[1.0.x] Procedural Parts Textures | Procedural KW - June 8

blackheart612

• 2 weeks later...

Blackheart... You did some pretty nice KW style procedural fairings.. And now when FAR shielding is out for DR, I thought the obvious thing to do was a heat tiled procedural fairing. I just borrowed a texture from a roof tile company, downloaded the normal map plugin for PS, and had a little go at it.

Unfortunately it didn't look good enough to share. When I squinted and ignored the seams, and the way the normal map just became super low res as it stretched over the dome.. It still looked awesome. As I don't like squinting when I play, I thought if this maybe would be suitable as a request for you to do, if you ever had time spare? Cheers

So I tried out your Stretchy Tank addon textures, and only installed the KW & Stock ones since that's all that I use right now. When I go to cycle through the tank textures, after I cycle through the normal textures, the next half dozen choices are never loaded, instead getting stuck on the last Stretchy-SRB texture until it gets back to the beginning of the cycle. Seems like it's expecting your textures but they're not being loaded at all. I dropped them into the /GameData/blackheart/ directory.

Can I make a request for this? Can the procedural fairings get an option to display the logo on them, like some of the SLS parts and the pods can?

Well, I don't know how that works as of yet. Sorry I replied late. :(

Blackheart... You did some pretty nice KW style procedural fairings.. And now when FAR shielding is out for DR, I thought the obvious thing to do was a heat tiled procedural fairing. I just borrowed a texture from a roof tile company, downloaded the normal map plugin for PS, and had a little go at it.

Unfortunately it didn't look good enough to share. When I squinted and ignored the seams, and the way the normal map just became super low res as it stretched over the dome.. It still looked awesome. As I don't like squinting when I play, I thought if this maybe would be suitable as a request for you to do, if you ever had time spare? Cheers

Ahh, yeah, maybe. When I have spare time is the correct time...

So I tried out your Stretchy Tank addon textures, and only installed the KW & Stock ones since that's all that I use right now. When I go to cycle through the tank textures, after I cycle through the normal textures, the next half dozen choices are never loaded, instead getting stuck on the last Stretchy-SRB texture until it gets back to the beginning of the cycle. Seems like it's expecting your textures but they're not being loaded at all. I dropped them into the /GameData/blackheart/ directory.

It's caused by a missing texture, from where is stops, it means the next texture from it is not loaded, can you check that? It's easy, the folder integration is by Name so the next texture is either the next texture name in the folder or the next folder's texture (I hope you understand that)

So guys, I'm pretty sad to say that I am temporarily putting this on hold as to be able to hopefully release my dev mods (I got 2 active at the moment and gonna put another on hold) Thank you for your consideration. :)

Well, I don't know how that works as of yet. Sorry I replied late. :(

'tis fine - it may well be beyond the capabilities of your re-textures and require modifications to Procedural Fairings itself, the more I think about it.

Thank you for your work on this, and I will be anxious to see your work elsewhere. (I'll probably end up using those, too.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.