[WIP - 0.25] Squad HD Re-texture Project - Continuous Release (July 25)

blackheart612

Guys, I just packed an Alpha.

-All Liquid Engines are re-textured except the LV-1 and the Radial Version of it.

-Some mbms are 128*128/256*256/512*512 but most are 1024*1024.

-Recommended use of Active Texture Management for heavily modded installs (they look quite bad though)

Have Fun!

Original Post for easier navigation

sorry to uhm drop this on you but i just found,including mine, a bunch of jaws on the floor... do any of you know who these jaws belong to? XD

seriously though this has made me want to use the stock engines again :D YAY

can't wait till it's done... kinda dissapointed about how big the B9 re testure is though... it keeps crashing my game and it's in alpha.

Er. Castun that was a very simple sentence. How did you manage to misinterpret it?

You didn't quote anyone, so I interpreted your comment as saying that the author wasn't allowed to retexture Squad parts. I don't think that's explicitly forbidden (assuming the mod ONLY includes new textures) thus my confusion. I don't think my problem was misinterpreting your sentence, it was your sentence being a little vague as to whom you were addressing.

What if I make my own textures that look like theirs but an HD version?

Fairly certain that would be allowed. You wouldn't be distributing the original model or texture in any way, and just your own. Otherwise, how would other mods exist that replace stock textures such as the Skybox and planets?

Edited by Castun

What if I make my own textures that look like theirs but an HD version?

Only if you make it all yourself from start to finish. I only mentioned this because in your first post you said you'd give people the Squad textures if they want to revert. If they have KSP on steam they can just verify the game cache. Otherwise they can just reinstall.

Only if you make it all yourself from start to finish. I only mentioned this because in your first post you said you'd give people the Squad textures if they want to revert. If they have KSP on steam they can just verify the game cache. Otherwise they can just reinstall.

OK, I see now what you meant. Yes you are correct.

Ah yes. I think I should remove that I just thought that it's pitiful if they don't get backup.

You didn't quote anyone, so I interpreted your comment as saying that the author wasn't allowed to retexture Squad parts. I don't think that's explicitly forbidden (assuming the mod ONLY includes new textures) thus my confusion. I don't think my problem was misinterpreting your sentence, it was your sentence being a little vague as to whom you were addressing.

Fairly certain that would be allowed. You wouldn't be distributing the original model or texture in any way, and just your own. Otherwise, how would other mods exist that replace stock textures such as the Skybox and planets?

Actually, Squad allows full redistribution of anything within the GameData folder.

EDIT: WOOO A RELEASE EHRMAHGERHD

To be fair, I love the Poodles texture. Normally, I'd use KW's SPS, but the engine bell is too big for stock landing gear. The Poodle is slightly worse effiicieny, but with such a nice look, why WOULDN'T I use it?! I'd say it's actually better looking than the SPS.. you did a fantastic job! I would rep you again but I can't do it yet. But I will!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.