Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

RSS integration is not being worked on yet. It will, but first, RO has to start working 100% reliably.

I'm not having any trouble with 64 bit at all, it works fine. The only problem I had was the cockpit mfd with RPM giving me errors. This was easily solved by changing all references of exampleMFD and exampleHUD to basicMFD and basicHUD in the internal file, since rpm has been this way since 0.17

Will be done in the next version. I really need to get back to development, but I've got a bunch of other stuff on my head right now.

Having the mid-air anchor style bug as well, just before solid booster sep, center of mass appears to drop. Shortly after separation, the shuttle and tank begin spinning in a circular motion around a central point, regardless of thrust direction.

Same thing happening to me on both craft files, thing is I'm using the x32 version. I have no other mods installed other than all of this.

Of course. What would you like to model? A new airlock is WIP, so I suggest Spacelab, SpaceHab or another interesting payload from the Shuttle.

Well I was thinking about finishing up the MLP/RSS if thats ok.

Got some touching up to do. I know staging isnt right wasnt important to test what i needed to test

Needs textures, but it looks quite nice overall. Remember to make a version for stock size KSP as well. Also, and try to add Dtobi's cryo effects as well.

ok ill keep all that in mind. What I did was import the CSS Shuttle into blender for scale so everything lined up properly. There is a big down-side to this MLP. It takes up THE WHOLE VAB. Unless The shuttle is scaled down its a real pain in the a** to attach the MLP to the shuttle in the VAB. Now in that regard its not hard to scale down the CSS parts I have already done that actually, the problem is the attachment points all have to be re positioned also. What do you think?

The shuttle parts can't be scaled down. They need to stay in scale with the iss community parts as well as current bobcat parts for mir etc... They are small enough already also, any smaller would look silly. If you need a smaller alternative kso is good for that.

Edited by raidernick

Hello guys.

Sorry for such a long delay.

Vacation time and other stuff in RL took their price on my free time recently.

But do not worry I am still alive and still working on airlock.

I will not give you the exact date of release as I do not want to disappoint you. I mean somebody will be excited and a day or so before release I will have to postpone it or something...

But I will do my best to hurry up and finish it. Have a nice day

Just updated RPM and to fix the shuttles MFDs i simply changed "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" to "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD" , it works well but now the HUD is gone, trying to fix it now

Edit: To fix the hud change this: "RasterPropMonitorExampleHUD" to this "RasterPropMonitorBasicHUD"

Edited by montyben101

Hi,

I just downloaded the CSS mod (including the required mods), installed it, but i can't get the .craft to work. It says the following:

[Error]: [shipConstruct]: Trying to load Space Shuttle - No AvailablePart found for Shuttle Manipulator

[Error]: [shipConstruct]: Trying to load Space Shuttle - No AvailablePart found for CSS.SSME

Any suggestions? Or at least where can i get a proper .craft file? I'm really excited to use this mod. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize for any english language mistakes. It isn't my mother tongue.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I installed everything that was in the description correctly. Apparently I had an outdated version and I installed the one's from the zip in this thread, but it says at both Space Shuttle-Plain(Stock) and Space Shuttle-Gantry(Stock) that the shuttle manipulator is missing. Does anybody know which plugin is the one that includes the shuttle manipulator, please?

I've just reinstalled KSP, and they still don't seem to work. It actually crashes! It crashes right after I've installed the lazor mod. When i try to load any save(newly created), it crashes. And also it says that KSPAPI and Firespitter mods aren't compatible.and also the Module Manager says 3 hidden items. I've got no idea. But the arm is in the folder.

Edited by chaser

Gonna do that. Thank you for the much appreciated help. :)

EDIT: Thank you, apparently it was because of the outdated Firespitter. Now everything's running just fine. Thank you very much!

Edited by chaser