[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

I finally tried using the config and after loading the craft file the wings were shifted to the left. I took them off and put them on again but the ship was tumbling out of control during reentry. Don't know if the lift of the wings is somehow off or if it's still the old problem with the cargo bay. ;.;

It's probably the latter, but the whole reason for the rearrangement of of the wings and their attachment points was to work around the cargo bay bug.

It's easy to verify though, do the wings display as shielded or not? (I forget since I don't use FAR anymore but I *think* you have to enable the displaying of shielded status. I think it was relegated to being a debug function)

This would be easy to fix on FAR's side btw. Just add attachment node exemption to cargo bay and fairing code. Then the KSO's FARCargoBayModule would add the attachment nodes it needs exempting to its configuration. I doubt Ferram would implement something like that though.

Edit: BTW (shameless plug mode) there is a drag alternative in my signature that KSO doesn't require special craft breaking modifications for ;)

Edited by Starwaster

It's probably the latter, but the whole reason for the rearrangement of of the wings and their attachment points was to work around the cargo bay bug.

It's easy to verify though, do the wings display as shielded or not? (I forget since I don't use FAR anymore but I *think* you have to enable the displaying of shielded status. I think it was relegated to being a debug function)

This would be easy to fix on FAR's side btw. Just add attachment node exemption to cargo bay and fairing code. Then the KSO's FARCargoBayModule would add the attachment nodes it needs exempting to its configuration. I doubt Ferram would implement something like that though.

Edit: BTW (shameless plug mode) there is a drag alternative in my signature that KSO doesn't require special craft breaking modifications for ;)

Pretty much this. But I found that N.E.A.R + B9 airbrakes works wonders. I use N.E.A.R + the Space plane MM patch FREEMANstinq wrote.

Here are the configs just do the same to them as you did the FAR patch. But I must recommend B9 airbrakes, even if you don't want the whole pack just install and delete everything EXCEPT B9_Aerospace\Parts\Aero_AirBrake_Surface.

Left

{
@MODEL
{
position = 0,-3.25,0
}
@node_stack_top = -0.09045, -1.40075, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 2
@node_stack_bottom = -2.2, -6.038, -0.03, 0, -1, 0, 2
// @node_stack_top = -0.09045, 1.84925, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 2
// @node_stack_bottom = -2.2, -2.7880, -0.03, 0, -1, 0, 2
}
@PART[super25wingLkso]

Right

{
@MODEL
{
position = 0,-3.25,0
}
@node_stack_top = 0.09045, -1.40075, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 2
@node_stack_bottom = 2.2, -6.038, -0.03, 0, -1, 0, 2
// @node_stack_top = 0.09045, 1.84925, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 2
// @node_stack_bottom = 2.2, -2.7880, -0.03, 0, -1, 0, 2
}
@PART[super25wingRkso]

Edited for grammatical errors and spoilerification.

Edited by Woodstar

Pretty much this. But I found that N.E.A.R + B9 airbrakes works wonders. I use N.E.A.R + the Space plane MM patch one user worte.

Here are the configs just do the same to them as you did the FAR patch. But I must recommend B9 airbrakes, even if you don't want the whole pack just install and delete everything EXCEPT B9_Aerospace\Parts\Aero_AirBrake_Surface.

Left

{
@MODEL
{
position = 0,-3.25,0
}
}
@PART[super25wingLkso]

Right

{
@MODEL
{
position = 0,-3.25,0
}
}
@PART[super25wingRkso]

Edited for grammatical errors

Oh yes definitely, the B9 Airbrakes. Putting some on the tail (on the fins) to increase the torque will help keep the nose up, for those having trouble in that area. (best to assign action groups to these which raise/lower them incrementally in addition to the brake key which just toggles them)

OK, How do I Spoilerfie a post? LOL!

Use the

tags. For example:

[noparse]

[/noparse]Stuff that goes inside the spoiler, like this gif from Nichijou

[noparse]hLyeh2D.gif[/noparse][noparse]

[/noparse]

Turns into:

Stuff that goes inside the spoiler, like this gif from Nichijou

hLyeh2D.gif

Sorry, I simply couldn't resist.

Use the

tags. For example:

[noparse]

[/noparse]Stuff that goes inside the spoiler, like this gif from Nichijou

[noparse]http://i.imgur.com/hLyeh2D.gif[/noparse][noparse]

[/noparse]

Turns into:

Stuff that goes inside the spoiler, like this gif from Nichijou

http://i.imgur.com/hLyeh2D.gif

Sorry, I simply couldn't resist.

LOL ok now how do you put the spoiler tags without it.... OOOOOooooooh, noparse.

Huh, even I learned something new today.

