[1.0.4] Smart Parts v1.6.6 | DDS Textures and Bug Fixes | July 5

Firov

Alright! I've got another pre-release version ready to go. Hopefully this will be a bit more stable. Also, it's got some new improvements to the auto-stager and fuel controller.

Remember, since Tobi and I have switched over to a new folder structure you'll need Tobi's support plugin, found here Klockheed_Martian

CHANGELOG

• Compatibility with KSP 0.24
  • Implemented new GUI to allow more control of Smart Parts
  • Improved Stager
    • Allows user to select resource to monitor in VAB/SPH
    • Allows user to select target percentage

[*]Improved Fuel Controller

• Crossfeed tweakable now accessible in VAB/SPH
    • Removed redundant fuel controller ("ON")

v0.6-Beta (GitHub)

Nice, I'll download this to see if it works.

I think Tobi is planning a release some time in the near future. Before then, how has the pre-release of Smart Parts been working out for those who've downloaded it? Any issues to report? Suggestions for improvement?

EDIT - Okay, no bug reports so far, and there's only a small chance that's because my update melted everyone's computer. So I've updated Smart Parts to be compatible with KSP 0.24.1 and have the release version 0.6.1 ready. Grab it from GitHub!

SmartParts v0.6.1

Edited by Firov

I allways liked the Smartparts and the SSE and I still do. But I don't like the new folder structure. It doesn't work well with PartCatalog. Now we have four registers in PartCatalog all labeled KMS. So we need to remember which part are located where or to arrange those manually (which is unfortunately still a bit cumbersome and counter-intuitive in PartCatalog).

This folder structure is suggested by another user even in my thread, but without thinking much about the consequences. At least you gave me a good example why I should NOT use this for my mods. ;)

I allways liked the Smartparts and the SSE and I still do. But I don't like the new folder structure. It doesn't work well with PartCatalog. Now we have four registers in PartCatalog all labeled KMS. So we need to remember which part are located where or to arrange those manually (which is unfortunately still a bit cumbersome and counter-intuitive in PartCatalog).

This folder structure is suggested by another user even in my thread, but without thinking much about the consequences. At least you gave me a good example why I should NOT use this for my mods. ;)

Sad to see it turned out this way. What defines the label in part catalogue?

Interesting. Tobi wanted the folder structure changed to make mod maintenance easier for him (he has to maintain 4 mods, I've just got the one), but it's been so long since I used PartCatalog I personally didn't consider the impact it could have. I'll investigate options to get it to "play nice" with part catalog with the current folder structure.

As I recall, it's based on more than just the folder structure, and is possible to over-write the default placement with modifiers in the config file itself. Like I said though, it's probably been 6+ months since I last used PartCatalog.

Sad to see it turned out this way. What defines the label in part catalogue?

The folder structure I think. Maybe the developer of PartCatalog should think about some kind of ident file in a mod? Thats the way I would do it.

As I recall, it's based on more than just the folder structure, and is possible to over-write the default placement with modifiers in the config file itself. Like I said though, it's probably been 6+ months since I last used PartCatalog.

Maybe. I'm just guessing. Anyway, it's not a big deal, but Partcatalog has evolved very nicely. From less useful at start to very useful in its current state.

Edited by Nereid

I have a strange problem with Smart Parts 2.0 and Tweakscale 1.32 in KSP 24.2 (x64 / Win). If I install these mod together in a vanilla KSP all is good. If I install Smart Parts into a mod heavy KSP the Tweakscale sliders are gone.

Edited by Kolago

I dont understand the folder structure now is there a pack that has the engines tank and the fuel breakers or its all seperate now and we have to have multiple folders for Klockheed

Basically, each of these packs will have their own folder in the GameData directory. So if you want SmartParts and SSE your GameData directory would look like this.

GameData --> Klockheed_Martian_SSE

----------------> Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts

----------------> Klockheed_Martian

I have a strange problem with Smart Parts 2.0 and Tweakscale 1.32 in KSP 24.2 (x64 / Win). If I install these mod together in a vanilla KSP all is good. If I install Smart Parts into a mod heavy KSP the Tweakscale sliders are gone.

