B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

Mine works fine on 64bit, I have to say again this mod is total awesomesauce AND THE IVA IN DEEZ COCKPITS, simply amazing guys great work, grabbing the new update this is definantly a new must have mod.

Simply fantastic, I downloaded the pre-release and installed it on vanilla KSP.

I build a craft with the new HL cockpit, and when I wanted to launch it, KSP crashed. That was the only time though, so I don't know how to re-create the crash/potential bug.

The rest works fine as far as I tested.

The new IVA's and those huge station parts are fantastic!

You guys made KSP a whole lot more fun for me.

I have only one request/suggestion. I know there are VTOL engines, But some VTOL engines that fit with the new, big station parts would be awesome. something.. not too bulky, but strong enough to lift something heavy. :wink:

But finish this release first! :D

Oh wow, the part subtype switching is absolutely fantastic: no more having to wade through a sea of varient configs each for a different resource.

I did notice, though, that while there're setups for LF, LFO and Monoprop it doesn't cover XenonGas and ElectricCharge. Quite a few mods make Xenon-fueled drives more appealing and it'd suck to shut them out, and being able to store power without slapping a bunch of ugly batteries on the exterior would be nice.

Right, HPD/URC balance pass is pushed, so please go test it out and check its not massively unbalanced anymore?

I mean, I'm sure it can be cheated with in many ways, but it should be ballpark now.

Erm you nerfed it.... Hard... HPD+URC+Capacitor is now 238.992T, 31 LN-V is less then 70T. The URC is now 30T heavier? And I don't remember what the HPD was, but its seems alot heavier now to.

I did notice, though, that while there're setups for LF, LFO and Monoprop it doesn't cover XenonGas and ElectricCharge. Quite a few mods make Xenon-fueled drives more appealing and it'd suck to shut them out, and being able to store power without slapping a bunch of ugly batteries on the exterior would be nice.

MFT is adding compatibility with B9 5.0, Xenon tanks on planes is a bit... silly for the most part, though you can put tanks/batteries inside cargo bays or HX parts, and there is a battery HX variant.

Oh and Mk2 done:

q0vmSxS.png

Now somewhat reundant HUD removed in favor of the analog gauges being front and center, what do you guys think?

what do you guys think?

Looks awesome, man. I like being able to see the gist of the instruments at a glance. Are the staging buttons going to be added too? I use the MK2 for most of my craft. And i'm downright excited to see what you do with the changing the models for improved visibility in future B9 versions.

Oh and that hot rockets atmo density thing made me drool a bit.

Looking good so far. Shame the canopy view is still so unusable (I blame the pope-headed kerbals)

On my to-do list, didn't want to take a chop-saw to the cockpit models this close to release, making the canopy have a clear half-bubble-ish front instead of the metal, moving the kerbal up a bit to clear the nose (removed those polygons as a test, you see the back of the nose) and raising the canopy a bit.

i have a fairly stupid question, i never bother copying over the ships folder, and usualy just drop in the folders that are in the gamedata folder. but with this i've been leaving out the b9_aerospace_deprecated folder. does that make any difference in how it works or is it still needed for somethings?

i have a fairly stupid question, i never bother copying over the ships folder, and usualy just drop in the folders that are in the gamedata folder. but with this i've been leaving out the b9_aerospace_deprecated folder. does that make any difference in how it works or is it still needed for somethings?

Deprecated is just to make old craft files work.

Anyone know what engine effects bac is using on BahamutoD's radial engine in this image?

http://i.imgur.com/5kOBqk7.jpg

I suspect the effect of photoshop.
Damn :( Was hoping i could use them with ModuleRCSFX

I may have to go back and actually figure out how hotrockets works and see about making some effects like this for those engines, because seriously that looks so awesome. This picture made me go find these engines and download them lol.

Would be great! If it worked, always crashes on load but this is the same problem as KSPI. Dunno what to do.

What version? x64 crashes for no apparent reason with everything from time to time, as long as it does not crash all the time anyway.

Might be the ram limit if you're using x32. If that's the case, try the active texture management:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-24-Release-3-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

MFT is adding compatibility with B9 5.0, Xenon tanks on planes is a bit... silly for the most part, though you can put tanks/batteries inside cargo bays or HX parts, and there is a battery HX variant.

Oh and Mk2 done:

http://i.imgur.com/q0vmSxS.png

Now somewhat reundant HUD removed in favor of the analog gauges being front and center, what do you guys think?

I would actually prefer for the gauges to be on the sides or underneath the main display. You want to be more or less straight ahead for ergonomic reasons, right?

Are you using a front-mounted camera to do that, or are you integrating the camera into the nose cone/command module or what?

Whoever linked me that HotRockets file with the flame under/over expansion based on atmo density, it was great inspiration:

Aerodynamic expansion means it's supposed to be a VASMIR-style magnetic nozzle, rather than a MHD plasma thruster?

I would actually prefer for the gauges to be on the sides or underneath the main display. You want to be more or less straight ahead for ergonomic reasons, right?

I've moved it around a fair amount trying to figure it out, problem with putting them bellow the display is that then the side displays are really low compared to the middle one, putting them to the side means they need to be rotated towards you and it looks kinda awkward, since I'll re-do that seat after release anyway I'm not all that willing to finesse it.

Are you using a front-mounted camera to do that, or are you integrating the camera into the nose cone/command module or what?

All the cockpits have integrated cameras you can access on their own or apply to information screens.

So I'm not sure what mod is causing it but for some reason this and Spaceplanes Plus wont work together. I'm using the 32 bit client and i've ran both alone on a clean install and both worked fine, but they refuse to work together.

The way the game stops is weird too, instead of the usual box that appears after a crash this just stop and returns me to the desktop, with no warning.(like freezing etc)

I've re-downloaded each mod and unpacked the 32 bit client multiple times and made sure that it is repeatable.

If I unpack and install everything at the same time prior to starting the game I can get roughly 5 to 10 minutes of game time before it just quits.

If I take a game thats been previously started with either mod and install the second then it usually does not get past the initial splash/loading screen before it quits, (i've gotten to KSC main screen once or twice)

I also installed Sp+and loaded up the game to the KSC main screen and then minimized it, put the B9 stuff in (minus the depreciated folder and keeping the firespitter folder (same DLL) ) and used the debug menu to reload assets and as soon as it seemed like it was done it quit as well. I've also done this with B9 the first and Sp+ being the loaded in second)

I'm not smart enough to figure out what is doing what but I tried to be as thorough as i can with my testing to find the problem.

I've moved it around a fair amount trying to figure it out, problem with putting them bellow the display is that then the side displays are really low compared to the middle one, putting them to the side means they need to be rotated towards you and it looks kinda awkward, since I'll re-do that seat after release anyway I'm not all that willing to finesse it.

Cool oh. :)

All the cockpits have integrated cameras you can access on their own or apply to information screens.

Oh great. Excellent.