Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

I am in the process of making a transporter for Vagani and this happened, went to test the structural integrity and one of the buggies completely glitched out the entire save file, can not remove the buggy from the ship and put a new one there, any attempt to move a part duplicates what ever part and the duplicate can not be deleted either lol.

Looking nice though loving the design so far. Starting from the fuel tank again because of this lol, going to leave the buggies till last this time to make sure i do not kill the ship.

1i76664.jpg

Edited by Roflcopterkklol

I am in the process of making a transporter for Vagani and this happened, went to test the structural integrity and one of the buggies completely glitched out the entire save file, can not remove the buggy from the ship and put a new one there, any attempt to move a part duplicates what ever part and the duplicate can not be deleted either lol.

Looking nice though loving the design so far. Starting from the fuel tank again because of this lol, going to leave the buggies till last this time to make sure i do not kill the ship.

http://i.imgur.com/1i76664.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rfpRvB2.jpg

:), you are the second person to report this about the cars making saves corrupt, has to be a problem with ksp not the cars, as they are entirely stock

:), you are the second person to report this about the cars making saves corrupt, has to be a problem with ksp not the cars, as they are entirely stock

yeah i think it is something to do with them being made out of the structural parts, seeing what i can do about fixing it.

It might be a case of re design on your car for it to have less parts man :(

by the way, have just started flight tests on the new transporter, it is at 500+ parts without the buggies, i hope you have a good PC lol

Well i tried but i just could not make Zeus (Yeah i named it Zeus) into a vtol and have it be effective (There is no way anyone is landing Zeus on a planet without an atmosphere ill put it that way lol) so i did the next best thing, now the ATORV is a VTOL.

But Anyway Zeus is nearly complete, the end build is looking like 550+ parts without the vtol/buggies 800+ parts with both of them loaded, there is also room for all the science equipment you could ever ask for if you want to add it.

And she has been through flight testing already, love it.

x5BaNWh.jpg

Edited by Roflcopterkklol

Decided to start working on my somewhat silly Venus mission again.

Finished assembling the hardware in orbit. The whole things weighs a bit over 2000 tonnes and is 140 metres long. The burn time on the transfer stage is 3 hours and 30 minutes, and everything lags to hell. Really hope the lander still works in this patch XD

venusMission.jpg

We have achieved takeoff!

5ICi1Kg.jpg

BvOTHgY.jpg

So I ended up not changing the engine in any way (because landing gear bearings were too bulky and still refused to work), but just added larger wings and made a few other changes. I also strapped a cockpit onto it (for absolutely no reason at all).

When in flight, it can get up to 50 m/s easily. However, the controls are quite finicky, and can still stall if you climb too high.

Edited by Rthsom

Decided to start working on my somewhat silly Venus mission again.

Finished assembling the hardware in orbit. The whole things weighs a bit over 2000 tonnes and is 140 metres long. The burn time on the transfer stage is 3 hours and 30 minutes, and everything lags to hell. Really hope the lander still works in this patch XD

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/venusMission.jpg

Jesus christ, how much Dv do you have with that transfer stage?!

I'm currently making some minor changes to the plane so that it can take off without canards, but it's not easy. Also, I can't thank you guys enough for giving me so much rep! :D

EDIT: 1000th post! Didn't notice until just now!

Edited by Rthsom