;)

Pretty much this. But I found that N.E.A.R + B9 airbrakes works wonders. I use N.E.A.R + the Space plane MM patch one user worte.

Left

{
@MODEL
{
position = 0,-3.25,0
}
}
@PART[super25wingLkso]

Right

{
@MODEL
{
position = 0,-3.25,0
}
}
@PART[super25wingRkso]

Edited for grammatical errors and spoilerification.

I've actually updated that space plane patch since that version and made one for the original KSO too. You can find the link to the thread post in my signature.

Why are the wheels such a pain to use? When, after 10 flights testing various ways of rotating wheels, the coach finally worked, I had to experiment with locking the steering. Also, why is the chassis an engine when the wheels provide movement?

Ok I found the thing about orienting the wheels according to a tiny almost invisible mark on the wheels.

Edited by Javster

Ive been running 4.8 for awhile now or an earlier version with the vehicles but when I update to 4.9 the whole pack I cant get past the load part screen it stops at: kso/parts/kmwhelirotortailkso/kmwhelirotortailkso. Ive even tried on a stock game with no mods other then this. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Just did a polar launch in the KSO for the first time, I have to say it does not have much crossrange capability, although that might just be because of the stock aerodynamics. The fact that KSP doesn't have a north-south runway didn't help either. After several attempts to get the orbit aligned just right, I managed to put it down 20 km short of the runway, it ran out of glidespeed when I turned west for my approach. I did manage to put it down intact though, which for me is hard enough on a normal approach. I hope the issue with the cars is sorted soon, they look cool.

One change I'd suggest, now that funds matter is to reduce the cost of the EFTs, they're currently the single most expensive components of a launch, and if we go by the STS model, they're the only part that's not reused.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

I have been using KSO for a very long time. I have been playing since before the station parts were uploaded for the first time. There are very few mods like KSO, that I just come back to time and time again. I know it has been requested probably hundreds of times by now but I really think its time to consider a "Kanada Arm". I love the station tug it has many uses and it works really well. But honestly orbital construction with a shuttle requires an arm. So the tug works for nearly everything except for a truss system if you are trying to go for an ISS style station. I think an arm really rounds out and completes the shuttle. Now I know how much work and effort you put into everything you make so I understand any reason you might give to not build an arm. I have also used the IR arm that someone put together a long time ago and I know there are ways to scale down the current arms. I just figured you could make one that works properly with the KSO's. It could be versatile, from repairing and servicing the Cactye with a kerbal attached to the end, building a station, or putting the arm on a station like the ISS. It could be used for deployment of your rover and it could be used for the building of bases. To me it just makes sense to have a robotic arm. Any way thats just my 10 cents, again I understand any reason you might have for not making one. You have created a wonderful pack and honestly there is nothing wrong with it, I was just suggesting it because I think its one of the very few things missing from this pack.

One last thing cant you make the station parts TAC compatible? The ugly hex cans on the side of your wonderful parts just don't mix.

I have been using KSO for a very long time. I have been playing since before the station parts were uploaded for the first time. There are very few mods like KSO, that I just come back to time and time again. I know it has been requested probably hundreds of times by now but I really think its time to consider a "Kanada Arm". I love the station tug it has many uses and it works really well. But honestly orbital construction with a shuttle requires an arm. So the tug works for nearly everything except for a truss system if you are trying to go for an ISS style station. I think an arm really rounds out and completes the shuttle. Now I know how much work and effort you put into everything you make so I understand any reason you might give to not build an arm. I have also used the IR arm that someone put together a long time ago and I know there are ways to scale down the current arms. I just figured you could make one that works properly with the KSO's. It could be versatile, from repairing and servicing the Cactye with a kerbal attached to the end, building a station, or putting the arm on a station like the ISS. It could be used for deployment of your rover and it could be used for the building of bases. To me it just makes sense to have a robotic arm. Any way thats just my 10 cents, again I understand any reason you might have for not making one. You have created a wonderful pack and honestly there is nothing wrong with it, I was just suggesting it because I think its one of the very few things missing from this pack.

One last thing cant you make the station parts TAC compatible? The ugly hex cans on the side of your wonderful parts just don't mix.

It's actually easy to add TAC-LS using module manager configurations. Here is an example:

KSO_KerbaLab

@PART[KSO_KerbaLab]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]

{

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Food

amount = 11.7

maxAmount = 11.7

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Water

amount = 7.7

maxAmount = 7.7

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 1194.4

maxAmount = 1194.4

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 0

maxAmount = 191.825

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Waste

amount = 0

maxAmount = 0.2

}

RESOURCE

{

name = WasteWater

amount = 0

maxAmount = 1.847

}

}

If you look into the part config files you can create configs for the other modules.

