Component Space Shuttle - dev thread [IMG heavy!]

So I have a problem now here, I put the Ordan Industries Kubble Space Telescope in the cargo bay. And as I get higher the camera steadily jumps down, at about 15 KM up the camera focuses down onto the engines and it flips about and doesnt work, I'm thinking its the telescope since its a very old mod but it might be the shuttle so i just wanted to make sure.

Hello guys,

OK so update :

The UV mapping / unwrapping is nearly done. I was really busy last week so there was less free time for Airlock :(

I will be back on Saturday from my vacation. So I will try my best to finish it during next weekend.

Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day. See you on saturday or sunday evening ( hope with complete model from my side )

Btw one more question. For conversation to Unity you suggest what version ? As I downloaded the latest Unity version 4.5 something. But I read on forum that witk KSP the version 4.2.2. is more prefered right ?

Thanks

Have you thought about using the transparent pod mod to let the windows be, well transparent? i understand that this is still very WIP and it would take a lot of time and effort, but why not think about it after most of the bugs have been squashed? ;)

Have you thought about using the transparent pod mod to let the windows be, well transparent? i understand that this is still very WIP and it would take a lot of time and effort, but why not think about it after most of the bugs have been squashed? ;)

Doesn't RPM 0.17 have something that let's you see through the pod or something? I read only a smidget so don't take my word for it. I know CSS would have to be updated for that.

I suggest you use proper grammar, I'm having issues understanding what you said after that comma.

sorry i was on my phone at the time and i hate using phone to write stuff, Is there going to be a Spacehab module, and yes I've not read all the comments

sorry i was on my phone at the time and i hate using phone to write stuff, Is there going to be a Spacehab module, and yes I've not read all the comments

I second this - I would also love to see SpaceLab.

Also, is anyone suffering this bug? (Wheels rotating on the wrong axis)

http://imgur.com/a/Zvinu#A2Nmvn9

(Couldn't get the picture to show so just click the link)

Edited by MrMeeb
Image didn't show up :(

All I can say is wow! I have seen this mod a couple times but never wanted to get it a go due to the long dep list. Finally decided to try it out and I love it! Haven't seen any payloads to orbit yet, so I am not sure of the capacity (didn't read the entire forum post either :blush:)

Anyway, so far just been playing around with the orbiter and stuff. I think I might have to make a mod review tomorrow night on this. I am just totally blown away. Especially by the detail with out a frame rate loss!

I tried the CSS on the new Version 0.24 and i can load it in the VAB and can launch it. But in a certain Height the Shuttle is moving away from the Camera and begings to rotate. It happens close before the SRB will be seperated. It is not possible to get in Orbit with the Shuttle. Is there something i do wrong or is it a problem with the current Version of KSP? I am using the current Version 6.0.2-X of the CSS. I installed all Plugins and mods that are required but it always begin that spinning around 20000m Height.

And sometimes i get the Message KSP_64.exe is not working anymore when i load up the CSS in the VAB. The Game Crashed without iam doing something. Just rotate the Camera and then crashes.

sorry for my bad english...

Currently waiting for plugin updates. When everything works fine, I'll release it. In fact, aside from RPM 0.18 integration (I still need to figure that out), this should work without any changes once the plugins are good.

It's so far been confirmed that Romfarer's Arms plugin is broken. So there's that. No news on Engine Thrust Controller, either.

It could be a a problem with the 64 bit ksp. Also there are a lot of plugins required any of which could be messing you up. I suggest waiting for everything to get updated. Also the version of RPM is two versions behind fir this mod. So the camera problem seems like and RPM issue. I had the same problem a while back with HGR and an outdated version of RPM.

I tried the CSS on the new Version 0.24 and i can load it in the VAB and can launch it. But in a certain Height the Shuttle is moving away from the Camera and begings to rotate. It happens close before the SRB will be seperated. It is not possible to get in Orbit with the Shuttle. Is there something i do wrong or is it a problem with the current Version of KSP? I am using the current Version 6.0.2-X of the CSS. I installed all Plugins and mods that are required but it always begin that spinning around 20000m Height.

And sometimes i get the Message KSP_64.exe is not working anymore when i load up the CSS in the VAB. The Game Crashed without iam doing something. Just rotate the Camera and then crashes.

sorry for my bad english...

I have the same issue does anyone have any solutions to this?

Having the mid-air anchor style bug as well, just before solid booster sep, center of mass appears to drop. Shortly after separation, the shuttle and tank begin spinning in a circular motion around a central point, regardless of thrust direction. x64 bit version using the latest plugins.

Any news on this sound update?

I'm currently updating BobCat's mods. RPM is giving me trouble, but I'm on the verge of fixing that. CSS is on hold, but I'm gonna come back to it eventually. Just wait a while. Once BobCat's stuff is fixed, I'll start working on it.

Having the mid-air anchor style bug as well, just before solid booster sep, center of mass appears to drop. Shortly after separation, the shuttle and tank begin spinning in a circular motion around a central point, regardless of thrust direction. x64 bit version using the latest plugins.

Try it without 64 bit and see if it happens. Im using 32 bit, i dont even know how you got it to work on 64 bit :P

I'm not having any trouble with 64 bit at all, it works fine. The only problem I had was the cockpit mfd with RPM giving me errors. This was easily solved by changing all references of exampleMFD and exampleHUD to basicMFD and basicHUD in the internal file, since rpm has been this way since 0.17