[0.23.5] Goodspeed Aerospace Parts v2014.4.1B

Gaius

Does the discovery pod have an IVA...?

I can check for you.

EDIT: The pod uses the same IVA as the stock Mk3 pod, so whatever you have as that IVA, will be in the Discovery pod.

Edited by Jaxx

As a sidenote, does anyone know how to make the rocket fuel cap compatible with Modular Fuel Tanks? It's basically the only thing missing from this (other than part balancing which I don't really care about).

• 2 weeks later...
As a sidenote, does anyone know how to make the rocket fuel cap compatible with Modular Fuel Tanks? It's basically the only thing missing from this (other than part balancing which I don't really care about).

Anyone at all? Along with a hopeful bump that the author might come back sometime...

I am trying to add the scale function to the "pod" that is the docking ring with flight computer and RCS built in. I would like to scale it to fit any size stack. however I use module manager to add the tweakscale module, or the goodspeedtweakscale module, but neither of them seem to work. I get no scale sliders in the vehicle assembly area. any ideas?

S

Never mind I just realized scaling it will not help. it is a docking port Sr. and just scaling it to normal docking port size graphically will not allow it to connect. the game code has internal "size" values and the rescaled part will still be telling KSP it is the larger size.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

• 3 weeks later...

So, .25.....

I don't know for sure (haven't investigated yet) but it seems at first flush that Squad may have moved the locations of the stock textures. Goodspeed, as I understand it, use the stock textures, and the parts are now mostly just blue. :P:P

So, .25.....

I don't know for sure (haven't investigated yet) but it seems at first flush that Squad may have moved the locations of the stock textures. Goodspeed, as I understand it, use the stock textures, and the parts are now mostly just blue. :P:P

Gaius hasn't been around for a long while. We may need to remap the textures ourselves. Let's see if the license allows us to help out.

I already rewrote the part.cfgs to match the new folder structure and sent him the link. I don't know if he comes back and if not, I'm not sure if i can post those configs. Any advice?

check the licence or make a MM patch would be my sugestion

I thought it might be nice to have the updated .25 configs in Module Manager patch form, so I made one based on ximrm's configs. You can grab Goodspeed.25Patch.cfg from my Dropbox. Enjoy!

Much thanks to ximrm for doing the tedious part, tracking down to where the models and textures had been moved. :confused:

Edited by wreckreation
update the dropbox url

@wreckreation: Love the idea; there is a slight typo, easily fixed in two of the docking ports:

@PART[goodspeedDockingPort2iJr] {

@MODEL,0 {

@model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model

}

@MODEL,0 {

@model = Squad/Parts/Utility/spotLightMk2/model

}

}

@PART[goodspeedDockingPort2iSr] {

@MODEL,0 {

@model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/model

}

@MODEL,0 {

}

}

should be:

@PART[goodspeedDockingPort2iJr] {

@MODEL,0 {

@model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model

}

@MODEL,1 {

}

}

@PART[goodspeedDockingPort2iSr] {

@MODEL,0 {

@model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/model

}

@MODEL,1 {

}

}

(Otherwise these two parts look like the standard lights in VAB and don't work.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
where exactly do i put this patch file???

Elaborating just a bit on what Shania_L said above:

First you need Module Manager. It allows parts to be modified on the fly, as the game loads.

Then unzip the Goodspeed patch into the GameData folder that's in the Kerbal Space Program folder. If you downloaded KSP directly, it might be e.g. C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData. If you downloaded it through Steam, it might be e.g. G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData.

Voila!

Yes i already have module manager and I've tried putting the patch.cfg in KSP/GameData/Goodspeed folder and also just into the KSP/GameData and both attempts seem to have no effect. am i still doing something wrong?? and thanks for the help btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind! i got it working sorry to bother you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.