HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement + Tutorial

Nazari1382

I'm still unable to figure out how to get this mod to work with ARP sounds for the JetEngine

doing this and converting to WAV has gotten me some sound:

@PART[JetEngine]:Final
{
!sound_jet_engage_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_low_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_hard_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_disengage_bullettarp_v0100
!sound_jet_flameout_bullettarp_v0100

@clip,0 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_low_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,1 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_engage_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,2 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_disengage_bullettarp_v0100
@clip,3 = Squad\Parts\Engine\JetEngine\part\Sounds\sound_jet_flameout_bullettarp_v0100
}

However, while the sound modulates with my throttle input, it doesn't sound anything like the ARP audio I get when Hot Rockets is removed

Furthermore, this engine sound is unaffected by Atmospheric Sound Effects and so when I'm past mach 1 I can still hear it when the camera is in front of the plane

Edited by Gaiiden

You can delete everything within the powersmoke {} to completely remove it, or place the PREFAB_PARTICLE from the squad moduleenginesfx within the brackets.

That would remove the smoke screen without touching the new engine flame FX?

Leaning veeery far out here, but would this work:

@PART[*]:HAS[MODULE[ModuleEngines*]]:FINAL
{

@EFFECTS
{

!powersmoke {}

}

}

Edited by KerbMav

Can someone screenshot what you are meant to do to remove smoke please (I understand about the PREFAB_PARTICLE but I need to know I have done it right :P) Thanks :)

Edit: yeah I did it wrong, just the smoke appears now :/

Edited by Boamere

Boamere this is what you do.

go to the MP_Nazari folder, open the file squad hotrockets. (copy this before you do anything to it)

scroll down a bit to this part:

powersmoke
{
MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE_PERSIST
{
name = smokethrust
modelName = MP_Nazari/FX/smokebooster2
transformName = thrustTransform
emission = 0.0 0.0 // Curve for emission like stock
emission = 0.07 0.0 // Curve for emission like stock
emission = 0.2 0.4 // Curve for emission like stock
emission = 1.0 1.1 // Curve for emission like stock
energy = 0.0 0.2 // Same for energy
energy = 1.0 3.2 // Same for energy
speed = 0.0 1.0 // And speed
speed = 1.0 0.8 // And speed
grow = 0.0 0.0 // Grow the particles at 0% per seconds ( 0.02 would be 2% )
grow = 1.0 0.11 // Grow the particles at 0% per seconds ( 0.02 would be 2% )
scale = 0.0 1.0 // Rescale the emitters to +0%
scale = 1.0 1.0 // Rescale the emitters to +0%
offset = 0.0 0.0 // Move the particle emitter away from its default position by x meters
offset = 1.0 0.5 // Move the particle emitter away from its default position by x meters
size = 0.0 1.0 // Rescale the particles to +0%
size = 1.0 1.1 // Rescale the particles to +0%

renderMode = "Billboard" // Render mode : Billboard / SortedBillboard / HorizontalBillboard / VerticalBillboard / Stretch
collide = false // Collision active or not
collideRatio = 0 // how the particles react on collision. 1 is a mirror bounce, 0 is go parallel to the hit surface
fixedScale = 1.0 // Fixed rescale of the particle emitter (for when you rescale the model)

sizeClamp = 50 // Limits particle size. Default to 50

// ***************
// From here the value are not the default anymore.
// ***************

angle = 0.0 1.0 // Display if the angle between the emitter transform and camera is lower than 45°
angle = 45.0 1.0
angle = 50.0 1.0
distance = 0.0 1.0 // Display if the distance to camera is higher than 110
distance = 100.0 1.0
distance = 110.0 1.0

emission // Modulate emission from mach and density curve. You can add other section for size, energy, speed, grow, offset and scale
{
mach = 0.0 1.0
mach = 0.8 1.0 // don't display until mach .8
mach = 1.0 1.0
density = 1.0 1.0
density = 0.4 1.0 // don't display over .4 atmo
density = 0.3 1.0
density = 0.002 1.0
density = 0.001 0.0 // and stop under .001
}

Then delete everything after the { after powersmoke and before the closing }, so it looks like this

powersmoke
{
}
}

That will give you all the flame effects, with Squad smoke. If you want this to apply to the engines from the other mods I think you do the same in those files.

That will give you all the flame effects, with Squad smoke. If you want this to apply to the engines from the other mods I think you do the same in those files.

No, you need another particle effect for the squad smoke. add this within the "powersmoke" effect:

PREFAB_PARTICLE

{

prefabName = fx_smokeTrail_veryLarge

transformName = smokePoint

emission = 0.0 0.0

emission = 0.05 0.0

emission = 0.075 0.25

emission = 1.0 1.25

speed = 0.0 0.25

speed = 1.0 1.0

localOffset = 0, 0, 1

}

change the name of the prefab if you want a different squad prefab. If you don't have the flame effect, you deleted something under "powerflame", or have an extra/missing bracket somewhere.

The latest version of module manager is telling me that there is a problem with the MP_Nazari config file. I'm not great on MM configs so I'm not sure what the problem is, but I will say that when I've been bug testing my own stuff I've seen a lot of log entries stating that an effect could not be found - after removing hotrockets both problems go away :(

The latest version of module manager is telling me that there is a problem with the MP_Nazari config file. I'm not great on MM configs so I'm not sure what the problem is, but I will say that when I've been bug testing my own stuff I've seen a lot of log entries stating that an effect could not be found - after removing hotrockets both problems go away :(

I get that error too,when looked @.cfg file, its for SRB that i don't have. so i just deleted the *.cfg. :wink:

I just replaced the one which I had in there, which thread do you mean?

He means you do not want to have two different ModuleManager DLLs anywhere in your GameData folders. This could happen because you have two versions of MM in the same location:

GameData\ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll

GameData\ModuleManager_2_0_3.dll

Or you could install some mod which includes module manager, and does not "properly" install it in GameData:

GameData\SomeModThatRequiresMM\ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll

GameData\ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll

However: do not worry too much about this. I am almost certain that ModuleManager (of any recent version) detects when multiple copies of itself have been loaded and it warns you (at the Main Menu screen).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.