[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

So I am having issues with getting cargo bay doors to open. I have tried a full manual install and also tried only installing the 1.8m part pack. When I right click on the doors I only get "toggle flag" as an option. I have installed everything as per the instructions provided. I have also tried moving the files around to see if that might fix the problem. Currently KSO and it's depenacy's are the only mods I have installed.

So I am having issues with getting cargo bay doors to open. I have tried a full manual install and also tried only installing the 1.8m part pack. When I right click on the doors I only get "toggle flag" as an option. I have installed everything as per the instructions provided. I have also tried moving the files around to see if that might fix the problem. Currently KSO and it's depenacy's are the only mods I have installed.

swanymcswan,

May I ask where in the game are you when you trying to open the cargo bay doors? like in the VAB, Launch Pad, or in Orbit.

I have had the same problem from time to time. What I do is right click closer the cabin or the cockpit or center of the right cargo bay door near the centerline (a darker line) of the cargo bay on the top.

If you’re using a premade version the Cargo Bay Doors are parented to the Zero Key.

swanymcswan,

May I ask where in the game are you when you trying to open the cargo bay doors? like in the VAB, Launch Pad, or in Orbit.

I have had the same problem from time to time. What I do is right click closer the cabin or the cockpit or center of the right cargo bay door near the centerline (a darker line) of the cargo bay on the top.

If you’re using a premade version the Cargo Bay Doors are parented to the Zero Key.

I was trying to open them in the VAB. I also tried on the launch pad. I'll change where I am clicking and see what happens.

I would check to make sure firespitter installed correctly, I think firespitter controls the functioning of the cargo doors. sounds like maybe that is bad.

Does anyone have a copy for the lastest version of this mod for 0.23.5 (v3.9)

BTW I ask for this cause I love nostalgia versions of KSP and would like to try this out on my 0.23.5 install

The last version for 0.23.5 is 3.09. You may be able to get 4.09 working with 0.23.5 by getting older versions of the plugins, just know that it isn't really supported now.

I would check to make sure firespitter installed correctly, I think firespitter controls the functioning of the cargo doors. sounds like maybe that is bad.

I did a full reinstall of both KSO and then just firespitter and still no luck. I have removed all other mods too just in case there were some conflicts.

I also just noticed when I did the full install the props on the helicopter don't work. I will investigate the firespitter issue further. As a side note when I install everything I am getting comes directly from KSO.

Anyone else having issues trying to use mechjeb with the EWBCL? The maneuver node target seems to move around alot.

I believe that's an off center thrust issue. the engines on the shuttle sit higher on it than the center of mass line, so it tends to curve downwards under thrust, mechjeb has a hell of a time compensating for this, you have to manually pull back as you burn for the node.

Does anyone have a copy for the lastest version of this mod for 0.23.5 (v3.9)

BTW I ask for this cause I love nostalgia versions of KSP and would like to try this out on my 0.23.5 install

I has dropbox link to older version. 309hf. sent pm.

Anyone else having issues trying to use mechjeb with the EWBCL? The maneuver node target seems to move around alot.

If you really want to use MJ you can always stick on a 3rd OMS engine. That's what I did. Just clip a Cubic Octagonal Strut in between the bottom 2 main engines. If you possition it right you won't have the OMS clipping witht he other engines. Then when you reach orbit turn of Trim on the OMS. It still won't be perfect but if you increase the tolerance to 0.5 it should be fine.

After doing a survey contract on Kerbin (Fine Print contract) the crew of the Tinker Toy landed safe at the Island Runway refueling depo only to have a ladder mishap. Luckely there was an air stair around so the crew could get in and out safely. The height of the air stair matches up perfectly with space plane plus parts.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Having way too much fun with phase 4 parts...

http://imgur.com/QnCw7km

http://imgur.com/a/1O3GR#1

http://imgur.com/a/1O3GR#2

http://imgur.com/a/1O3GR#4

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/1O3GR/embed"></iframe>

Quick forum tip, take the last part of the album url and put that in the

Example: [noparse][imgur]1O3GR">Javascript is disabled. View full album

[/noparse]

Images can be done with the QnCw7km[/noparse]

In any case, your cargo chopper looks really cool! Good job on getting it working!

Quick forum tip, take the last part of the album url and put that in the [imgur] tags to get an album to show up. Using the imgur tags will make all of the images in an album show up in a nice, organized window.

Example: [noparse]http://imgur.com/a/1O3GR[/noparse]

Thank you!!! I tried for 45 minutes to figure that out and finally gave up...

So is anyone else seeing the behavior with the Mun rover, where if you unfocus from it, when you return to it, its wheels have sunk into the ground, and if you get in it, it launches itself into the air? Its harmless on Kerbin, but on Minmus it might not be.

ioyvkkS.jpg

g79R2rg.jpg