[1.0.x] Procedural Parts Textures | Procedural KW - June 8

blackheart612

Yep, they are all piled up Structural fuselages with an SRB down there. I'm planning to add the whole texture whenever I find time.

To install the white nozzle, you just need to copy the GameData itself on the root folder (I accidentally packaged the StretchySRB dll there, Imma fix that real soon)

I guess he also means the skirt^^

I asked for the go signal upon linking just to make sure.

Ohhhh jeez so it just turns the curent nozzle white? Then the rest is, what.. clipped parts? Teach meh.

Yep, clipped parts. there are a couple ways to get a skirt.

The best looking is

Get an I beam

Put an interstage fairing in it (at the top)

Put a toroidal tank

Put a conic fairing, adjust to make it look like a skirt.

Flip the I beam vertically so the fairings are in the nozzles.

Clip it inside the tanks, of course.

???

Profit! Now tell me if it flies well (I don't know if it does.)

About fairing textures, let me be silent about that for a moment. This'll be quick :P

Hy, looking over what my fellow mods were saying: you are mostly a-ok to distribute your stuff. However make sure you have dtobi's permission for the Shuttle mod textures if you actually used his content for this. If not you are all good. But keep in mind also for your license that it cannot be less restrctive than any stuff that is not your work but that you are redistributing. So if you are to change from ARR in the future, make sure you don't overlap another license :)

Hy, looking over what my fellow mods were saying: you are mostly a-ok to distribute your stuff. However make sure you have dtobi's permission for the Shuttle mod textures if you actually used his content for this. If not you are all good. But keep in mind also for your license that it cannot be less restrctive than any stuff that is not your work but that you are redistributing. So if you are to change from ARR in the future, make sure you don't overlap another license :)

I cut the link to make sure dtobi gives me permission first, I read the mod's license again to make sure so I asked permission to him. I made this for myself (and a couple of requests) and overlooked licenses because I thought they were "just textures". CBBP also reminded me about the ARR problem. Thanks for the reminder, I AM surely changing that licensing. Thank goodness this community is good :)

Edited by blackheart612
grammar problems :P

Genious, exacly the pack I want most for my shuttle, because the orange tank texture does not match the space shuttle engines pack nose cone and bottom-thing - but no problem, i can wait :D

Btw there is a misspelling at the OP, "Shutte" instead of "Shuttle" (second title)

I asked for the go signal upon linking just to make sure.

Yep, clipped parts. there are a couple ways to get a skirt.

The best looking is

Get an I beam

Put an interstage fairing in it (at the top)

Put a toroidal tank

Put a conic fairing, adjust to make it look like a skirt.

Flip the I beam vertically so the fairings are in the nozzles.

Clip it inside the tanks, of course.

???

Profit! Now tell me if it flies well (I don't know if it does.)

About fairing textures, let me be silent about that for a moment. This'll be quick :P

I'll give this a try thanks. Now.. the clipped parts don't block the exhaust?

I'll give this a try thanks. Now.. the clipped parts don't block the exhaust?

It doesn't block the exhaust.

StTY76J.png

ehC2PcB.png

Hope this is still in the works?

I'm still waiting for dtobi's approval. Also, I can't get firespitter texture switcher to go well with this. Yes it is being worked :)

I might release Fairings with a couple of textures all separated

Hi guys, sorry for the hang-up, I'm gonna release the procfairings textures soon enough as cbbp agrees with me using the fairing model from kosmos since I think that has bump transform.

Here's a sneak peek:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Contains Atlas, Titan, China, Conic-Egg hybrid, and Checkered Interstage Fairings.

The atlas and Conic-Egg Hybrid looks enough like the KW fairings. I might change the inside texture but I'll release it first as I said with the condition of permission. :)

Edit: Put the tank texture links back again but removed shuttle engines to keep it with the rules

Edited by blackheart612

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.