Singularity Research Initiative - dev thread

Daemoria

This looks really interesting. Seeing as I use 64-bit KSP (yay linux), I'm not terribly concerned with hitting a memory cap, and would be very interested in testing this. As some of the other people have said, I may need to see a doctor about my jaw falling off onto my desk.

This looks really interesting. Seeing as I use 64-bit KSP (yay linux), I'm not terribly concerned with hitting a memory cap, and would be very interested in testing this. As some of the other people have said, I may need to see a doctor about my jaw falling off onto my desk.

Well, Daemoria (hope I spelled it correctly) has said that we are all on the Alpha Tester list. So just wait until he gives us something to blow uptest.

Don't know if you saw but I did a rough version of a patch for you. I look and see your nice shiny stuff then I see a 82x82 pixel patch I made lol... Problem is the size on the kerbal. I could do massive but peoples games would run slow plus you see the way size and position on his arm effects the patch!

Singularity test patch... 82 x 82 pixels

Singularitytestpatchallinone_zps0b97b45c.png

And on a kerbal. The shading and position need work but the dark patch on his arm will make an excellent suit colour.

singuaritytestpatch_zpsc2d1c523.png

The colour scheme also needs changing if that is going to be the suit colour but it is only a rough out. Besides I've all ready had a better idea for a design.

Edited by Green Skull

electronicfox, yea I've been watching the progress on that mod. It looks like they are doing a crawler platform base plate set as well. When I get to my crawler, I'll see what I can borrow from that it.

As the first rocket nears completion, I'm starting to do some more detailed sketches for the other half of the release. That being the unmanned Tug hinted at in the smaller doodle I posted a little while ago.

dream.jpg

tug_scaled.png

Proportions have been scaled to fit into a more modular system. The UCA (universal container assembly) is designed to fit 3.75 meter components, those being the most common interplanetary ship /exo-planet base building size. The UCA type 2 is designed to fold into a much smaller surface area, enabling the Tug to launch empty, ditch the launch vehicle fairings and expand the bays while in orbit.

The Tug is designed to ferry the cargo launched from SSTOs to either Munar locations, or to provide extended cargo maneuvering to stations and/or larger vessels.

Not pictured is the arm needed to facilitate actual module transfer between the UCA of the tug, and that of the target. I might have to look into the Robotics mod that's floating around, and see what needs remodeling to fit in my style.

yes!!!!! made my day - this is exactly what im after. WIll you incorporate some form of joint weld system so we can make massive, yet low part count ships?

@Green SKull - suits coming along nicley dude. The fit (in my mind) the vision thats being laid out.

WIll you incorporate some form of joint weld system so we can make massive, yet low part count ships?

Don't count on it - I don't think Daemoria wants to re-do all the work that UbioZur did. You can just go and download UbioZur's plugin (if it's still up to date), or otherwise you can just weld the parts by hand.

electronicfox, yea I've been watching the progress on that mod. It looks like they are doing a crawler platform base plate set as well. When I get to my crawler, I'll see what I can borrow from that it.

Th mod is actually my own, the plugins new plugins are still under dev by 6.forty, but when you're doing your own crawler parts, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Green Skull, awesome work. Can you PM me the texture files when you're done with them?

Electronicfox, sorry I didn't realize. Your title should've given it away now that i look at it. I will most definitely contact you when I get to that part of development.

Seshins, the parts' functionality would be broken If they were to be welded together. Their fold animations + internal docking ports ( 3 of them) would not play nicely with that weld system. The parts themselves are fairly long, 7m to be exact. Just 2 of them stacked length wise should be fine for even sticking small ( or large) vessels inside. Because of their recursive stacking, if you stack the 3 edge to edge like in my example, you will have a massive internal space to mess around with. Not sure what exactly you're trying to transport that will require even larger pieces. :D

weekend means vodka fueled spaceship development. i mean, wot...drinking is bad kids, don't do it... I shall return with shiny pictures as soon as i can.

Don't count on it - I don't think Daemoria wants to re-do all the work that UbioZur did. You can just go and download UbioZur's plugin (if it's still up to date), or otherwise you can just weld the parts by hand.

do you mind showing me where this weld plugin is?

@Daemoria - That makes sense dude. I Have concepts in my head for a full on Battleship - Hence why i was intrigued for the whole shuttle concept - Having to use the shuttle to move Crew and materials planetside. Still - i think your mod is going to suit me just fine for part size and more importantly the type of aesthetic i want :D

Wow this is great stuff. I mocked up a Semayorka clone using a combination of stock and 30 minute parts, and can say I'm thoroughly excited!

Two questions though...

It looks like you are really planning on covering a pretty broad scale of vehicles, what gave you the original idea?

How come I haven't seen this sooner? the concept art is awesome!