Ever just.. quit the game?

Motokid600

How do people even find threads to necro?

If decent content is posted insteat of "+1!" then it's not so bad, it's a guideline rather than a rule.

Also, I do get bored of the current version of KSP from time to time, and I go back to 0.13.3 to land on the old Mun again :)

No.

Shame you've deleted it. You will be back, I know you will. When the game is updated more, maybe 0.28 or something, you'll regret deleting it at 0.23. Much more is to come. Many good things.

There are some people who do not care about career contracts and money.

Yes, I have been fed up with it a while ago. Did not play for a couple of months and then returned. Now I have pretty much the same, although now it is due to external factors.

It's nice to take a pause every once in awhile - you burn through the game and your interest too quickly otherwise.

I have to agree with this statement. With anything you will get bored of it with time, however if you play it in short bursts it does help. I know when I got burned out/frustrated with not being able to do something in game I just stopped playing. After about a month long break I came back and found out what my issue was and now I am enjoying it yet again. I have often wondered how people do not burn out on COD type game, to me they seem like the exact same thing in a new box (but that is just me). I know this is a bit old of thread but it is still valid for anyone having burn out on the game, take a break and come back when there is something new to play around on.

Taking a break is part of being a KSP gamer :) I usually fire it up once a week and tinker around for an hour or two to keep my skills sharp though. Once .24 drops, I will probably be back to full-swing on KSP again.

I'm in the middle of that phase. I play for a while, have fun, then I realize that I'm doing the same thing over and over again, so I just stop playing. I play games like War Thunder, ArmA, and sandbox shooters like Just Cause 2 for maybe 2-3 months before I come to the forums, and see something someone has made that I want to do, or KSP is updated. This will repeat for a few years, at least for me. I don't plan on playing PC games all my life.

Also, the game just seems... Lacking. There are never enough parts to use for building, planes are fun to fly once for 10 minutes, and doing missions to the mun is just labor to me. There's just nothing that has a random chance of happening, nothing unpredictable. This is why I don't enjoy singleplayer games to the fullest, because you can predict what the game will do. Take War Thunder for example. You're more likely to play in multiplayer rather than missions because people are unpredictable. It's fun like that, not knowing what will happen. In the single player missions, you know you'll just have to pilot a fighter and shoot down bombers/enemies with allies buzzing around. The AI isn't smart enough to follow you exactly, so dogfights aren't fun.

That's probably why this game makes me and others lose interest. We don't have patience to build giant space stations, and we do the same thing time after time again, nothing changing except for minute details. But if multiplayer is added to the game, then I will likely have a lot more fun, because I'll always have the risk of someone flying a rocket into my plane. Or someone to build a colony on the mun with, or do something I can't with the stock game.

Edited by syfyguy64

Hey man it happens. The important thing for me is that I got my moneys worth in terms of entertainment value. This has undoubtedly been the case with KSP for me.

And who knows. I may be back eventually since I like to relive old experiences years down the line. I could totally see myself coming back to KSP in 5-10 years when other games have improved on the space-tycoon concept and reveling in the nostalgia.

Good times.

I currently seem to be on a break from the game - I've tried launching, but always stop before clicking "play" because I'm just not horribly motivated to click it. I suspect it'll pass, though. Even if I don't return for some reason, I bought the game for 2 hours of pay, and have gotten well over 500 hours of gameplay out of it - I could literally play 24/7 for a week per hour of labor it cost me. I count that as a win.

Yeah I haven't touched it since April. I more or less get burnt out a week or two after every update now. The new elements will keep my attention for a bit but ultimately I get to a point where I just ask myself why I'm launching this thing. I've done everything I set out to do, unlocked all the parts, I've been everywhere. I guess I've run out of 'content'.

As the player, you have the ability to make the game as challenging as you want to make it for yourself. Several months ago (before the ARM update), I decided i was going to try conquering the solar system without using fuel lines. I did not succeed, but I learned a heck of a lot about building efficient rockets! Make your own challenges if you're bored :)

I go through phases of KSP mania and general burnout. Usually with other games this happens relatively quickly and I lose interest - with KSP I just hit my 500th hour. It's an amazing game but playing it so much at once can ruin the experience for me, and usually a new update reignites my interest for a little while.

I don't think I will ever quit KSP, I mean how can I quit space? For goodness sake, it's SPACE!!!

I may take breaks of couple of months here and there but I'll always come back.

Exactly, not many games have a sandbox the size of a solar system :)

I only play KSP when

a) There's a "This day back in 1957" kind of thing going on, and I'd like to build a "re-enactment" of that in KSP

B) There's a new update

I am too busy in real life to play it everyday :) (that and I have other games that I play too) So it does kind of feel like I "quit" KSP for extended periods in time, unless a or b happens.

And every time I "come back"? ...MAGIC :)

Edited by rodion_herrera

There is so many great games out there that it's natural you eventually move on - otherwise you'll never see other worlds that possibly might be by far better.

But on the other hand it's natural to come back to the old titles that you enjoyed when time permits it, and so far KSP has been a great fun - when I'll quit it eventually I will be back for sure :)

I am in the middle of my Jool-5 mission, but I cannot get myself to keep at it right now.

But it is OK, even if I carry my design over to .24, I will finish it eventually. :)

Until then I am plowing deep into planets in the search for coal and diamonds and enjoy a different view for a while. (Starbound)

Cya Jeb, until we (soon)TM meet again. :D

Oh yeah there's been crashes or a messed up mission that have made me quit. My first rover landing on Moho needed just 5 more seconds of fuel, before crashing and damaging wheels. I quit the hell out of this game that day, you bet.

Then cam crawling back, wanting to "do it right this time".

In a game of design, redesign, and careful planning in mathematics, maybe it's not your place if you're one to ragequit over mods. I have recently taking up modding myself, and have lost 4 days now to just goofing around and bugfixing the ridiculous things that do wrong. Personally, I see the modding setup as a reflection on the game itself, nothing will work the first time, it will take along time, many tries, and a lot of effort to get things done, but it is a very rewarding experience. I'm sorry you feel this way, and hope you can find a new game to play more suitable for your tastes.

Yep, for about four months. I think it was in 0.22. Anyway I decided to try using Infernal Robotics and Kerbal Attach System. I spent maybe 50 hours designing a huge permanent Munar colony, cranes to assemble it, space trucks to haul the components from LKO to Mun orbit, and so on. Then many more hours were spent testing and revising everything, as I was playing Ironman and once the actual launches started, no loads or restarts were allowed.

The whole thing filled eight 60-tonne payloads. I got them all landed and my colony assembled without losing a single module or Kerbal, though there sure was a lot of last-second improvising! It was magnificent, and immediately started falling apart. Parts would randomly move, or even just vanish. The station modules were on telescoping legs, and every time I opened that mission every leg would be a different length. Then, I think it was the third day, the whole station just exploded. Loaded yesterday's savefile, and that station exploded too. Loaded my oldest savefile, and that time it didn't explode for several whole minutes.

I didn't touch KSP again until 0.23. Still haven't touched IR or KAS again, though I may try again as I hear they're more reliable now.

//not intended as an insult to KSP, IR or KAS. I spent my whole career in IT. I know what "alpha" means. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.