow. Once I do, I'll ask the moderators to lock this thread.

Until then, let me know if there are any issues!

Yay! Since you're now in charge, I think it would be bet is you started your own thread (this thread can link to it). So you can put in the title that it's 0.25 compatible

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to change the AG the empty tank sensor activates? even if I have to use the same one for everything & make a MM config ( I don't have a means to recompile the DLL for windows, unfortunately ). Group 1 is generally what I use for toggling engine states.

Is it possible to change the AG the empty tank sensor activates? even if I have to use the same one for everything & make a MM config ( I don't have a means to recompile the DLL for windows, unfortunately ). Group 1 is generally what I use for toggling engine states.

Yes, it's a tweakable. You can set it to activate any action group in the stock game.

Which conveniently brings me to the following question: Could you make it compatible with Diazo's Action Groups Extended? My sophisticated abort modes with complex abort sequences tend to take up most of the action groups, leaving very little room for other things. If I had 250 action groups, I could make even more awesome abort modes/sequences and still have room for other things.

Also, could you add a way to fire and action group if a part detaches or explodes. I want those complex abort modes to start automatically in case of a RUD.

The empty tank one is the one that *isn't* - at least the desc doesn't say so and there's no rclick option to change AG.

Well, that's odd. I remember being able to change the action groups. The source code supports my memory, the action groups part is definitely there. In 10-20min my game should finish booting up and I'll tell you what I see or don't see.

Edit 1: Experiencing weird glitches. Make that 30-40.

Edit 2: Yup, the action group selector is definitely there. The problem is on your end.

Edited by xrayfishx

• 3 weeks later...

Firov, I'd like to use the altimeter to activate parachutes at about 10 kilometers. I'm using remote tech and deadly re-entry, and planning an unmanned duna mission with time delay. However, the increment on the altimeter is set to 25k. Is there a way to change the small increment to 2k, and the large increment to 50k? I don't mind clicking more on the gui if it means more fine control in the lower range. I would try the edit myself if I knew how to compile C++ :P

Firov, I'd like to use the altimeter to activate parachutes at about 10 kilometers. I'm using remote tech and deadly re-entry, and planning an unmanned duna mission with time delay. However, the increment on the altimeter is set to 25k. Is there a way to change the small increment to 2k, and the large increment to 50k? I don't mind clicking more on the gui if it means more fine control in the lower range. I would try the edit myself if I knew how to compile C++ :P

Nevermind! You can use the slider function with increments of 1 km. I'm slapping my forehead.