Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

As far as I know you have to force everything under with thrust.

I will try and find the post but I would advise making a test bed as I am almost certain there are one or two big parts that will simply sink in water.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this wonderful thread about it, the guy tried stuff with the density of collapsed stellar cores lol

No no. That's an ancient post. It was from this year. Some single parts sink on their own. I think it was one of the large size fuel tanks. When empty? try it chaps.

I will try and find the post but I would advise making a test bed as I am almost certain there are one or two big parts that will simply sink in water.

- - - Updated - - -

No no. That's an ancient post. It was from this year. Some single parts sink on their own. I think it was one of the large size fuel tanks. When empty? try it chaps.

I ran a submarine challenge a couple months back, and it was discovered that the Mk. 3 spaceplane to 3m rocket adapter had negative buoyancy when fully fueled. I believe it was Bagel Rabbit that put together a descender that used this technique, though it was very very slow.

I ran a submarine challenge a couple months back, and it was discovered that the Mk. 3 spaceplane to 3m rocket adapter had negative buoyancy when fully fueled. I believe it was Bagel Rabbit that put together a descender that used this technique, though it was very very slow.

Yes , yes that's was it! Thanks man.

Are there any other parts that are supposed to have negative buoyancy besides the Mk3 to 3.75 fuselage adapter? That part is too big to fit on my U-Boat.

I don't really think the part itself would be an issue. The problem is, it's counterbalanced by other parts. Say the adapter has a buoyancy of -1, while every other part has a buoyancy of 20. The submarine still wouldn't sink. You'd need to use parts with neutral buoyancy, and I don't know if those exist. I can't run any tests, though, so somebody should go do some science.

I don't really think the part itself would be an issue. The problem is, it's counterbalanced by other parts. Say the adapter has a buoyancy of -1, while every other part has a buoyancy of 20. The submarine still wouldn't sink. You'd need to use parts with neutral buoyancy, and I don't know if those exist. I can't run any tests, though, so somebody should go do some science.

"looks at Squad"

Hmm... maybe a ballast tank part would be useful... :P

Well, I just got some personal bad news.

My grandfather just passed away. As in, minutes ago.

In my future 1.1 save, the KSS will be named after him.

FYI my grandfather cared for me a lot when I was a kid, so I will miss him dearly.

I'm really sorry man. If you need help, we're here for you.

FYI my grandfather cared for me a lot when I was a kid, so I will miss him dearly.

..Condolences.. That's sorrowful.