Science of the Spheres - development

NovaSilisko

Merged into the existing thread for this game, with some off-topic posts removed. Please confine discussion to the subject of the thread.

Sorry about that.

Anyways, I think that Nova made an okay game.

Interesting. I just gave it a try and managed to land on gently crash into this thingy. From your description it sounds like a pretty cool concept, I'm curious to see where you go with it :) I'll have to play around some more later and figure out why the camera was constantly spinning on external view. It's probably not anything you did, my computer has randomly done that in KSP too.

SS-2014-7-15-23h-17m-50s.png~original

Interesting. I just gave it a try and managed to land on gently crash into this thingy. From your description it sounds like a pretty cool concept, I'm curious to see where you go with it :) I'll have to play around some more later and figure out why the camera was constantly spinning on external view. It's probably not anything you did, my computer has randomly done that in KSP too.

Do you have a joystick installed? I disconnected mine and the camera stopped spinning. It might also be a random glitch, though, so try restarting your computer.

Yeah, it's an annoying problem with unity's input system... unsure how it can be fixed, though for the moment there's only keyboard support in the main game, so it's not worth worrying about just yet.

Forgot to show a picture of the mostly completed lander. I will disappointed if the construction system can't be made flexible enough to build things like this in the end

M7t66Rf.png

Edited by NovaSilisko

So i played this game called "Science Of The Spheres", i forgot the name, i think it was made by some guy called Nova.

Anyway, you're piloting a little lander-probe through another universe. This universe gets its name from it's own incredible smallness. (The entire universe is just 0.1 light-years across, and the planets are 150 meters!)

Anyway, i took some screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/yMzdE#0

But yeah, It's in alpha.

Nova is NovaSilisko, former dev of Kerbal.

- - - Updated - - -

Constructing a new debug spacecraft that's better than a cube with some solar panels. Using whatever models I have lying around to get a general idea for the feel of the final vehicles...

JlvyBDn.png

Nice! Is that a mini-NERVA?

Nice RTG... I've also noticed a distinct lack of stars

Edit: I meant as in the skybox has no stars

No stars visible as it's just in the editor view. The ship cameras have stars. Need to write a system eventually to dim the stars as a planet or nearby star is in view.

W... What happened to the terrain gen? :(

It's just a smooth patch of the planet. There are a few divots and canyon things outside the view of the camera. The big planet in the distance is covered in ocean.

PS:

ZsHlrA3.png

PPS:

justneedsomedwarves.gif

Edited by NovaSilisko

Lava tides/waves don't really make sense in a universe where gravity is static.

There would be tides, just unchanging ones. The sphere of liquid would be slightly distended. Waves don't have to be caused by tidal forces though here, there would be a lot of convection going on, as well as perhaps some manner of direct effect from the proximity of the sun. Lava planets will need boiling atmospheres too from outgassing of the melted rocks.

edit: I do agree the waves are too vigorous, I've greatly reduced the deformation and made it a lot more subtle now. Looks better.

Edited by NovaSilisko

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.