[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

Has anyone tried this on Linux 64-bit version? I recently made my computer dual-boot as I knew about the 64-bit version, however in ubuntu, I am having it crash at the end of the loading screen, and in the actual output log,(not PF's), it complains about not finding 'High' for PQS of each of the planets. I have also watched the resources for my computer and it never passes 2gb of RAM for KSP. Also this happens for both standard and CE planet factory; if anyone would like to have the log to figure out why it can't load, I can do this later today.

Thanks in advance for any help I am given :)

Whenever i make a custom height maps and apply them to really small bodies (im talking between 15 and 5 km radius), they always look weird and bumpy. Like the height map was low-quality or something. How do i fix this?

that happens to me to

Whenever i make a custom height maps and apply them to really small bodies (im talking between 15 and 5 km radius), they always look weird and bumpy. Like the height map was low-quality or something. How do i fix this?

that happens to me too

can someone send tell me where to find the updated planet factory mod and how to install the urania file into the planet factory mod?

Well, you download planetfactory CE :

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=0f53357fdb0ba9a2&id=F53357FDB0BA9A2%211773&ithint=file,.zip&authkey=!AI3GbgjU1ZBcLz4

And you follow exactly the different steps of the first page of Urania's system...

DO you have any fixes? Any at all? Im being serious i cant go on with my life knowing this thing still looks ugly.

Ugly is bad.

I fix this by deleting the normal map. It has the downside of making the planet/moon have the bump mapping of the template it's based on, however it has the benefits of looking WAY nicer and also reducing RAM usage.

Is there an installation tutorial on here? Cause im experinceing some glitches and I was wondering if I was installing it wrong.

Install it like any other mod Put the file in the .zip into the game data folder and should work.

Glitches? If you did install it correctly the mod is still a WIP so expect them.

I've got two questions:

How can I make a planet have an ocean?

Where can I find Vall's heightmap?

Can we please have an example cfg with comments, Krag? I don't understand many of the settings.

I made an impossible asteroid, Astarus, with an impossible comet called Comint orbiting it... The results were hilarious.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I even made a download link! Here:

http://www./download/12gko8fw70zjn8k/TheAstarusSystem.zip

Have fun, and remember, if you get close to Astarus, physics goes out the window. XD

I found that its a great way to get to the Mun. And don't try landing on Comint... You'll see why if you load this system up...

Have fun! :D

Edited by nubeees

Has anyone actually figured out how to change atmosphere colours yet? I saw one guy who seems to have cracked everything but nothing has come from that yet.

As far as I am aware, no one knows how yet.

There's a bunch of things that are un-answered so far:

-Applying atmosphere to a non-atmospheric template planet (giving an atmosphere to a planet using Pol as a template doesnt work, for example)

-Changing atmosphere colours (seems to use the stock colours of the planet's template)

-Changing the render distance of planets (always uses the render distance of the planet's template)

-Changing the render radius of a planets Scaled Space mesh (large planets disappear when viewed at an angle)

-Overriding the textures of some planet templates (Dres, Vall, Moho and Gilly all apply their default texture instead of using the texture you give them)

-Changing the scale of gas giants (cant at the moment)

-Changing the atmosphere colour of gas giants (always defaults to Jool's green colour)

There's probably more things too.... We'll just have to wait for Krag to update the mod.

Changing atmo colours is related to a component in scaledspace named AtmosphereFromGround, Planetfactory has not yet added a way to manipulate atmosphere scatter colours, but with some clever plugin-powered workarounds It is rather easy.

I cant say when Krag intends to implement these features. However, there are a few workarounds.

Has anyone actually figured out how to change atmosphere colours yet? I saw one guy who seems to have cracked everything but nothing has come from that yet.

I believe you are referring to me. A while ago, I posted a screenshot of my system with coloured atmospheres, and textured oceans. They are un-releasable, as they are made entirely in a plugin, that uses planet factories base code.

But I am writing a separate tool to allow additional planet data (Atmosphere, mainly) to be saved, and loaded.

I made an impossible asteroid, Astarus, with an impossible comet called Comint orbiting it... The results were hilarious.

http://imgur.com/a/pT58b

I even made a download link! Here:

http://www./download/12gko8fw70zjn8k/TheAstarusSystem.zip

Have fun, and remember, if you get close to Astarus, physics goes out the window. XD

I found that its a great way to get to the Mun. And don't try landing on Comint... You'll see why if you load this system up...

Have fun! :D

That comet looks a bit like a firework.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.