HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement + Tutorial

Nazari1382

Hi, I've been searching the thread for an answer but I'm lost, I just downloaded KW rockets and hated the original effects and I've been looking at HotRockets and finally got it to ease the pain buuuuuuuuuuuuut now don't have ANY effects at all? I read the tutorial and hurt my brain... I looked at the config files, closed it and played Doom and reverted to a child like state.

Do I need to move the config files? Change the paths in them? What did I do wrong?!

It's kinda hard at first. Did you have the paths correct in the config? Also with a very long config, make sure you didn't miss any word or brackets. :P

I've read the whole config for KW and nothing looks out of place, all the paths look like they should work as the relate to the correct parts. I'm at a loss I really am.

A stab in the dark but would running in windowed mod affect it?

So I tried replacing the configs for a few of the Squad engines. And now they don't work. At all. The engines are shrouded, even when there's nothing connected below them, and there is no staging options for the engine.

I don't know what I did wrong.

So I tried replacing the configs for a few of the Squad engines. And now they don't work. At all. The engines are shrouded, even when there's nothing connected below them, and there is no staging options for the engine.

I don't know what I did wrong.

Check the config if you doubled a Module or anything, delete it.

Hi, I've been searching the thread for an answer but I'm lost, I just downloaded KW rockets and hated the original effects and I've been looking at HotRockets and finally got it to ease the pain buuuuuuuuuuuuut now don't have ANY effects at all? I read the tutorial and hurt my brain... I looked at the config files, closed it and played Doom and reverted to a child like state.

Do I need to move the config files? Change the paths in them? What did I do wrong?!

Um... effects for KW Rocketry are included in the newest version. You don't need a tutorial, a config change, a path change, or a name change. Just install everything included in the zip file.

I've read the whole config for KW and nothing looks out of place, all the paths look like they should work as the relate to the correct parts. I'm at a loss I really am.

A stab in the dark but would running in windowed mod affect it?

Make sure you only have 1 ModuleManager *.*.* In your KSP/GameData folder and there isn't any in any other mod folder if you have 2 ModuleManager things can get buggy.

I tried this out last night but the effects really slow down my frame rate and introduce a stutter every 1-2 seconds. I would like to use this mod but the downside is just too much at the moment. Looking forward to when you have the bugs worked out.

Also, it seems incompatible with AtmosphericSoundEnhancement. I hope the two can be made to work together.

P.S. I have collision turned off and it's still kills my FPS.

Edited by mdapol

How? I have both running.

Well when I tried it, the sounds were not affected by speed or vacuum. Is there a special config you use or something? I just installed HotRockets with no modifications.

Well when I tried it, the sounds were not affected by speed or vacuum. Is there a special config you use or something? I just installed HotRockets with no modifications.

I'm guess you do know if the cam is right behind the rocket you can hear it, if you move it to the left or right it will muffle and some spots you can't hear them at all ?

I highly doubt it. The smoke really is a killer to performance, and frankly I want to find out how to turn it off because I don't like it that much.

Maybe try deleting the smokescreen folder in GameData. I think that might help.

I'm guess you do know if the cam is right behind the rocket you can hear it, if you move it to the left or right it will muffle and some spots you can't hear them at all ?

Gosh, you know in playing this game for over 2 years I never moved the camera from directly behind the rocket.....

I put together a KSPX config if anyone's interested. I just resized the HotRockets effects for the small LV-N and PB-ION for their larger versions in KSPX. Not meaning to be presumptuous but if you want to add it to the next version, that's fine with me Nazari. I figure more mod compatibility is always good :)
nice, I'll take a look at it

Did you not like what you saw or is KSPX becoming obsolete? :wink:

At least I cannot see an included config file for it.

Also, are all problems with DRE gone?

My LV-Ns still overheat and blow at >75% thrust.

Edited by KerbMav

kerbmav make sure u have the right .cfg the old ones dont work with dre. more than likely i u are using the one from op then something is moddifying the lv-n messing up the .cfg changes from hotrockets

I tried that and the entire effect went away.

Then maybe try blackhearts suggestion. :)

delete the whole thing below powersmoke {} me thinks. That way you still get the powerflame "blowing with the wind (or at least where you are going)" effect

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.