Having a very strange problem with the cupola, The IVA wont show up. What i mean is the laptops are there but the walls are missing?? I am not missing any files apart from stuff for other parts. I seem to have all the files for the cupola

Please see this post for info on future updates. Also, a quick note on that: my schedule is very full so we haven't had the chance to make significant progress. Helldiver is still working on art assets as far as I'm aware, but I haven't had much time to dedicate to the code side of things.

Having a very strange problem with the cupola, The IVA wont show up. What i mean is the laptops are there but the walls are missing?? I am not missing any files apart from stuff for other parts. I seem to have all the files for the cupola

Are there any errors showing up in the Alt+F2 menu when you switch to IVA? Also check your KSP.log file to make sure everything is importing into KSP.

Edited by OrbitusII

Please see this post for info on future updates. Also, a quick note on that: my schedule is very full so we haven't had the chance to make significant progress. Helldiver is still working on art assets as far as I'm aware, but I haven't had much time to dedicate to the code side of things.

Are there any errors showing up in the Alt+F2 menu when you switch to IVA? Also check your KSP.log file to make sure everything is importing into KSP.

No no don't misconstrue what I was saying. I know a lot of players on here can be demanding and make outlandish requests expecting it to be done. It really was just a suggestion. Something to round out the pack or if you guys ever decided to swing back and add stuff, a robotic arm should be something to consider. I know you guys are busy doing other things. Like I just said it was me putting my 2 cents in.

No no don't misconstrue what I was saying. I know a lot of players on here can be demanding and make outlandish requests expecting it to be done. It really was just a suggestion. Something to round out the pack or if you guys ever decided to swing back and add stuff, a robotic arm should be something to consider. I know you guys are busy doing other things. Like I just said it was me putting my 2 cents in.

Fair enough. Just making sure that everyone knows that there won't be any major updates for a while. I know the Lazor mod had some robotic arms (they're really big though) and DROMOMAN allows you to design your own using Infernal Robotics. Might wanna take a look at those.

Fair enough. Just making sure that everyone knows that there won't be any major updates for a while. I know the Lazor mod had some robotic arms (they're really big though) and DROMOMAN allows you to design your own using Infernal Robotics. Might wanna take a look at those.

No yea I mentioned before that there are ways to get a robotic arm on the KSO's, however, Romfarers stuff is growing increasingly out of date with each release, and they are huge so it takes some tweaking to get them down to size. I have used the IR arm and it works however its bulky takes up quite alot of room in the cargo bay because of the attachment point. I was just saying that the work you guys do, I think you would do an incredible arm that would round out the KSO and the pack in general. Because like I said it could be extremely versitile, for base building or attaching to a rover or to release the rover. I mean I know you guys would make it versatile because most of the parts in this pack can be used for 20 different things. I honestly don't think it would be a one use thing. It would be incredibly versatile and useful in building bases. You land to far away, get the rover attach the arm and drive it to where it has to go. You want to deploy the rover from a cargo bay use the arm, building a station and you don't want to use the tug use the arm, servicing the cactye telescope, i mean it adds a whole new dimension to the game if its done properly and if there are any modders out there that could do it I know you guys could do it properly and make it versatile. I mean think about it, it could be a modular arm that could be configured in different ways for different purposes. That all being said, as I said this isn't a request it is merely a suggestion and something you guys should think about if you ever come back to doing stuff for KSO. I mean the hours you guys put in to it, you probably just want to move on to different things. I totally get that and I wont even be remotely upset if you ignore the suggestion completely. Im just saying it would be really cool and you guys could totally do it right.

First try with phase 4.

How do i fly helicopter? I cant controll it properly using controlls i use to fly plane..

And why my rover ends up like this? Are arrows drawn on inside of wheels supposed to go up or front?

peaE5qf.png

First try with phase 4.

How do i fly helicopter? I cant controll it properly using controlls i use to fly plane..

And why my rover ends up like this? Are arrows drawn on inside of wheels supposed to go up or front?

http://i.imgur.com/peaE5qf.png

- See this post about phase 4 vehicle wheels.

- Regarding the helicopter: it's not a plane. So don't fly it like a plane. It kind of flies like a VTOL though, so if you can fly one of those you'll adapt pretty well. Otherwise, practice makes perfect. Only real caveat is the vertical speed is really sensitive so go easy on throttle changes, especially if you're trying to land or hover.

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

hello all a question about kso (i was searching about it but with no luck)

soo what happens i start the game (fresh) career mode and the big trio is there (nothing wrong there) but whenever i add kso cockpit in the VAB or SPH it somehow "auto" hires additional crew to fill up the seats in the kso cockpit (although i did not go to astronaut complex and hire additional crew ,they are somehow added automatically) can any one help me out on how to stop this behavior its getting pretty cramped up with all the additional crew members being auto hired

thx