[Paused] Acc Constructions - Project: ISS Alike Station Parts

acc

I dont like the idea of build in RCS Thrusters. The rest looks very promissing.

Cant wait to play it.

Yeah, I can understand that, but I really try to get the part count for station low as possible. I also save the model backups with all sections (objects) the modules are built from. So if it's frequently requested I can also release a pack with the sections as single parts to build more custom modules. But first I'll focus on a low-parts-version. So people without high-end-computers are able too to build a ISS-sized station and have over 3 Frames :D

At least, thanks for your opinion and interst - that keeps motivating.

--

Lets talk about the features/functions and resources you would like to have into Karya.

Current ideas:

Functions

- Command Module (Probe)

- Crew Capacity: 2

- Builtin RCS Thrusters (need testing)

- Carbon Dioxide and Waste Water Recycling (TACLS; has zarya lifesupport systems?)

- Science: Crew Report, Storage

Resources

- LFO (amount?)

- Monopropelant (amount?)

- Oxygen (amount?)

- Carbon Dioxide (empty; max. amount?)

- Water (amount?)

- Waste Water (empty; max. amount?)

- Waste (empty; max. amount?)

All suggestions and comments are welcome :)

The main Life Support module for the ISS is the Zvezda, though I think the Zarya did have at least some sort of sustainability capabilities (the "functional" part provided power while the "cargo/habitable" part provided habitation capabilities).

I wouldn't put Liquid Fuel on the module, maybe just mono and TACLS resources. How much however... I'd say enough to last it's crew about six months, based on the module's intended autonomous lifetime (before Zvezda was added).

@BananaDealer: Thanks. Yeah, maybe only storage, no recycler.

@manuelasa1999: Thank you too. I'll use TACLS, because I think it's the most used. But you don't need to install TACLS, if you want to play without a life support mod. So it's a addition if used, not a requirement.

--

UV-Mapping and Texturing in Progress:

6D72lnT.png

qVkCkZ4.png

Shout out your thoughs ;)

Edited by acc

One question: Will you model a koyuz TMA?

I know there are a lot of soyuzs and space shuttles mods but I think that they wont fit into your actually style( Based on what i have seen in your pics). If you model it i think that you should do it when all ISS parts are finished

To keep it short: Thank you, I'm happy about that :) - Yep, thats the idea behind the builtin RCS - Koyuz, maybe later. I've a lot of ideas, don't know which one I pick after this project.

--

Karya-Near-Final-Update-Alert!

BT2oRgi.png

(solar panels from the kosmos pack)

More screens on the first posting or direct on imgur.

The panels are just for show, it's not part of the pack. I'll do solar panels, but later. I'm still learning and first I want to increase my basic skills before I begin with animations.

Karya ToDo:

- Add RCS Thrusters (testing)

- Rework Collider Mesh (simplify)

- Rework UV Map (for Texture Details)

- Add Texture Details

- Tweak the CFG File

Edited by acc

Thread Update: Poll finished - PMA wins!

The tendency was really clear. But don't worry Kunity voters, it follows next.

And here a first screen of the PMA:

RjOhIRh.png

Edited by acc
screen updated

Karya First Testing in Space

Just a small impression...

WNNpMKf.png

Data:

- Mass (empty): 15t

- Crew Capacity: 2

- Remote Control (Probe)

- Reactionwheel (P/Y/R): 1.5

- SAS

- RCS (not implementet yet)

- Electric Charge: 1000

- Liquid Fuel: 180

- Oxidizer: 220

- Monopropellant: 150

Planned Mod-Support:

- TAC Life Support (storage)

- Remote Tech (builtin deployable short range antenna)

- Kerbal Attachment System (storage)

Please let me know your opinions and suggestions ;)

Can you also make Zvedza? Also it would be funny in Zveda's IVA, the Kerbals would be wearing ear plugs or ear mufflers

Yep, I'll make (and release) all ISS modules, in order they was launched in real life. So everybody can put it in "own space" as it's ready to fly.

Interior follows later, at the end of the project, because they need much more time to build than "normal" models. Same with animations, because I never done that. I'm relative new in 3D modeling, just started ~1 week ago.

Edited by acc

So... after thinking for so long if I should ask this.... I have been amazed by what you are doing already D:

Do you require my texture services? :)

Oh, thank you :)

I could really need some helping hands. But maybe first tell me what's your plan about the design. Would you join the IRC? A chat is more simple for talking about details as a thread or PN.

--

First Screen of the DP1500 (1.5m) Docking Port

It's my version of the CBM.

Ugy2shx.png

Edited by acc

Don't take this in the wrong way, but you still need to do a lot of work before this is good enough for me to download. Don't be afraid of adding more detail.

No problem and thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the textures (and UVs) are far away from done. But like I said, I just started with 3D modeling in general just a week ago and learn every day. It would be great if you could say what you would change/add/etc.

That's why I started this thread, to get feedback, suggestions and maybe tipps from pros, to think about it and get even more better :)

https://i.imgur.com/6gfk6qS.png

https://i.imgur.com/f8v1i0y.png

Though I believe he planned to have simpler design tho :P

Right. Looks good so far (for my crap UV) :D

The model needs rework. I see some weird shading/lightings around the external tanks.

Guess today I'll focus on Karyas Todo:

- add/test RCS (and add thrusters to the model if successfull)

- fix mesh and collider mesh;

- better UV map

And maybe later... We'll see :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.