[0.90] Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System v4.13

helldiver

*Installs KSOS 4.09 All Packs.

Copying 666 Items (733MB)

Me: "733?! Jesus. This isn't a mod, this is an unofficial EXPANSION PACK."

Also I'd just like to say that there is an extra space between KSO and EWBCL for the title of the KSO 25 craft file. It essentially looks like this: KSO EWBCL Block 4.

I have to fix it every time I update because it annoys me.

Edited by Phazon8058

a question

is there a way to resize these two images cockpit_interior.tga and cockpit_interior_emis.tga without messing up internal view?

i dont care mutch about quality of internals but these two files are huge!

Edited by dtoxic

I tried running the game after installing the full KSOS package (along with all 29 of my other mods) and my computer basically just went NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. I'm either going to have to negate Phase 4, or drop some other mods...

I'll see what I can drop.

a question

is there a way to resize these two images cockpit_interior.tga and cockpit_interior_emis.tga without messing up internal view?

i dont care mutch about quality of internals but these two files are huge!

I'm pretty sure if you run ATM it'll handle all that for you (so long as you use their CFG and not the one bundled in KSOS).

I tried running the game after installing the full KSOS package (along with all 29 of my other mods) and my computer basically just went NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. I'm either going to have to negate Phase 4, or drop some other mods...

I'll see what I can drop.

You running 32bit or 64bit? I was reaching the memory cap aswell so I switched to 64bit, so far no issue. If you have trouble getting it stable you might want to check out this forum http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86893-V0-24-0-Multicore-processor-issues-and-solutions-(x86-x64.

*Installs KSOS 4.09 All Packs.

Copying 666 Items (733MB)

Me: "733?! Jesus. This isn't a mod, this is an unofficial EXPANSION PACK."

Also I'd just like to say that there is an extra space between KSO and EWBCL for the title of the KSO 25 craft file. It essentially looks like this: KSO EWBCL Block 4.

I have to fix it every time I update because it annoys me.

LOL I always change it to Ascension.

I have a very impressive rig.. and i could not get this mod to work in 32 bit or 64 without installing atm aggressive.. was a nightmare trying to come to that conclusion and accept the fact i needed atm. But tbh i dont notice the difference except the mission flag textures. None the less sooo glad i got it working. The KOS is the workhorse on my minmus base. So far it has done 32 sorties delivering a total of 270 tons onto minmus surface. Combine this mks oks and kspi is great.keep up the great work!

I have a very impressive rig.. and i could not get this mod to work in 32 bit or 64 without installing atm aggressive.. was a nightmare trying to come to that conclusion and accept the fact i needed atm. But tbh i dont notice the difference except the mission flag textures. None the less sooo glad i got it working. The KOS is the workhorse on my minmus base. So far it has done 32 sorties delivering a total of 270 tons onto minmus surface. Combine this mks oks and kspi is great.keep up the great work!

Do a test; move ATM out of your GameData folder, and install Texture Replacement Mod (turn off or delete all the extra content it has, and just use its compression feature). See if it works better for you.

I do not run ATM anymore, just Texture Replacement, and have never had an issue since. (SLI Nvidia 680's, Intel i7, 32gb RAM, Windows 7 64) 32bit KSP.

One thing I've noticed, and I don't know if its me, but once I drop the external tank and kill the main engines, the shuttle doesn't seem to fly true under power. If I was pointed at 0 degrees east -----> and fired the engines, the shuttle seems to go in a downward curve.\ I've tried adjusting the trim on the little engines, but I can't seem to compensate. I watch Ikerbals vids and he doesn't seem to have the issue and he says he leaves the trim on. Is there a trick to this I'm not aware of, or am I just a really bad pilot for the shuttle?

Do a test; move ATM out of your GameData folder, and install Texture Replacement Mod (turn off or delete all the extra content it has, and just use its compression feature). See if it works better for you.

I do not run ATM anymore, just Texture Replacement, and have never had an issue since. (SLI Nvidia 680's, Intel i7, 32gb RAM, Windows 7 64) 32bit KSP.

Hmm. Ill have to give it a try when i get home.. none the less atm works fine, but for sake of knowledge ill give ita shot.. thanks for the reply

It's KSP and KSO. Badly optimised game, with a really texture-heavy mod.

The new hitch parts in Phase IV work great - replaces awkward use of docking ports for lots of surface vehicle ideas, even the small port from Phase II. I was wondering if it was possible to add the appropriate collider (?) to the front landing gear mesh, and appropriate .cfg changes, to allow hitching/docking/towing of the orbiters?

Also, I wrote the following ModuleManager patch to make the Lorry, trailer and hitch parts a bit more KAS-friendly, for those situations where changes are needed in-situ. The two hitch parts are storable in KAS containers and the Lorry and trailer have their hitch nodes set up as KAS bays, so attaching the hitch parts perfectly is as simple as "storing" the hitch on the Lorry/trailer. (The changes are only applied if KAS is installed.)

ksohitchkas.cfg [via Dropbox]

@PART[kmwhitch2akso]:NEEDS[KAS]
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, -0.14)
evaPartDir = (0, 0, -1)
storable = true
storedSize = 5
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = False
attachSendMsgOnly = False
bayType = kmwhitchBay
bayNode = bottom
bayRot = (0.0, 180.0, 0.0)
}
}

@PART[kmwhitch2bkso]:NEEDS[KAS]
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, -0.14)
evaPartDir = (0, 0, -1)
storable = true
storedSize = 5
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = False
attachSendMsgOnly = False
bayType = kmwhitchBay
bayNode = bottom
bayRot = (0.0, 180.0, 0.0)
}
}

@PART[Lorry_Cab]:NEEDS[KAS]
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModulePartBay
BAY
{
attachNode = back
type = kmwhitchBay
}
}
}

@PART[kmwtrailerkso]:NEEDS[KAS]
{
MODULE
{
name = KASModulePartBay
BAY
{
attachNode = front
type = kmwhitchBay
}
BAY
{
attachNode = top
type = kmwhitchBay
}
}
}

I need some help. I can't get anything to move. The service vehicles won't work, the gear bays won't retract, the cargo bay doesn't work, and possibly more problems that I don't know about. I've installed everything correctly as far as I know.

I need some help. I can't get anything to move. The service vehicles won't work, the gear bays won't retract, the cargo bay doesn't work, and possibly more problems that I don't know about. I've installed everything correctly as far as I know.

I'm having the same problem. It looks like the firespitter.dll isn't working. Could be conflicting with another mod?

Anybody have a solution?

Running the latest version of KSP. 64 bit (KSOS worked fine before phase IV on 64 bit)

There is something wrong with the Rover:

- noticed that the craft file is missing.

- the tire arrow has to point up so that the tires don't clip into the surface.

- when arrow up and Rover is drivable, the forward and reverse controls are swapped.

- sometimes (!) the Rover ASAS and Power Module does not attach to the Rovers back properly.

There is something wrong with the Rover:

- noticed that the craft file is missing.

- the tire arrow has to point up so that the tires don't clip into the surface.

- when arrow up and Rover is drivable, the forward and reverse controls are swapped.

- sometimes (!) the Rover ASAS and Power Module does not attach to the Rovers back properly.

I can confirm this.

The Tires are a bit strange. The Arrow is Pointing in the oppsite direction in flight mode than in editor mode.

So if you don´t want to sink into the ground, the Arrows have to face uppwards in the editor, but if you hit launch then, they are pointing downwards and are inverted.