[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

Thanks. :P I've asked about scale problem in main thread, hope someone helps.

Do you by the way know of any plugins that allow hinges to react to control inputs? I have a classic dual-jets-in-wingtips VTOL setup and want to control yaw in said method.

Thanks. :P I've asked about scale problem in main thread, hope someone helps.

Do you by the way know of any plugins that allow hinges to react to control inputs? I have a classic dual-jets-in-wingtips VTOL setup and want to control yaw in said method.

If you can bind your axes to key presses then you can control the hinges with standard IR. The way IR is written though allows for other plugins to control it though, so you could write a kOS script for example, or persuade someone to do a plugin to add the functionality you're after ;)

If you can bind your axes to key presses then you can control the hinges with standard IR. The way IR is written though allows for other plugins to control it though, so you could write a kOS script for example, or persuade someone to do a plugin to add the functionality you're after ;)

The problem is that I want rotatrons to reset to original positon when button is released. Like I press w - 5 degrees are slowly added to rotatron's position. I release it - rotatron slowly returns to previous position.

The problem is that I want rotatrons to reset to original positon when button is released. Like I press w - 5 degrees are slowly added to rotatron's position. I release it - rotatron slowly returns to previous position.

That will either need you to write a kOS script or make your own mod to command the rotatrons from joystick input.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm just going to say this now, even though 1.0.5 is out don't expect an update to this pack any time soon. Although I was able to work on a few things a number of weeks ago, IRL work has got super busy again :(

That will either need you to write a kOS script or make your own mod to command the rotatrons from joystick input.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm just going to say this now, even though 1.0.5 is out don't expect an update to this pack any time soon. Although I was able to work on a few things a number of weeks ago, IRL work has got super busy again :(

I believe it'll need update from IR mod itself. I doubt they've changed the cfgs that much.

• 2 weeks later...
A long time ago there was a part request for a scissor lift. Unfortunately due to the multiple linkages involved this is not possible; however, I recently came across this video that shows another way to achieve the same effect using just pistons:

[video=youtube;PBlLghQCtPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBlLghQCtPQ[/video]

This got me thinking, "could this be done in KSP using ContraintFX?". So over the past few weeks in my very limited spare time I've mocked up the following part:

[img]https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/IR_ScissorLift.png/_568cd303cb624b888250e88172ad8986[/img]
(There's a slidertron rail on top for reference)

Looks pretty cool right, but does it work? Well, check out the answer for yourself :D
[B][SIZE=4][url]http://gfycat.com/BowedDifficultDutchshepherddog[/url][/SIZE][/B]

Not only do the ConstraintFX work between the two halves of the part, they also operate within the editor (something I was unsure of). This means for those fellow IR modders who want to make beefier looking joints, adding pistons on to them is now an option :D

Edit: Because I'm sure people will be curious. Here's a mobile lift of 10 rails going up the side of the flag pole
[img]https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/IR%20Scissor%20Tower.png/_3382a030e65944759e0819cddf9d8297[/img] Edited by ZodiusInfuser

[quote name='ZodiusInfuser']A long time ago there was a part request for a scissor lift. Unfortunately due to the multiple linkages involved this is not possible; however, I recently came across this video that shows another way to achieve the same effect using just pistons:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBlLghQCtPQ[/url]

This got me thinking, "could this be done in KSP using ContraintFX?". So over the past few weeks in my very limited spare time I've mocked up the following part:

[url]https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/IR_ScissorLift.png/_568cd303cb624b888250e88172ad8986[/url]
(There's a slidertron rail on top for reference)

Looks pretty cool right, but does it work? Well, check out the answer for yourself :D
[B][SIZE=4][url]http://gfycat.com/BowedDifficultDutchshepherddog[/url][/SIZE][/B]

Not only do the ConstraintFX work between the two halves of the part, they also operate within the editor (something I was unsure of). This means for those fellow IR modders who want to make beefier looking joints, adding pistons on to them is now an option :D

Edit: Because I'm sure people will be curious. Here's a mobile lift of 10 rails going up the side of the flag pole
[url]https://www.cubbyusercontent.com/pl/IR%20Scissor%20Tower.png/_3382a030e65944759e0819cddf9d8297[/url][/QUOTE]

Nice can't wait to get my kerbal hands on them :)

I haven't tried them yet as I just found the test DL, but do the mecanum wheels require KOS to work easily? I don't use KOS, but these wheels look really cool so I was curious if anyone had experience with them. Thanks!

[quote name='Svm420']I haven't tried them yet as I just found the test DL, but do the mecanum wheels require KOS to work easily? I don't use KOS, but these wheels look really cool so I was curious if anyone had experience with them. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Where did you find a test down load ?

[quote name='MeCripp']Where did you find a test down load ?[/QUOTE]
[url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65365-WIP-MSI-s-Infernal-Robotics-Model-Rework-%2828-04-2015%29-Kinda-Back?p=2249445&viewfull=1#post2249445[/url]

On the topic of an update, would people prefer it if I updated the packs separately or all together? I personally am inclined to do them together as a v02 update, but some of the packs have a lot of work left to do, whereas others just need one final tweak before they're ready to go. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, MeCripp said:

What ever way is better for you, I sure we'll all be like kids in a candy store :) by the way where would the  scissor lift fall in there before vote lol.

The scissor lift would fall on the "still more work needed" side of things (i.e. it works fine but the model needs tweaking). If you're meaning in terms of packs then I plan to put all Rail parts in the Expansion Pack, since they're a new form-factor like the foldatrons are (I have 4-6 types planned).

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2015‎ ‎2‎:‎16‎:‎34‎, ZodiusInfuser said:

I had a bit of time this weekend to do some modelling, so managed to finish off the planned propeller line-up :D.

_5559389290744b84b0af08dbbcd55545

For reference the size of each engine is:

• Large = 2.3m diameter
  • Medium = 1.8m diameter (should fit in a MK2 cargo bay)
  • Small = 0.98m x 0.2m

I'm still very busy with IRL work so have no idea when I'll get chance to get them in-game, but thought I would tease nonetheless :P

Hey Zodius. Any word on these beauties? Also with the new forum update I lost the page the mecanum / bearings are on I found a post with just the mecanums But not the bearings.

Edit

Never mind I'm blind I was looking right at it.

Edited by V8jester

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Hey Zodius. Any word on these beauties? Also with the new forum update I lost the page the mecanum / bearings are on I found a post with just the mecanums But not the bearings.

Edit: Never mind I'm blind I was looking right at it.

No word on those parts. Although the small and medium ones were good I ended up not liking the larger one. Also, my time is still very limited :(

As for the bearings, it is one page back :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.