HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

OK I'm going to post up an experimental HGRbeta version0.23. This just a rough first attempt at cost balance at a glace, but should at least be serviceable for now. Any and all input to help with figuring out a price point on everything will be helpful. I'll try and tweak things as we go through the weekend, and my plan is to update the main HGR on monday. I'll be at SDCC most of next week so I've got to try and get this out kind of early. Luckily I think things aren't too far off and the changes that will need to be made will likely be minor. *Kod willing*

Here is the download: HGRbetaV0.23experimental

Things to note:

-I've removed the 1.875 to tri 1.25 adapter. It didn't seem that necessary or useful now that there's an appropriate lifting engine for 1.875m parts.

-The new shenzhou style OM and long march themed nosecone are in.

-Fuel tank cost is the same as stock parts that hold the same amount, there's precedents for this in the case of overlapping capacities.

-From initial tests, the Landertron and engine animation plug-ins are still working so I've kept those in. I'll update them when those mod authors do

I think that's everything for now, as always thanks for all the support everybody and let me know how well everything works out in the new career mode.

As a side note, I'd like to know if anyone ends up finding the Radish useful for early game rescue missions. I think that pod might have found another niche it works in.

OK I'm going to post up an experimental HGRbeta version0.23. This just a rough first attempt at cost balance at a glace, but should at least be serviceable for now. Any and all input to help with figuring out a price point on everything will be helpful. I'll try and tweak things as we go through the weekend, and my plan is to update the main HGR on monday. I'll be at SDCC most of next week so I've got to try and get this out kind of early. Luckily I think things aren't too far off and the changes that will need to be made will likely be minor. *Kod willing*

Here is the download: HGRbetaV0.23experimental

Things to note:

-I've removed the 1.875 to tri 1.25 adapter. It didn't seem that necessary or useful now that there's an appropriate lifting engine for 1.875m parts.

-The new shenzhou style OM and long march themed nosecone are in.

-Fuel tank cost is the same as stock parts that hold the same amount, there's precedents for this in the case of overlapping capacities.

-From initial tests, the Landertron and engine animation plug-ins are still working so I've kept those in. I'll update them when those mod authors do

I think that's everything for now, as always thanks for all the support everybody and let me know how well everything works out in the new career mode.

As a side note, I'd like to know if anyone ends up finding the Radish useful for early game rescue missions. I think that pod might have found another niche it works in.

I don't have the new Shen-Soup Orbital Module in this download. EDIT: Seems I installed wrong.

Edited by GregroxMun

Orionkermin, I think it would be interesting to have a structure for 6 mounting wedges of these Universal Storages.

Universal Storage

While it is cool and the author's artwork is beautiful, I just don't have the time to create a whole set of wedges for the 1.875m range. It might be better to just duplicate and scale up their 1.25m versions by an extra 50%.

I've made some tweaks in the experimental build, mostly concerning engines. The 2.5m engines were pretty universally buffed and my engines had pretty much all became worse than the skipper... So that's not the case anymore. The G120 is basically just half a Mainsail now. Since the poodle is finally good, I've gotten rid of the extra node on the G47b to decrease fiddly-ness.

Download: Here or the previous experimental link.

I don't have the new Shen-Soup Orbital Module in this download.

Are you sure? It's under pods since it has a probe core. I also just posted a new build as you were posting your comment.

E: Also Shen-Soup is pretty good, mind if I use it for the example craft file?

Edited by Orionkermin

While it is cool and the author's artwork is beautiful, I just don't have the time to create a whole set of wedges for the 1.875m range. It might be better to just duplicate and scale up their 1.25m versions by an extra 50%.

I've made some tweaks in the experimental build, mostly concerning engines. The 2.5m engines were pretty universally buffed and my engines had pretty much all became worse than the skipper... So that's not the case anymore. The G120 is basically just half a Mainsail now. Since the poodle is finally good, I've gotten rid of the extra node on the G47b to decrease fiddly-ness.

PRAISE_THE_SUN_SONNY%21.png

Pretty sure all you would need for Universal Storage is a core - the wedges are universal. See the current Universal Storage Octocore for an example.

Oh my, looks like I didn't make it clear. Like what CobaltWolf said. What I suggest is only a core part that held those wedges.

from that mod. The 1.25m core held 4. 2.5m one can held 8.

I think making 1.875m core that able to held 6 of those wedge is a good middle ground.

Are you sure? It's under pods since it has a probe core. I also just posted a new build as you were posting your comment.

E: Also Shen-Soup is pretty good, mind if I use it for the example craft file?

I'd be honored if you used it as the example craft file. Also, Turns out I installed incorrectly.

hmm i seem to have a problem, after downloading the new realchutes update, while loading, the loading screen would freeze while loading InlineParachute (the larger one) for HGR...

anyone got a fix besides just removing realchutes or HGR?

hmm i seem to have a problem, after downloading the new realchutes update, while loading, the loading screen would freeze while loading InlineParachute (the larger one) for HGR...

anyone got a fix besides just removing realchutes or HGR?

Same here. And no... I just went with removing the inline chute for now...

