[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

Currently I'm running 29 mods without any issues and running 2.4GB of ram, but when I added this mod, I'm having OutOfMemory exceptions. Even with ActiveTextureManagement and TextureReplacer =\ I'm sad I can't play the way I wanted, and x64 is so unstable.

Try running the game in opengl mode. Using just ATM my ksp once loaded was still hitting 2.9GB. Using opengl cut it down to 1.5GB :)

I downloaded and installed all four parts of this mod. But unfortunately the game crashes upon loading. I have the required ATM and TR mods installed also. Here is the other mods I have installed and the crash log. I'm running the latest version of KSP 32bit. This is what is causing it to crash: Crash!!! ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

http://i.imgur.com/hd2qgwI.png

http://i.imgur.com/u8c8nP2.png

I'm going to go with 'out of memory' as well

Also, don't post a screenshot of a portion of your log file, just put the whole log up somewhere for people to download. Dropbox is a good place to use.

I just tried it with fresh installed non modded standard-setting KSP-Folders one in 32bit and one in 64bit. It runs only with the 64bit-version. So obviously with the 32 bit client you have to use active texture management or texture reduction in the settings just for this mod. So all these 2K by 2K texture and normal maps will be reduced anyway....

strangely i was having lots of crashes until i removed the files for the ground vehicles... apparently in my case one of these is conflicting with something. currently running test with mods 1 at a time to see which is the culprit :huh:

Yeah, I also got many crashes - and I was not able to find the vehicles anywhere! Where are they supposed to be find?

strangely i was having lots of crashes until i removed the files for the ground vehicles... apparently in my case one of these is conflicting with something. currently running test with mods 1 at a time to see which is the culprit :huh:

Logs logs logs.

Though it's more likely memory related rather than a conflict.

Do you use Active Texture Management plugin? Basic or Aggressive?

Does this work with Deadly Reentry?

Pretty sure KSO comes with DRE configs.

I've offered the use of my own set of DRE configs for KSO25. It contains both configs for stock Kerbin and Real Solar System sized Kerbin in one file using conditionals to check for RSS and configures the heat shield as required. It lacks adequate feedback so I can only say it works for me and I'm happy with it. It does NOT use the standard ablative shield (which has a lot of mass that can get you in trouble when using non-stock drag mods). The RSS version uses pseudo-ablative (0 density so no mass) to simulate thermal soak that 'cools down' over time. (not really relevant unless you somehow manage to relaunch your shuttle into orbit)

Edited by Starwaster

Hello, sorry to change the current subject going on (I seem to do that alot) but is there a working FAR config? I saw one about 40 pages back by ayana and clicked on the link but it said it was removed :huh:. Anyway in case whoever reads this didn't know, the EWBCL Shuttle points it's nose down to a bit below prograde during reentry, not allowing for a high AoA and thus not slowing down a whole lot. Each time I've attempted I've ended up hitting the grasslands a bit before KSC at 600m/s. I would attempt to do it myself, although I have absolutely no experience with this stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/gPNuGhBj (from page 471)

Is there also a config for the smaller shuttle?

Thanks for the config! Have you actually tried reentering with the KSOS? It worked perfectly fine for me without a FAR config. You will need some drag chutes however, the brakes don't slow down that quickly (I landed at around 150m/s). It's just the EWBCL that is the problem, in my case anyway.

Edit: Where do I paste that? In the FAR folder or in the KSO folder?

Edited by Chezburgar7300

when will this be 64bit???

It's playable with x64 KSP as it is now, atleast for me. I've experienced no crashes and only one bug where the UI disappears when you move the camera, but can be fixed by going to the Space Center screen then returning. I know it doesn't work for a large portion of people, but for me, it is highly playable.

Just a quick (bug?) report. The cool rockets effects don't work, but only on the KSO parts. I don't know if this is because I am using 64bit or it is just a general bug, but they aren't working in my case.

Edit: All of the vehicles (the sedans/trucks etc) wheels disappear into the runway and I can't move them. Also, in the SPH the vehicle says that the electric charge store of 125 is full, but when I launch it it is empty. I am running 64bit.

Edited by Chezburgar7300
Bugs... =(

Thanks for the config! Have you actually tried reentering with the KSOS? It worked perfectly fine for me without a FAR config. You will need some drag chutes however, the brakes don't slow down that quickly (I landed at around 150m/s). It's just the EWBCL that is the problem, in my case anyway.

Edit: Where do I paste that? In the FAR folder or in the KSO folder?

You open a new .txt by right clicking on the desktop and selecting new .txt document, then copy the info in the pastebin to the newly created .txt file and save. then rename it to KSO25FAR.cfg and place it in your KSO folder.

I once tried to land with NEAR. I followed the guide and passed over KSC with around mach 5 frantically trying to get the thing to turn. :D

Yep that happened to me too. But I meant the shuttle is flyable in the atmosphere with FAR without a config, the guide isn't relevant anymore though...

- - - Updated - - -

You open a new .txt by right clicking on the desktop and selecting new .txt document, then copy the info in the pastebin to the newly created .txt file and save. then rename it to KSO25FAR.cfg and place it in your KSO folder.

Thanks a heap!

Edit: All of the vehicles (the sedans/trucks etc) wheels disappear into the runway and I can't move them. Also, in the SPH the vehicle says that the electric charge store of 125 is full, but when I launch it it is empty. I am running 64bit.

I have the same problem without x64.

It's playable with x64 KSP as it is now, atleast for me. I've experienced no crashes and only one bug where the UI disappears when you move the camera, but can be fixed by going to the Space Center screen then returning. I know it doesn't work for a large portion of people, but for me, it is highly playable.

Just a quick (bug?) report. The cool rockets effects don't work, but only on the KSO parts. I don't know if this is because I am using 64bit or it is just a general bug, but they aren't working in my case.

I have the same problem without x64.

The vehicle wheels have to be oriented properly. There's an updated config file for the rover wheels linked in there too.

The wheels/tires for each vehicle have an arrow or mark on the hub of the part. Open up the craft files for the vehicles and note the orientation of the mark on the hub. For the truck tires the arrow should be pointing down. If I remember correctly, the sedan hubs had a red mark, however I forget which way they should be pointed. The rover hubs are currently bugged in v409 and have to point up to function properly (they point down in v408). I might post some screenshots when I get home from work for convenience since this gets asked a lot.

http://imgur.com/a/por5b

Here's a link to download the corrected rover wheel CFG (for v409) if anybody's interested. View it here.

webu23x.jpg

So to recap:

- the sedan wheels have a white rectangle that needs to point down

- the truck wheels have a red triangle that needs to point down.

- the rover wheels have a white arrow that needs to point down (but this is currently bugged in v409 so point them up in the SPH/VAB [they flip on launch-that's the bug] unless you install the corrected CFG file).

Edited by qnistNAMEERF

I finally tried using the config and after loading the craft file the wings were shifted to the left. I took them off and put them on again but the ship was tumbling out of control during reentry. Don't know if the lift of the wings is somehow off or if it's still the old problem with the cargo bay. ;.;