I just ran into this myself. Weird problem. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I'll see if it's something caused by SmartParts.

Thanks for the reply I understand now but am a little confused why you went away from the all in one pack

One of the main reasons is ease of use: it was damn difficult to uninstall one of the many packs because they were all intermingled. Similarly, it was difficult to update.

One of the main reasons is ease of use: it was damn difficult to uninstall one of the many packs because they were all intermingled. Similarly, it was difficult to update.

Why not just install each pack into a subfolder of GameData/Klockheed_Martian?

As in:

GameData/Klockheed_Martian/CoreComponents/

GameData/Klockheed_Martian/SSE/all directories under KM_SSE right now

GameData/Klockheed_Martian/SmartParts/

Then uninstalling or updating a portion of the pack is still as easy as deleting or replacing one folder, but there's only one entry for Part Catalog.

Why not just install each pack into a subfolder of GameData/Klockheed_Martian?

As in:

GameData/Klockheed_Martian/CoreComponents/

GameData/Klockheed_Martian/SSE/all directories under KM_SSE right now

GameData/Klockheed_Martian/SmartParts/

Then uninstalling or updating a portion of the pack is still as easy as deleting or replacing one folder, but there's only one entry for Part Catalog.

That would be another way to do it. If its really a non-solvable issue for part catalogue, I might just do that.

For some reason the AG triggers don't seem to be working for me in .24. Everything looks as it should in the GUIs, but nothing happens when it should. Even trying to trigger thru the GUI in flight on the timer. Is this a known issue or do I need to start posting logs?

Also, maybe related, the inflatable bits from Special Parts are completely boogered. The righting bags disappear a few seconds after launch and cause the unfocused camera bug, and the heat shields start inflated (in the VAB) and don't seem to do anything other than play the decouple "puff" animation over & over.

For some reason the AG triggers don't seem to be working for me in .24. Everything looks as it should in the GUIs, but nothing happens when it should. Even trying to trigger thru the GUI in flight on the timer. Is this a known issue or do I need to start posting logs?

Also, maybe related, the inflatable bits from Special Parts are completely boogered. The righting bags disappear a few seconds after launch and cause the unfocused camera bug, and the heat shields start inflated (in the VAB) and don't seem to do anything other than play the decouple "puff" animation over & over.

Same for me.

To be fair i have Action groups extended installed so that might be why it's not working, have to try it without before i Officially start to ..... and whine... Oh i mean make a bug report =) ^^.

Dtobi, if this is the case is there any info on my end that you need ?

Seriously tho, love the KM parts keep it up and continue to make this a better game.

Edit: i get this error " [Exception]: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'km_Lib, Version=1.0.5320.17332, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. "

Edited by Sutima
Edit:1

Okay, looking at the log message, I think I know what's happening. Eh. It's inconvenient, I know, but you will also need to install the base KM support package, called "Klockheed_Martian", which includes the km_lib.dll file. You can find it here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r93q90vpbeavoye/AACAlIFel0ufwiU4h1_WtfFGa/KSP

That mod will go in your GameData directory, alongside the SmartParts directory.

Hmm. I was afraid this might happen. It's a bit confusing, and not terribly convenient. I may offload the relevant functionality of that library to something local to Smart Parts, since it's literally only used for triggering actions and activating/deactivating part LEDs within Smart Parts.

Anyway, in the meantime, try installing "Klockheed_Martian" and see if you still get the error.

I do have it. I have all the km mods, installed as instructed. Do you mean that I should put it inside the smart parts folder.

I have it without AGE now, still nothing.

Anyhow, trying to sleep but my ocd demands that I keep searching for answers. And I'm on a tablet so autocorrector might screw me over.

For more recent logs, check the AGE thread.

Regards

Sutima

Edited by Sutima

Now that's darned peculiar. So your gamedata directory looks like this?

GameData --> Klockheed_Martian_SmartParts

----------------> Klockheed_Martian

Neither folder should be inside the other. The should both be in the base directory of GameData.

If so, then can you please try deleting the Smart Parts directory and downloading the latest release from GitHub? https://github.com/dtobi/km_SmartParts/releases/tag/v0.6.2

Let me know if that works.