So is the small chute working properly then? If that's the case, it's very strange. I'll try to do some testing and see if I can fix it as soon as I can. I might not be able to do it till tonight or tomorrow though unfortunately.

tried that too although it then hadd froze on SDHI's parachutes so i should probably talk with stupid_chris on that...

Yup...

My Inline Large Chute works fine, though I'm not using RealChute.

If you don't have RealChute, you have nothing to worry about.

So is the small chute working properly then? If that's the case, it's very strange. I'll try to do some testing and see if I can fix it as soon as I can. I might not be able to do it till tonight or tomorrow though unfortunately.

No, any parachute using the old RealChute code will not load (and freeze the game) unless specifically updated to the new version of RealChute.

In theory the following code should fix the parachutes to work with the new version of realchute, it's basically just the config used to patch the stock chutes edited with a couple of the figures for the HGR realchute config (deployed diameter mainly).

Haven't actually tested it yet but it should work, just replace the existing code in the realchuteWIP.cfg file with this:

@PART[InLineChute]:AFTER[RealChute]:NEEDS[RealChute]
{

maximum_drag = 0.32

!MODULE[ModuleParachute]{}

MODULE
{
name = RealChuteModule
caseMass = 0.3
timer = 0
mustGoDown = false
cutSpeed = 0.5
spareChutes = 5

PARACHUTE
{
material = Nylon
preDeployedDiameter = 2
deployedDiameter = 40
minIsPressure = true
minPressure = 0.01
deploymentAlt = 700
cutAlt = -1
preDeploymentSpeed = 2
deploymentSpeed = 6
preDeploymentAnimation = semiDeployLarge
deploymentAnimation = fullyDeployLarge
parachuteName = canopy
capName = cap
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

EFFECTS
{
rcpredeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_parachute_open
volume = 1
}
}

rcdeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_parachute_single
volume = 1
}
}

rccut
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_cut
volume = 1
}
}

rcrepack
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_repack
volume = 1
}
}
}
}

@PART[InLineChuteSmall]:AFTER[RealChute]:NEEDS[RealChute]
{

maximum_drag = 0.32

MODULE
{
name = RealChuteModule
caseMass = 0.1
timer = 0
mustGoDown = false
cutSpeed = 0.5
spareChutes = 5

PARACHUTE
{
material = Nylon
preDeployedDiameter = 1
deployedDiameter = 25
minIsPressure = true
minPressure = 0.01
deploymentAlt = 700
cutAlt = -1
preDeploymentSpeed = 2
deploymentSpeed = 6
preDeploymentAnimation = semiDeploySmall
deploymentAnimation = fullyDeploySmall
parachuteName = canopy
capName = cap
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
}

EFFECTS
{
rcpredeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rcdeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rccut
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rcrepack
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}
}
}

In theory the following code should fix the parachutes to work with the new version of realchute, it's basically just the config used to patch the stock chutes edited with a couple of the figures for the HGR realchute config (deployed diameter mainly).

Haven't actually tested it yet but it should work, just replace the existing code in the realchuteWIP.cfg file with this:

I was just getting around to doing this myself. Thanks!

Really stumped on what the issue is, literally copied and pasted the code used by the realchute module manager files to patch the stock chutes with realchutes and it turns the HGR chute/decoupler into..well a decoupler.

Really stumped on what the issue is, literally copied and pasted the code used by the realchute module manager files to patch the stock chutes with realchutes and it turns the HGR chute/decoupler into..well a decoupler.

Hmmm... Considering the HGR chutes are also decouplers, it might be some sort of interference between the modules...

Ok I think I got the realchute.cfg working. I updated the DL, but I'll post up what I have as well. Seems to be working so far.

@PART[InLineChute]:AFTER[RealChute]:NEEDS[RealChute]
{

maximum_drag = 0.32

MODULE
{
name = RealChuteModule
caseMass = 0.3
timer = 0
mustGoDown = false
cutSpeed = 0.5
spareChutes = 5

PARACHUTE
{
material = Nylon
preDeployedDiameter = 2
deployedDiameter = 50
minIsPressure = true
minPressure = 0.01
deploymentAlt = 700
cutAlt = -1
preDeploymentSpeed = 2
deploymentSpeed = 6
preDeploymentAnimation = semiDeploy
deploymentAnimation = fullDeploy
parachuteName = canopy
capName = Cap
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
}

EFFECTS
{
rcpredeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rcdeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rccut
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rcrepack
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}
}
}

@PART[InLineChuteSmall]:AFTER[RealChute]:NEEDS[RealChute]
{

maximum_drag = 0.32

MODULE
{
name = RealChuteModule
caseMass = 0.1
timer = 0
mustGoDown = false
cutSpeed = 0.5
spareChutes = 5

PARACHUTE
{
material = Nylon
preDeployedDiameter = 1
deployedDiameter = 25
minIsPressure = true
minPressure = 0.01
deploymentAlt = 700
cutAlt = -1
preDeploymentSpeed = 2
deploymentSpeed = 6
preDeploymentAnimation = semiDeploy
deploymentAnimation = fullyDeploy
parachuteName = Canopy
capName = cap
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
}

EFFECTS
{
rcpredeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rcdeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rccut
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}

rcrepack
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
volume = 1
}
}
}
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.