Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

Select root is only useful in the editor. Once you launch, the game will pick a command module (crewed over unmanned).

Maybe place a docking port somewhere that isn't angled, then add an action group with "control from here'. Hit that before launch and voila, no more skewed navball.

I used that on my Soyuz, Orion and Uriel, as they all have tilted command pods. You can also do it with probe cores, but you have to select them manually, since they don't have a "control from here" option in the action groups menu

Select root is only useful in the editor. Once you launch, the game will pick a command module (crewed over unmanned).

Maybe place a docking port somewhere that isn't angled, then add an action group with "control from here'. Hit that before launch and voila, no more skewed navball.

I used that on my Soyuz, Orion and Uriel, as they all have tilted command pods. You can also do it with probe cores, but you have to select them manually, since they don't have a "control from here" option in the action groups menu

You are my hero!

Edit: I don't have the option with docking ports either :(

Edited by Gue__1

That looks really great! Nice and smooth. Do the cargo bays clip into the rest of the craft at all? It always irks me when it does that, and it restricts how I build my crafts with cargo bays.

That looks really great! Nice and smooth. Do the cargo bays clip into the rest of the craft at all? It always irks me when it does that, and it restricts how I build my crafts with cargo bays.

Thanks!

Here a gif :) :

tZLqsHo.gif

Prototyping for a Mk 3 cargo lifter, based on some of my earlier Mk2 doubehull designs.

vvOWL6n.png

I'm aware that a biplane design is less efficent- however, it works for my other designs, and I'm trying to maintain a similar form factor and flight characteristics to them:

H7W9UDs.png

Since I cant inline clampotron under a Mk3 cargo bay, however, I've added a nose docking port instead

Guest Space Cowboy

Almost there. I did drop one orange tank off in orbit, but I had accidentally burned a bit of it's fuel thru use of bi propellant steering thrusters.

Latest issue, fuel routing has gone nuts thru various unknown paths likely the wing panels.

I am not in control of fuel routing or even fuel burning. I will have to isolate everything and run hoses manually.

screenshot932_zps6534234c.png

After building the largest KSP shuttle ever, i decided to try going the other way - and it's really hard.

This was a complete failure - 50% of the launches flipped out, 25% had too little thrust, 25% the kerbal fell out midflight.

2iDCZNQ.jpg

After building the largest KSP shuttle ever, i decided to try going the other way - and it's really hard.

This was a complete failure - 50% of the launches flipped out, 25% had too little thrust, 25% the kerbal fell out midflight.

http://i.imgur.com/2iDCZNQ.jpg

Building small isn't as easy as it looks. :wink:

Nice use of the toroidal tanks though.