Anyone Know What This Is?

The Jedi Master

z6tKcFn.png

I've been to the island runway a few times, but I have never noticed this thing. It appears to be a ruin of some sort, but I'm not sure. It is solid, so it is intentional. The white thing is my kerbal. Anyway, has anyone seen this thing before, and if so, what is it? Have I discovered a new Easter egg, or just some interesting background object?

Its were I plant the flags of every dead kerbal ;(. I hold a cermony there everytime one of them dies.

It does look a bit like a cemetery; perhaps it is/was planned for a future version?

Or maybe it used to be the final resting ground for kerbals launched from the Island Runway. Try coming back at night and check if there are any zombie kerbals wandering around.

As a whole the island airport looks like if somebody was building a new airport there but then the funding was cut and the site was abandoned. So there's desolated tower and two hangars and foundations of six more buildings that were never built. At least that's what it looks like to me.

It does look a bit like a cemetery; perhaps it is/was planned for a future version?

Or maybe it used to be the final resting ground for kerbals launched from the Island Runway. Try coming back at night and check if there are any zombie kerbals wandering around.

They are going to need a way bigger cemetery for my savegame

"Easter Egg" isn't a very technical term, but given how easy these things are to find and the fact that they're part of the Airport and not hidden some other place I wouldn't call them Easter Eggs, more of a random thingy that the modelers stuck in there. Kinda like the trucks in the R&D facility, or the ladders to the top of the VAB.

Its were I plant the flags of every dead kerbal ;(. I hold a cermony there everytime one of them dies.

That is a great idea,,, Curse you now i will have to do that to. Guess i will have to make some kind of hut there for the caretaker to live in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.