Are you participating in the Logo Contest?

CalculusWarrior

Are you making a logo?  

1. 1. Are you making a logo?

• Yes! It's going to be awesome!
    • No. I'm not creating a logo.
    • I've got some ideas, but I can't draw.
    • There's a logo contest?

I thought about it, even had some ideas... This is part of what I do for a living. I love KSP and it would be awesome to see something I made in-game officially...

But then I remembered one of my rules about never, ever, doing work for contests or working solely for exposure. Especially if IP and reproduction & royalty rights are being fully handed over.

I have a very jaded view about companies running contests for creative items that don't involve a long term job or contract, as in the contest is effectively a job application.

So, absolutely possess the skill set. Would rather spend my free time playing KSP and my work time getting paid.

I am not. I have no solid ideas for them. I would need some more info on each of them to flesh out some ideas. Plus I do not really have the time. I did do some icons previously, but I do not think they are of the quality needed either...

Here are some things I have done.

tech_overview_zpsc2cb3572.png~original

subsystem_art_by_torham123-d5iko2k_zpsebeb9418.png~original

Edit: Sorry for the poster size pics :(

Edited by Torham234

"You may not vote for this poll." – What :huh:? I participate and created 4 so far. The "price" is kinda low considering you kinda sell your soul to Squad which may discourage some other graphic artists. I plan to get an logo out for every company but the time may not be enough. So far it's fun though :D

I find it kind of surprising that the winners get basically nothing, especially when you consider how easy it would be to find something more substantial. There would be gift codes for KSP on Steam, free Kerbalizer, Shapeways figurine, printed coffee mugs...

A small Indie studio I have alpha tested stuff for even had their artists create a special cosmetic item for the winners of a fan-organized tournament. (Not exactly cheap if you have to create 4 versions, several LODs and QA the stuff with every new patch.)

I'm sure that Squad might be able to afford a bit more than somebody spending 3 minutes in a text editor as Thank You for fans who probably spend several hours on creating free content for KSP?

Well, I won't be participating anyway. Just some food for thought.

I find it kind of surprising that the winners get basically nothing, especially when you consider how easy it would be to find something more substantial. There would be gift codes for KSP on Steam, free Kerbalizer, Shapeways figurine, printed coffee mugs... [...]

Yes that's a bummer for me as well. I think they have something in mind since they ask for your country ;)

m2T3jk9.jpg

That is the only one I've submitted thus far (there is no 'Symphonic' in the name of that company!!). I also somehow managed to not add my forum name to the submission, so...

I may submit a few more designs if I can get any more done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.