Who else has had this brilliant idea?

DoctorCruz

Hm...good idea...I will try that when .24 comes out :D. Though I think it might not do much, other than a small explosion then nothing, unless it is given special explosion characteristics.

Maybe it will be indestructable and after it lands will just be stuck there rolling about the KSP.

I want to string a bunch of them together like a string of pearls, then i will de-orbit them all at once and through much trial and error, smash a number of them into the VAB at the same time. I think it will be kinda fun.

I can't do it with my computer, but I'm sure someone will deorbit an asteroid... and then launch it back into orbit again. Bonus points for doing so on Tylo or Eve.

I suspect thats WhackJob's plan.

I'm wondering if I fit wheels on the asteroid, will I have for once and all time, the biggest rover ever built.....

Boris

PS I'm wondering how many parachutes I'd need....

I'm gonna hitch a ride on an asteroid for a free trip to Eeloo.

Or I'm gonna use the asteroids to give Kerbin a ring.

Good idea. I wonder if someone will make a mod where you can use missiles to blow up asteroids. I know it'll probably be difficult/impossible ince I think the game will probably treat them as one massive piece, but it'd be nice to have. That way you could create a debris field. It might also make it easier if they ever decide to add resource collaction in the future.

I am going to capture one, bring it to LKO, then attach engines, a crew pod, and power station to it. Basically, turn it into a spacecraft.

Set the Kerbal record for largest spacecraft ever. I think I'll try to build a base on it with the MMM mod.

Someone should make a stationary base on some landed asteroids with large wheels. It'll look like they've landed a base, dug out the ground around it, and stuck wheels on the side to drive it around :wink:.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.