[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

36 minutes ago, Tubal said:

I really need to make a forklift for a botched base landing, any news on a 1.2 update? :D

It works fine.... Just use these two downloads.

just remember there are some parts that have been taken out, due to incompatibility (like the sample drill and a wheels)

Edited by V8jester

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Eh bien cela dépend de la question. (Je suppose que vous voulez dire, comment est-elle ouverte)

Le cylindre est carénages de procédure. Et l'un des carénages structurels est attachée à un Extendatron IR et Rotatron. Pour le faire tourner / offset.

then, I say respect. Great idea and great it is realized! Continue realization, I love it!

56 minutes ago, CaptainAl said:

I'm in version 1.2, with the latest download, things like the utilitrons are appearing in the structural and utility tabs, but the main "robotic parts" tab has disappeared along with all the parts in it?! Help please.

it's a known bug in stock ksp, when the part count in any category rises above a number it happens, developers are working on it and i think soon there will be a patch on sub version update for ksp itself, be patient

15 hours ago, CaptainAl said:

I'm in version 1.2, with the latest download, things like the utilitrons are appearing in the structural and utility tabs, but the main "robotic parts" tab has disappeared along with all the parts in it?! Help please.

This means you did not install IR 2.0.7 correctly.

Post a screenshot of your GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries folder fully expanded.

So, I noticed this is a thing...

I honestly don't know what cause this. It could of been timewarp, but I honestly don't know. I tried switching scenes, and it didnt go back to normal, I F5-and-F9'd but that didn't help, so I reloaded the game. But that STILL didn't help.

I didn't hinder my ability to complete my mission, but if this persists, than other future missions using these parts will become more difficult. Any else got this, or know a fix?

BY2NkZw.png

46 minutes ago, LucasGamingBestAll said:

Everyone doesnt seen, we need to vote KerbalStuff back!

What? We have Spacedock, which is the same thing, just with different colors....

Also, it dosen't work that way. You can't just "vote" multi-hundred-dollar servers back online. Someone needs to maintain them.

Also, please use proper english. You are tehnically in violation of forum rules, by not doing so.

50 minutes ago, helius said:

Why my rotatron (uncontrolled) does not work once warped in space?

Because its uncontrolled?

Please elaborate, "why no work" is not helpful to mod developers.

Edited by minepagan
Oxford Comma

7 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Because its uncontrolled?

Please elaborate, "why no work" is not helpful to mod developers.

I tried to build a space station with spining part. I used two free spining rotatrons. They can rotate automatically when sent into space. But it can not rotate anymore once I warped to circularise orbit.

24 minutes ago, helius said:

I tried to build a space station with spining part. I used two free spining rotatrons. They can rotate automatically when sent into space. But it can not rotate anymore once I warped to circularise orbit.

So, they are stuck? After you Time-Warped?

EDIT: What other mods do you have installed? Also, pictures would help.

Edited by minepagan

20 hours ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

So, I noticed this is a thing...

I honestly don't know what cause this. It could of been timewarp, but I honestly don't know. I tried switching scenes, and it didnt go back to normal, I F5-and-F9'd but that didn't help, so I reloaded the game. But that STILL didn't help.

I didn't hinder my ability to complete my mission, but if this persists, than other future missions using these parts will become more difficult. Any else got this, or know a fix?

BY2NkZw.png

It is really hard to understand what IS the problem. Did the part just break or what?

57 minutes ago, helius said:

A picture will help. Also make sure you have auto-struts turned off and no KJR installed. There is another possible explanation, but first I need to rule out the simple stuff.

Edited by Ziw

1 minute ago, Ziw said:

It is really hard to understand what IS the problem. Did the part just break or what?

The part isn't broken, in fact, all of the hinges and the extendatrons worked, they were just in strange positions as you can see. I have the sequencer mod I made two sequences, one for the arm to retract and one for it to deploy, and it worked, both when I tested it before, and again even in the wonky positions.

1 hour ago, Ziw said:

A picture will help. Also make sure you have auto-struts turned off and no KJR installed. There is another possible explanation, but first I need to rule out the simple stuff.

https://youtu.be/rEoS0ZXhRRg

I attached a video. The rotation module can spin at first, but does not work anymore after time warp.

25 minutes ago, helius said:

https://youtu.be/rEoS0ZXhRRg

I attached a video. The rotation module can spin at first, but does not work anymore after time warp.

I bet that happens the same way a spinning craft stops after time warp. So maybe PersistantRotation would help? I'm not the developer obviously, but I wanted to help cause I feel like this should be simple to fix. Should be. :P

guys, I dont know why, like if this is a bug or it still needs to be fixed, but I cant find the button for controlling the parts (sorry, I dont know the name)

Can someone help me? I cant take screenshots on my computer so please dont ask me too.

6 hours ago, Axilourous said:

guys, I dont know why, like if this is a bug or it still needs to be fixed, but I cant find the button for controlling the parts (sorry, I dont know the name)

Can someone help me? I cant take screenshots on my computer so please dont ask me too.

You need to make sure you installed the proper version of Infernal Robotics

Latest is available here: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.7

The version file of this 2.0.7 file i just downloaded is dated from July 9th and says: "Version 2.0.5" KSP "1.1.3"

The version file of the 2.0.6 version i download before is dated from October 18th and says:" version 2.0.6" KSP "1.2"

So what is really the latest one???

3 hours ago, gilflo said:

The version file of this 2.0.7 file i just downloaded is dated from July 9th and says: "Version 2.0.5" KSP "1.1.3"

The version file of the 2.0.6 version i download before is dated from October 18th and says:" version 2.0.6" KSP "1.2"

So what is really the latest one???

Ah, forgot to update the .version file inside the archive. The DLL is new, so use the 2.0.7 download.

EDIT: I've reuploaded the ZIP file with the correct version file.

4 hours ago, Axilourous said:

I did, it didnt work

Show me your log and a screenshot of GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries folder.

Edited by Ziw

1 hour ago, Axilourous said:

i told you, I cant do screenshots, and your probably gonna think im dumb for saying this but what log? 

This thread might help you to understand what moders need to narrow down and fix issue:

Also similar one, for moded install:

What is issue that you can't do screenshots ? Pressing F1 does not create picture ? You need some cloud site to upload pictures ? Internet speed too slow or blocked for upload pictures ? Or simple press on print screen key, opening paint or even wordpad and press CTRL + V to paste (create) picture ? On linux when you press print screen it create picture in your pictures folder, it is even more simple to do it than on windows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.