You received a gift from someone

Aghanim

What kind of power does it produce? Thermal? Electric? and how much? That's quite important :P

If it's about a MW I'd get a fancy electric car with a socket for it and drive that around forever, when at home i'd plug it into my house and refit all my appliance to be always on. Perpetually steaming jacuzzi, no more oven preheating, that kind of stuff. Oh and I'd have a tesla coil on the roof for lightning. One on my car as well come to think of it

I would borrow it to everyone and anyone that can learn from it, as fusion (and especially personal fusion) is something the world really could use. Not only would it probably mean (relatively) cheap power, but also that we have an excellent start when it comes to travelling interstellar distances. No need for a sun anymore, we will just pack our own.

Maybe some care would have to be taken to prevent political trouble, as powers will dramatically shift and interests will be completely different.

I would do the following, in chornological order.

1. Take out a $300,000 loan.

2. Reverse engineer the reactor myself and painstakingly build an exact working replica with the money I borrowed.

3. Call some physicists, and ask them to come to my home since I've built what appears to be an fusion reactor. Offer to pay their travel costs and everything.

4. Amaze the physicists, then explain how the reactor works

5. Get a patent.

6. Start an company.

7. Mass-manufacture the reactors, so in a couple years, every electrical powered vehicle now has an fusion reactor inside it, allowing for unpredecented range. Proceed to inform everyone that we nolonger need a dam on every river and an windmill on every hill.

8. Bribe Congress to put the oil colomogerates out of busniess.

9. Buy out my suppliers and competitors.

10. Move to Europa.

Hide and hire some protection, until I figure out how to distribute the design globally via the internet - without any oil company finding me first ...

Or, why not you start your own corporation, start your own lobbing corporation, and give every member of Congress an all-expenses paid vacation to Hawaii?

Then ask if you can be exempted from taxes while slipping a 1,000 dollar check into their pocket.

Or wind or solar company... Or greenpeace...

You may have a point ...

Or, why not you start your own corporation, start your own lobbing corporation, and give every member of Congress an all-expenses paid vacation to Hawaii?

Then ask if you can be exempted from taxes while slipping a 1,000 dollar check into their pocket.

You got some cheap congress men over there, buddy.

Sure, living the big dream and earning lots of money is great - but honestly I think humanity deserves a better future than just me getting filthy rich, because I still have not given up the thought that this §)/$ bunch of ("§$Z*s can do better! Given time ... I hope ...

And as every nation would try exploit the technology for itself/its elite upper class, freely distributing the knowledge would be my way to go.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.