[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

hello all a question about kso (i was searching about it but with no luck)

soo what happens i start the game (fresh) career mode and the big trio is there (nothing wrong there) but whenever i add kso cockpit in the VAB or SPH it somehow "auto" hires additional crew to fill up the seats in the kso cockpit (although i did not go to astronaut complex and hire additional crew ,they are somehow added automatically) can any one help me out on how to stop this behavior its getting pretty cramped up with all the additional crew members being auto hired

thx

The orbiters both have room for 6 Kerbals and the game will try to fill those unto its own death. Change a part on the vessel? Autofill. Re-open the craft file in the VAB/SPH? Autofill. The behavior definitely needs to be fixed, but until the developers deal with it we have to accept the automatic hiring of extra crew members.

I posted a link to your post in this thread, we definitely need improved crew management.

Edited by OrbitusII

The orbiters both have room for 6 Kerbals and the game will try to fill those unto its own death. Change a part on the vessel? Autofill. Re-open the craft file in the VAB/SPH? Autofill. The behavior definitely needs to be fixed, but until the developers deal with it we have to accept the automatic hiring of extra crew members.

I posted a link to your post in this thread, we definitely need improved crew management.

thx man didn't know there is a whole tread to this problem guess will have to wait till squad figures something out :D

I've been messing around with KerbTrack today(as well as installing phase 4... I've been away) and I've got to say... HellDiver, you made some great models. I've just been looking at everything in the KSO again and having a great time.

And tossed this thing together.

64bit with no texture management

No yea I mentioned before that there are ways to get a robotic arm on the KSO's, however, Romfarers stuff is growing increasingly out of date with each release, and they are huge so it takes some tweaking to get them down to size. I have used the IR arm and it works however its bulky takes up quite alot of room in the cargo bay because of the attachment point. I was just saying that the work you guys do, I think you would do an incredible arm that would round out the KSO and the pack in general. Because like I said it could be extremely versitile, for base building or attaching to a rover or to release the rover. I mean I know you guys would make it versatile because most of the parts in this pack can be used for 20 different things. I honestly don't think it would be a one use thing. It would be incredibly versatile and useful in building bases. You land to far away, get the rover attach the arm and drive it to where it has to go. You want to deploy the rover from a cargo bay use the arm, building a station and you don't want to use the tug use the arm, servicing the cactye telescope, i mean it adds a whole new dimension to the game if its done properly and if there are any modders out there that could do it I know you guys could do it properly and make it versatile. I mean think about it, it could be a modular arm that could be configured in different ways for different purposes. That all being said, as I said this isn't a request it is merely a suggestion and something you guys should think about if you ever come back to doing stuff for KSO. I mean the hours you guys put in to it, you probably just want to move on to different things. I totally get that and I wont even be remotely upset if you ignore the suggestion completely. Im just saying it would be really cool and you guys could totally do it right.

Has it come to this? Do we have to post long excuses along with our suggestions to avoid being branded as ungrateful and entitled? This forum is kind sick. People should be able to make suggestions (as long as they don't harass add-on authors about them) without fear.

Has it come to this? Do we have to post long excuses along with our suggestions to avoid being branded as ungrateful and entitled? This forum is kind sick. People should be able to make suggestions (as long as they don't harass add-on authors about them) without fear.

Well I for one am ready to don my pitchfork! :P

Seriously, though, I don't know why he gave a lengthy explanation. The robotic arm has been a suggestion from the very start of phase 1. And there's been great suggestions in this thread on how to get current robot arm mods to work with these shuttles. However, I'm sure if Helldiver wanted to make one, he'd make one. His solution to station building is the Tug. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure nobody was branding anybody. It was only pointed out that Helldiver has previously mentioned no immediate plans for future phases of the KSOS and that he's currently working on a game with Orbit.

Any issues crop up with KSO on 0.25?
I'm wondering this also.

Short answer: if you get the updated plugins, you'll probably be fine. I'll need to do some testing to make sure, but I think it should be OK.

Also, I threw together a pretty long blog post explaining a fair bit of the situation with robotic arms and our game. Just 'cuz, you know?

LINKTASTIC

Seriously, it's a freaking long blog post. I should have spent that time working on the English paper that's due tomorrow... Check that out if you're interested in the robots situation or the game and aren't afraid of walls of text. Speaking of the game, I just lost it... :troll:

Short answer: if you get the updated plugins, you'll probably be fine. I'll need to do some testing to make sure, but I think it should be OK.

