[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

If you are allowing people to request names, the only fitting name I can think of is The Helldiver. (See what I did there)

I'ts fitting.

Great idea.

However, lets keep with four more names from Britannia's HMS fleet.

Btw, I do like the names. Or the ability to name my own.

Helldiver...Great work! Thank you.

Edited by Meridius

Quick Update

http://imgur.com/a/mKnkJ

-Work continues

-Landing gear got super complicated, but it's all done!

-All animations done.

-3D mesh of exterior is about 80% complete.

-All features finalized. No more additions, so please don't message me with suggestions.

Features

-Mundoor. That's the doors you see just behind the cockpit.

-Cargo Bay space 10% longer than previous pictures (the cargo bay was lengthened).

-Larger V-tail stabilizers. RCS built into the blocks in the rear.

-Kerbals sit high, cockpit panel is low and thin, think SST cab to get a rough idea.

-2 Kerbals on flight deck

-6 Kerbals on crew deck

-Cockpit is all digital and fully integrated. Will not have as many RPM MFDs as the KSO.

-FMC will be functional and will run RPM as you're used to from the KSO.

-Two center MFDs will not run RPM. They will instead be the aircraft's EIFAS and EICAS.

The new shuttle is looking great! I am very excited for it. It's nice to hear that it'll have better visibility in the cockpit. Regarding everyone mentioning name requests, if the "second flag" plugin isn't possible, can I request we just forgo a named EWBCL and just ship it with a blank texture? I feel it's impossible to please everyone here and those that want a specific name enough will learn to do it themselves or request help from those that can. Just my two cents. Thanks again to you and Nazari for all the excellent work you have both accomplished and I look forward to seeing her in-game.

Gonna have to get used to landing this thing...had it flip around to face retro during the stressful part of a reentry...and that's not something you can recover from... No payload either. Most of the fuel burned... Probably just came in too steep. Wonder if MechJeb can be used at all to plan landings with this thing.

You actually have to pay for a typeface? What the heck, world. I'm looking up alternatives and right now Arial looks like a good alternative.

In this post Helldiver talks about the font he used (helvetica) and a free alternative (Arial Bold 24). So you're on the right track.

Helvetica is the correct font used by NASA.

The KSO uses Arial Bold 24

I decided to take more in-progress shots since you guys have been awesome!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

-Removed the "boatish" look of the front lower half of the fuselage. I didn't like the look.

-Made the KSO Super 25 look Sportier and slightly more aerodynamic. Matches the previous KSO a bit better.

-Completed the detailing of the Cargo bay. I'm keeping it simple.

-Completed the detailing of the mun-door bay.

-Still have actuators and struts on the control surfaces to do. Must do one final review with Nazari regarding splitting. If I do end up splitting the rear end off, I'd have to do some minor modeling for the bulkheads you'd see while in the VAB.

Aside from the that, the 3D model is about 90% finished. Once those things are out of the way, it's on to UVW mapping, Normal Map generation, and texturing. The fun part :D

Will the body flap work? It'd be nice to see it implemented either as an actual flap or a control surface.

The one under the engine? Works on the original KSO...

New desktop wallpaper for me :D

agZzLpV.png

Edited by Green Skull
Add pic

http://imgur.com/a/HnNkw

-Removed the "boatish" look of the front lower half of the fuselage. I didn't like the look.

-Made the KSO Super 25 look Sportier and slightly more aerodynamic. Matches the previous KSO a bit better.

-Still have actuators and struts on the control surfaces to do. Must do one final review with Nazari regarding splitting. If I do end up splitting the rear end off, I'd have to do some minor modeling for the bulkheads you'd see while in the VAB.

Aside from the that, the 3D model is about 90% finished. Once those things are out of the way, it's on to UVW mapping, Normal Map generation, and texturing. The fun part :D

Could You show a side-by-side comparison to the regular KSO?

http://imgur.com/a/HnNkw

Wow. You actually made dual wheels work ingame. Many (including bac9) have said it cant be done. I cant imagine how much blood sweat and tears went into those.:P

I really like the new slightly bigger mini shuttle too.

Those landing gear are amazing. The trucks are looking great. I really like the built-in docking port too. Is the Mun doors going to open like the stock inline port or more like a set of elevator doors where they slide apart? Because that would look badass.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

http://i.imgur.com/yo7mJBn.png

Any idea what this line is? I was trying to name the KSO (Legendary) through the blank version and this line appeared. Any idea what's going on?

Off the top of my head, I'd say it might be compression issues. Make sure that your image editor doesn't compress the image any. What programme are you using?

Off the top of my head, I'd say it might be compression issues. Make sure that your image editor doesn't compress the image any. What programme are you using?

I use gimp for everything. I'm guessing I have to redo it but uncheck RLA compression.

Any idea what this line is? I was trying to name the KSO (Legendary) through the blank version and this line appeared. Any idea what's going on?

It kinda looks like you may have accidentally rotated the texture. When you rotated the text layer, was the chain icon checked over on the layer toolbar? Because that'll tie those layers together and rotate them together, as opposed to independently.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

Wow. You actually made dual wheels work ingame. Many (including bac9) have said it cant be done. I cant imagine how much blood sweat and tears went into those.:P

I really like the new slightly bigger mini shuttle too.

Bac9 didn't say that it couldn't be done. He said that it couldn't be done and still have them behave as multiple wheels - no matter how many wheels you stuffed into a single model, it would only act as one wheel in-game due to Unity's wheel handling. Or was it KSPs wheel handling? Anyway, it's hardcoded. So my guess is that even though those landing gears look like multiple wheels, they'll behave exactly the same as if they were single-wheeled. Also, note that they're not in the game yet. If blood, sweat and tears will be needed at all, it's probably going to happen when those wheels get imported into Unity and KSP.

That comes from how textures are wrapped on models. Obviously, texture is "glued" together on the top of the cockpit. Near the pixels that are mapped to the top of cockpit must be some green/yellow pixels that are mapped to some different part of the orbiter. Because you use very low texture resolution pixels from those two regions on texture get merged together.

Hey guys just downloaded this mod today. Do we need the modulemanager.DLL for this to work? also can i create a KOS folder inside the gamedata and move all KOS and plugin contents inside it. Just to keep all the mod pieces together in one folder. trying to clean up my gamedata folder a little.