Professor Kerbenstein's wonderous vertical propulsion emporium.

Kerb-fu

Have you seen this?

How about making a tank that looks like the lower stage tank? I love the black-and-gold thingy from the painting.

I am in awe of Algiark's work and really i dont want to steal his ideas.

I do love the boilerplate and brass look though, and if my metal textures get a bit darker, its only in the spirit of steampunk !! ;)

I am in awe of Algiark's work and really i dont want to steal his ideas.

I do love the boilerplate and brass look though, and if my metal textures get a bit darker, its only in the spirit of steampunk !! ;)

Yeah, I was talking more about inspiration than of actually making that thing in KSP.

Uuu! Will those legs have some awesome steam effects? (i assume it wouldn't be too hard, just like making an effect for engine, i think)

The thing is, the engine module is specifically designed to have effects. The landing gear module doesn't support effects, so it's impossible to have steam clouds from the landing legs, unless you make a plugin for it.

The thing is, the engine module is specifically designed to have effects. The landing gear module doesn't support effects, so it's impossible to have steam clouds from the landing legs, unless you make a plugin for it.

:(

10char

sounds fair, i will see what i can come up with

I have some ideas for animating the cogs, I will have to see how that pans out.

While I love all sorts of coggy machinery, I personally dislike it very much if they're just there because they look cool.

That said, I love all your other stuff and look forward to playing with it someday. Keep up the good work.

Wait, why don;t just give those legs an engine module? With 0.00005 kn of thrust ?

Wait, why don;t just give those legs an engine module? With 0.00005 kn of thrust ?

You'd have to throttle up to activate the effect, and the effect would also be on when the legs are completely retracted or extended, and therefore not moving. Using the Firespittet plugin by Snjo would be a better idea, if it works for landing legs and not only wheels. And we don't really want a toucdown effect, we want a particle effect when the leg extends or retracts.

You'd have to throttle up to activate the effect, and the effect would also be on when the legs are completely retracted or extended, and therefore not moving. Using the Firespittet plugin by Snjo would be a better idea, if it works for landing legs and not only wheels. And we don't really want a toucdown effect, we want a particle effect when the leg extends or retracts.

Hm.... why not to make them as SRB's? Activated by pressing "G" (i think it could be done, by probably forcing action groups?), having just enough fuel to make the effect as long as leg doesn't open, and then somehow make it to self-replenish after pressing "G" again and after pressing "G" again it will activate etc.

Just wanted to drop by and say I'm really digging this mod's concepts. Eagerly waiting its release, but no pressure. (<--- Steampunk joke) :cool:

OeH6c3X.jpg It only needed this.

Those legs look great, but they seem a bit too thin for me.

Pistons! Pistons! They need piston!

Wow what a great look to all of your parts! Your idea is awesome and I love it!! This is definitely up there along the lines of our Carriers and weapons this is of variance that other people aren't doing or have given up doing! Keep up the awesome work!!

P.S. I can't wait to land a craft made out of your parts on our Carriers!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.