[1.1.2] [v0.4] Resource Details in Tracking Center

avivey

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I wanted to invite you avivey to a discussion on a mod list I'm testing. Let me know in that thread if you would be interested in helping test other listed mods with yours, or if you already have.

Inigma's KSP Essentials Mod List

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94353-WIP-Inigma-s-KSP-Essentials-Mod-List-%28in-Testing%29

haha - I'll consider it for the next build :)

Maybe I should get back to working on it....

my bad,

I encourage you to rename this to Tracking Center Extensions - in plural, since hopefully this gives this mod a direction to provide different kinds of information extensions such as the text you display now, and hopefully in the future a thumbnail of craft as well. Perhaps TCE will expand to include other Tracking Center "extensions" by you or future developers who pick this project up to either control such objects, or other bits! :D

I'm loving it so far!

For some reason i remember using a mod like this, and then i remember saying thanks to that mods thread...

Now either this one is a different mod, or its the right one but havnt said thanks yet ..:confused:

Anyway thanks! So many ships flying around its a big helper when you need to check things without going back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Any thoughts on integrating this with BackgroundProcessing?

I don't think you'd actually have to integrate it at all, just allow for some type of polling? Right now if you have Resources actively draining/filling from an unloaded ship you have to alternate between clicking on different ships to see a changing resource.

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^^
Thanx Trann... I have a thing for trying to keep old, little-known mods alive, and from disappearing into obscurity... So I'll try to "bump" them if nobody has posted in a long time... lol

Its actually also peaked my interest in learning to 3d model and edit & create config files... I've actually gotten some old parts from obsolete mods to work in 1.0.5 for myself, where configs just needed to be fixed or re-created... :)

I'm kind of surprised with THIS mod...Its such a simple, low hardware resource using mod, and "I" definately find it useful for differentiating between very similar craft in the same SOI, I cant believe more people dont use it... It saves me lots of screen changes switching into/out of craft, trying to find the one I want...Especially since there's the existing problem of supposed crashes due to an accumulation of scene changes in the game, due to garbage collection... I mean theres only SO much info you can put in a craft's name, to differentiate it from another, especially if they are basically of the same "class"...And especially if you havent played recently...Trying to remember which was which...

I DO wish it had a few more features, but....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I really love this mod. It is very helpful!

But: As 1.0 introduced science as a harvestable resource in a lab in space it would be very good to see how much science has build up in the lab.

Can this be easily be integrated ?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm glad there's still some good getting out of this micro-mod!

The current status is like this: I'm waiting for 1.1.

Since 1.1 includes a large UI change, and this mod is mostly UI, I expect I'll need to re-write much of it. 
I'm also not playing KSP until 1.1, because the technical limitations that will finally be solved are a big pain for me.

Once 1.1 is out, and since I can't really play without this mod, I'll update it, and that will (eventually) include harvestable/offline resources.

so.. soon, I hope?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 30.01.2016 at 8:42 PM, avivey said:

Once 1.1 is out, and since I can't really play without this mod, I'll update it, and that will (eventually) include harvestable/offline resources.

so.. soon, I hope?

I've just signed up specially to say "Do it, Do it Nooow"... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.