Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

What is seriously with the SRB's and the thrust percentage drop as they drain? Good concept but they NEVER RUN OUT i swear, I hate having to drop them before they're empty.

It's supposed to be able to make the same effect the RL SRB's do. (At least that's what I think of it.)

Hopefully an improved version of the previous one. I also noted a stopping sound in the audio but will have to check again if it's the video or the actual engine sound.

EDIT - Seems to just be my game in general. When I send you the files later you can double check that for me.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Hopefully an improved version of the previous one. I also noted a stopping sound in the audio but will have to check again if it's the video or the actual engine sound.

Hmm, it's still not what I'd like to hear... It should sound more like water flowing through a pipe, you don't actually hear combustion in space, and the engine is pressure-fed, meaning no turbopump to make a racket, either. You'd hear the fuel flow to the engine, but not much more. At one point, I just wanted to use the KW sound, but didn't get around to asking for permission. Try to get something more similar to that.

Hmm, it's still not what I'd like to hear... It should sound more like water flowing through a pipe, you don't actually hear combustion in space, and the engine is pressure-fed, meaning no turbopump to make a racket, either. You'd hear the fuel flow to the engine, but not much more. At one point, I just wanted to use the KW sound, but didn't get around to asking for permission. Try to get something more similar to that.

I'll just re start the sound from scratch again. I'll post another demo when I'm done.

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

Still sounds a bit too powerful. Remember, the OMS engines are not very strong IRL. Even if they do pack a punch in KSP, they put out only about 27kN IRL. As such, I'd prefer them to be quiet, soft-sounding enignes, much like the KW one.

Still sounds a bit too powerful. Remember, the OMS engines are not very strong IRL. Even if they do pack a punch in KSP, they put out only about 27kN IRL. As such, I'd prefer them to be quiet, soft-sounding enignes, much like the KW one.

Sure, but I did put it at the same volume level. Maybe something went wrong in the cfg.

It's less about the volume, but the "power" it implies. This sound has too much bass and is rather low overall, should be a bit higher pitched and more mellow. There isn't that much fuel being pumped into that thing, it should sound a lot like the Vesta SPS (a similar case, and in fact, representing a different model of the same engine).

It's less about the volume, but the "power" it implies. This sound has too much bass and is rather low overall, should be a bit higher pitched and more mellow. There isn't that much fuel being pumped into that thing, it should sound a lot like the Vesta SPS (a similar case, and in fact, representing a different model of the same engine).

I see, so something more like this?

Better. I suppose we might go with it. KW sound is a bit more "distant" (the engines aren't anywhere near pit afterall), but this is about what we're going for.

Oh, and BTW, send over that cargobay texture while you're at it.

Better. I suppose we might go with it. KW sound is a bit more "distant" (the engines aren't anywhere near pit afterall), but this is about what we're going for.

Oh, and BTW, send over that cargobay texture while you're at it.

Sure, I've also changed the colors of the ET as in most ET tank photos and videos I've found that the coloring is alot lighter than it is in the mod.

Color I've changed it to

ULwaf34.png?1

Color it used to be

3C8zdec.png?1

Would you like to have that as well?

Again, My shuttle gantry craft isnt working, I installed FASA launch towers and im pretty sure I dont need RCS build aid since its a building aid, not part or craft plugin, so can you guys help me out here?

Are you sure you installed Romfarer's Lazor System and full version of Space Shuttle Engines? Specifically, the sparkers might be required.

I deleted all the parts from shuttle engines except for the folders: Sparkle, Valve, and Shuttle Engine X2, all other stuff is there. And i just have the plugin from Romfarer's Lazor.

You might need realchute, and if that doesn't work, you can just put some towers on the regular craft and save it as the gantry craft.

can someone explain how to adjust the OMS engine? I'm trying to build a station in an orbit of 80km... I'm using MJ and the rendezvous it's extremely difficult... the shuttle starts spinning... to mention that i don't have heavy payloads

can someone explain how to adjust the OMS engine? I'm trying to build a station in an orbit of 80km... I'm using MJ and the rendezvous it's extremely difficult... the shuttle starts spinning... to mention that i don't have heavy payloads

Replace the OMS's with the one that doesn't point left or right.