Also, I threw together a pretty long blog post explaining a fair bit of the situation with robotic arms and our game. Just 'cuz, you know?

LINKTASTIC

Seriously, it's a freaking long blog post. I should have spent that time working on the English paper that's due tomorrow... Check that out if you're interested in the robots situation or the game and aren't afraid of walls of text. Speaking of the game, I just lost it... :troll:

It's cool to see progress on the game. I was curious about one thing in your blog post though: is that really Helldiver's twitch stream? I only ask because I thought he was "fanbus" on twitch. The one you got linked is "kerbalfoundries."

Nice to see that the KSOS is doing fine with .25. I appreciate all the hard work you guys did with it; and wish I could pick Helldiver's brain on his art skills while I try to improve my own. BTW, that KSOS mod kit is fabulous! I downloaded it and am using it as a reference guide to making a payload for the KSOS. Here's a quick look at my attempt at making something stock-ish:

5BPY1xO.jpg

The textured payload is sized for the Super 25 but you can see that I'm using the reference parts to get a sense of building a module for the KSOS. I'm almost done with the coding work on the mod, and once done I'll finish up the artwork. I'm aiming for a stock-ish look for the Super 25 payload and a more KSOS feel for the smaller shuttle. Well, that's the goal... :)

LINKTASTIC

Thanks for the post Orbit. I have to say that game already looks cool. I cant wait. I'll be around if you need help testing it, as I think i recall Helldiver saying something about porting the current testers over when the time came.

It's cool to see progress on the game. I was curious about one thing in your blog post though: is that really Helldiver's twitch stream? I only ask because I thought he was "fanbus" on twitch. The one you got linked is "kerbalfoundries."

Blast, you're right! I'll try to fix that. Apparently I'm not following him on twitch (which may be the cause of the mix-up) so I will remedy that ASAP.

Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'll continue providing updates via my blog as things develop.

any plans for a shuttle-C or breadbox version of these?

As I mentioned in the blog post (link again) it's primarily up to the community if you want to see more parts/expansions for the KSOS mod. The blog post has a link to the KSOS Modder's Kit if you want to make your own stuff to use with the orbiters.

@Angel-125 that looks great! I'd love to see some the results when you're done!

It would be really cool to put together a community KSOS expansion thread if there's enough people with contributions... We'll see about that in the future, I suppose!

Edited by OrbitusII

As I mentioned in the blog post (link again) it's primarily up to the community if you want to see more parts/expansions for the KSOS mod. The blog post has a link to the KSOS Modder's Kit if you want to make your own stuff to use with the orbiters.

@Angel-125 that looks great! I'd love to see some the results when you're done!

Thanks! I'll post again when I've finished up the meshes. For the curious, here's another peek at this new module and the direction I'm going with it:

JZBCnYW.jpg

It's a variant module (well, module and base unit) for the MKS/OKS system by RoverDude. My earlier experiments with deploying the MKS from the Super 25 showed me that the MKS modules were too big for the shuttle, so I am working on a more compact variant. But it's more than that; rather than clutter the parts catalog, the mod I wrote lets you change the decals on the part and swap out the modules as well. It's like a mini Module Manager that you can control. It works for the existing MKS/OKS 3D meshes too.

It would be really cool to put together a community KSOS expansion thread if there's enough people with contributions... We'll see about that in the future, I suppose!

Dibs on Shuttle-C, maybe I can build something that works with the KSOS thrust section. :)

Are there more vehicles planned to come? Like Paramedic or Pickup or something like that?

I suppose this is life, then... There are no more vehicles officially planned. Please read the blog post at the top of this page for some of the reason why.

Helldiver, will you update kso mini shuttle to 0.25? please

I'll make sure he knows that the packages need updating to the 0.25 plugins. Until then, you should be able to find the updated plugins via Google.

I can't find Firespitter .25

I might try it with the current version of Firespitter then. If there's issues you can post them on that thread. 0.25 was just released yesterday so it might be asking too much for updated plugins this early.

I might try it with the current version of Firespitter then. If there's issues you can post them on that thread. 0.25 was just released yesterday so it might be asking too much for updated plugins this early.

Also, KSOS will probably not be updated until all its dependencies are updated to 0.25. So that includes Firespitter, Klockheed_Martian, Raster Prop Monitor, Smokescreen. etc. It's just impractical for anyone to assume this would happen one day after 0.25's release. It's not like mod authors have access to KSP preview builds for testing/updating prior to their official release. So in short, everyone's just going to need to be patient for an official 0.25 release of KSOS.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF